Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Heart Tree - I hate the feeling of impending doom, just waiting for ppl to tell you their pregnant. I have tried to get a hold on my jealousy by saying to myself "they might have had a tough time getting pg / had mc's" but I know that they haven't and so the jealousy creeps back in :( hopefully it will get better.

Baker am sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:

Luna, Petitpas and Kat I hope your appts go well, am still waiting for mine to rescheduled :( I would just love a plan right now oh and to stop bleeding surely 14 days is too long?

Rabbitt, I'm sorry you are still bleeding. I think you are still in the range of "normal" whatever that means in relation to a mc. Nothing about a mc feels "normal" to me. I hope it stops soon.

I know what you mean about the jealousy creeping back in. It always does for me too, but I try to make myself think that I could be looking at one of my B&B girls without even knowing it. That offers some comfort, but not always. When I know the woman hasn't experienced a loss, I'm an envious mess!

Thanks again Heart tree, I hope it stops soon, it's like a constant reminder iyswim. I just feel like I'm becoming a truly horrible person. I'm fine when anyone on BnB is pregnant but I just feel sick with RL people. My sister sent me a text saying she had something to tell me, I nearly had a heart attack until she told me she'd missed the ferry back to mainland and had to spend the night on an island. I was sure she was going to say she was pregnant!

I think I would feel better if I knew what to do. I'm so cross my RMC appt was cancelled. The stupid secretary is back until tomorrow and as she bumped me off the list (i didn't know this) because I was pregnant I might go to the back of the queue and have to wait another 6 months to be seen argh :hissy:

I'm just so frustrated and terrified that if we try again before we have tests I might have another mc that might be preventable. My husband is making inquiries into going to St Mary's RMC privately so we might get seen faster there, I just wish I could have my tests today and get my answers!

Sorry for the rant ladies just not having the best of days I hope everyone else is doing ok :hugs:

Oh rabbitchild, that's horrible that they cancelled your appointment. I hope that when you speak to the secretary tomorrow they will be able to help you out.
PS:...crying n the phone helps...

Sorry your appointment was cancelled Rabbitchild. I second the crying down the phone, also phoning every day or two til the secretary is so fed up of talking to you that you get "squeezed in". Not that I am annoyingly persistent! I find it helps me focus on something other than the loss (probably not the healthiest approach I know).
I totally understand everyone's thoughts about others announcing their pregnancies. I went through a phase where every few days someone on FB would tell everyone their happy news, making me feel guilty that I don't feel happy for them. At one point I had 10 people hidden on FB including my SIL.....
Anyway off for an ultrasound today, hoping they'll spot a tiny little blob on it (15dpo but neg hpts) but more likely they'll spot a cyst. This is the latest test by new gynae. The joys of endo and rmc. Still waiting on referral to rmc clinic in my new area.

Hi gals! - I had my 1st appt with my FS yesterday and...he was wonderful!!! We loved him instantly! He called my husbands sperm "little rascals" and described them as "burning in the hell of cervical mucus"! He was so funny :). He drew us diagrams and wrote out the game plan and order of tests on it and told us to put it on the fridge, so I did! He asked us with a coy smile how many babies we want and we both said 1 at first, no reality show or basketball team we told him :).
So I am currently on Provera to get my AF (its been 2 months), and then on
CD3 I will go in for FSH, LH, Androgen profile, Glucsose and Insulin. Then between CDdays 6-10 HSG. And after that a PCT. So extremely im being heard and havea game plan FINALLY!!! I feel so relieved. I kept asking what we do with results and he said "everything we have to do to make a baby". He said he won't let me go until we r parents! Can u tell im excited!?! Lol...

That's awesome news kat! Having a great doctor can make all the difference! I go see an ob who deals with fertility in November. His office has already told me they will not do any testing for recurrent m/c's until I've had 3 m/c's. I was super upset at first but being angry won't get me anywhere so dh and I are going to ttc again this month hoping either I'll conceieve and it will stick or if I miscarry, then that's 3 and they have to do something!

Kat - that sounds great - it makes such a difference when you get someone that knows how you feel.

An update from me - I had my 12 week scan on Monday and all was fine (apart from baby not wanting to get into the right position - consultant was getting quite annoyed!) and I saw my consultant on Wednesday - and he said I should really start relaxing now - not least because my blood pressure is a little on the high side!

