Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

I agree I also love the updates, gives you some hope on this journey

:hugs: to everyone

Hey all. So I have started cyclogest, continuing with aspirin and began heparin today (not as painful as I expected). I am now pooping my pants over the drugs concoction as well as the chance of a miscarriage. I'm scared and I hate feeling so needy and pathetic.

I'm on all of those too plus prednisolone. It's so odd having to start taking loads of drugs just at a time when you think you shouldn't! My head can't quite get round that. I have some lovely bruises from the heparin, and have also found that making the area cool before injection makes it less painful!

Hi ladies, I had another dr appt today and we lost one of the babies. The smaller one didn't have a hb today, the other baby does have a strong hb so we have no reasn to think that s/he won't make it. praying everyday.

oh reedsgirls I'm so sorry :hugs: I hope your other baby continues to do well, am thinking of you x x x

Lam- please do keep us updated! We need to know what to expect when we get our BFP!

Sandi- I am so sorry for your loss. Will keep u in my daily thoughts.

We recently had a couple we are friends with have triplets. She had them by c-section at only 25-26 weeks. 3boys, one passed at 27 weeks. The other 2 are in the NICU and seem to be doing alright. One day good, one day not.
The mother has set up a blog to keep family and friends updated. It breaks my heart. My husband went to visit the new dad, and my husband came home so sad for him. He told me he knows we have our share of pain but never wishes to be in their shoes. I can't even imagine.
My FS that I've been referred to was this couples doctor. Not that the same situation will happen with me, but man, it scares me.
I wouldn't mind twins, maybe even triplets, but 1 would be nice to start with.
Does anyone else ever feel overwhelmed by doctor appointments? Or rather, the wait for them!? Its almost as bad as the 2 ww!
2 years ago today I found out I was pg for the 1st time. Crazy how time flys. I have my appt set up for Oct.6th with the FS. Finally feel like im taking the bull by the horns!
How are all you ladies doing? Any updates, tests?

Hey Kat,

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend with the triplets, I really hope that your friends get to take their boys home :hugs:

AFM, I am sick with worry waiting for appts. I've got my first appt at the recurrent miscarriage clinic on the 27th of Sept which I've waited since April for. I've also got an early scan on Wednesday 22nd to see if this is a viable pregnancy and I'm terrified. It's all I can think about and I keep worrying that we'll go and there will be nothing there. I just dunno how to get through the next 5 days they seem worse than the past 2 weeks since I got my bfp.

Sandi, I saw your post elsewhere and wanted to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your babe. I'm very glad to hear your other babe has such a strong heartbeat. Keep on beating baby.

AFM, I had my MRI and got my results. I have adenomyosis which means the endometrium tissue is growing inside the uterine muscle. It is deforming the shape of my uterus. There is nothing they can do about it. No surgery can fix it. The only real treatment is a hysterectomy :cry:

Obviously that isn't an option. The reason women would get a hysterectomy is because their periods are so painful they can't deal. Mine aren't painful, nor is sex. The doctor said that as I age, it will probably get worse. :cry:

My options are to try surgery with high risk that my uterus can not be sewn back up properly. The surgery wouldn't increase my chances of carrying a baby to term which is why they usually don't do the surgery. He offered it to me because he couldn't offer anything else.

My other option is to keep trying and hope that I'll get one that implants in a good part of my uterus. Obviously this means I could face a lifetime of miscarriages.

Or, he told me I could use a surrogate. Great options!

I'm so angry and sad that I feel like I had a 4th mc. I'm not sure how to pick myself up after this news. I made an appointment for a second opinion though I'm not sure I'll get any new options. I've googled this and the info he gave me is the same as what I've read online. We'll see.

I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

Sandi, I saw your post elsewhere and wanted to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your babe. I'm very glad to hear your other babe has such a strong heartbeat. Keep on beating baby.

AFM, I had my MRI and got my results. I have adenomyosis which means the endometrium tissue is growing inside the uterine muscle. It is deforming the shape of my uterus. There is nothing they can do about it. No surgery can fix it. The only real treatment is a hysterectomy :cry:

Obviously that isn't an option. The reason women would get a hysterectomy is because their periods are so painful they can't deal. Mine aren't painful, nor is sex. The doctor said that as I age, it will probably get worse. :cry:

My options are to try surgery with high risk that my uterus can not be sewn back up properly. The surgery wouldn't increase my chances of carrying a baby to term which is why they usually don't do the surgery. He offered it to me because he couldn't offer anything else.

My other option is to keep trying and hope that I'll get one that implants in a good part of my uterus. Obviously this means I could face a lifetime of miscarriages.

Or, he told me I could use a surrogate. Great options!

I'm so angry and sad that I feel like I had a 4th mc. I'm not sure how to pick myself up after this news. I made an appointment for a second opinion though I'm not sure I'll get any new options. I've googled this and the info he gave me is the same as what I've read online. We'll see.

I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

My heart breaks for you. I have been reading online and I keep seeing something called Lupron that has been effective in carrying a baby if you have this. Did your doctor mention anything about that? When is your second appointment?

Another question Amanda- (sorry) Did the doctor say how bad it was- is it all around the uterus? I wonder since you are not having the typical symptoms of it, if it's still in it's very early stages and would respond well to treatment?

Hearttree I am so sorry huni. I will be praying there is always a way when God is invloved hun. I know your angry right know and you have every right to be. I so hope your second opionion has better news for you. I still believe there is a chance. xxxx I am praying hun

Heart- omg...I can't even find the words, what to say, I just don't know! A second opinion Is a definite yes. I just feel awful. Like Amos, I think we will all be doing some rearch for you. I am just so at a loss of words.
If I find anything I think will be helpful, I will definetly post it. When is your next appointment?

Thanks girls. My next appointment is October 14. I wasn't given a lot of info. I was given the info over the phone and couldn't think of questions to ask. He said it was 2.5 centimeters. He said it is in a place where embryos tend to implant, whatever that means. I didn't know they had a specific place they liked to go. He said I could try progesterone the next time I get pregnant and that might help. Honestly, from what I've read, there isn't a lot of research about this, so there is still a lot that is unknown. I guess in some ways that is the only hope I can have. Maybe it hasn't caused my mcs. I'll keep you all posted.

Amy, I know I've already told you, but I'm so upset about your loss as well. There is no reason any of us should be dealing with this. None.

heart tree is there no way if you had IVF they could make sure the embryo implants away from that spot? sorry if thats a dumb suggestion- I dont know much about IVF x

Heart Tree I'm so sorry to hear your news I hope that they can give you some more information at your next appointment and that maybe there is a solution to help you. :hugs:

HIya ladies I have had my Unk Cell results back from Siobhan Quenby and my Nk cells are double the normal amount!

I will now be entering in on her trial!

6 Angel babies for me

Heart tree - I'm so saddened by your news and I hope you and your DH manage to find the strength to cope with this together. My thoughts are with you.

HIya ladies I have had my Unk Cell results back from Siobhan Quenby and my Nk cells are double the normal amount!

I will now be entering in on her trial!

6 Angel babies for me

Hi Lawa - I know this is an odd question but please could you personal message me contact details for Siobhan Quenby? I have tried emailing her in order to be tested but have had no reply so wondered if I had the wrong address? I'd be really grateful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->