I'm now weaning off the steroids, but am staying on progesterone for another 4 weeks, heparin for at least another 11 weeks and aspirin until about 4 weeks before due date I think.

I am trying to enjoy it a little more now as I've progressed so much further than previously.

Mpepe- do u have to have a referral with your insurance to see a FS? If not, I would go make an appt asap with one that is willing to work with you after 2 m/c. Why should we have to wait until 3!!!! This makes no sense to me. They will see you if you don't conceive for a long time, shouldn't they see you for losing also?! Hope that it works out for you, and I agree, keep trying. I know another loss would be devisitating, but u never know right!?

Light-thats awesome!!! How great to finally be able to feel like you can finally breathe a little bit and enjoy your pregnancy. It seems so scary doesn't it? To not feel like your pregnancy will last :(...I am keeping my fingers crosses for all you preggers out there that your babes are fighters!

Well, it looks like we have some good news here! Kat, I'm so happy you have a plan of action. A comedian for a doctor doesn't hurt either!

Lightweight, great news about the scan. Keep the good news coming.

Sandi, look at your avatar! Beautiful!!!!

Mpepe, I just saw you in the 35+ thread. Given your age, they shouldn't be waiting for 3. I'm turning 36 next week. I was 34 for my first mc and started getting tests right away due to my age. After my second mc, they moved at the speed of light to get more tests in for me. Sadly it wasn't until after my 3rd that they think they found a reason for them, but at least they were working on it. I agree with Kat, can you find someone else to work with. No one is going to advocate for you as strongly as you can yourself. You deserve answers and no one should be telling you otherwise.

kat I live in Canada and health isn't privatized. PLus, not too many FS's in the area where I live. I'm planning on pushing the issue of my age when I see the doctor. If he won't test I'll fight like hell or lie and say I had another m/c!

Well ladies I am of to see professor Quenby again today this is to discuss me going on the steroids from OV like lightweght has!

Wish me luck ladies!

Hi All. I have today been to see Professor Quenby and feel even more at a loss as to what to do in future pregnancies.

Basically, the NK cells research trial is on hold as there is no funding, but she would keep me on the list if they get further funding. She then went on to outline some research published this year which concluded that aspirin, or a combination of aspirin and heparin, did not increase the live birth rate in women who have had 3 or more miscarriages and have no blood clotting issues. In fact, those women in the study taking the placebo drugs had the highest live birth rate! The upshot is that she no longer recommends people take aspirin and/or heparin unless they have clotting issues.

The study she is currently running is called Promise which is a progesterone study. Basically women with 3+ miscarriages are given either progesterone or a placebo and then basically see what happens.

This leaves me in a dilemna - do I:
a) Join the research trial and get either the progesterone or the placebo. This means not taking ANY other drugs at all (aspirin, 5mg folic acid etc)
b) Not join the trial and take cyclogest (progesterone) which my GP prescribes me anyway. This way I know I am getting the "real" drug and not the placebo.
c) Have another go at aspirin, heparin and cyclogest. If this fails again then I will know that in theory, none of these drugs work for me.

DH was with me, and I know as she said aspirin and heparin aren't proven to help, he would rather I didn't take them, but I don't want to risk getting the placebo drug and basically going into another pregnancy doing nothing, as we already know that doesn't work!

I know it is selfish not to do the trial as I do appreciate the need for it to be done for the greater good, but I can't help being selfish as I don't want another miscarriage and I feel like doing something (aspirin, heparin, progesterone) is better than nothing (placebo and nothing else).

Any advice ladies?

ps. Here is the study disproving aspirin and heparin in case you are interested.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1000641

Lamburai, I'm of the opinion that it's worth trying ANYTHING. Even though I don't have clotting issues my consultant is going to put me on the aspirin/Clexane combo on the next pg and is going to prescribe me prednisoline too even though I've not been tested for NK cells.

:hugs:

Thanks Holly. I'm a bit scared of prednisolone without being tested (not that it matters as my consultant won't do it!) so I might just have one more try with heparin, aspirin and progesterone and see what happens.

Lamburai - I don't think you're selfish at all! I'have gone through 2 early losses already and am even scared to ttc again because I could have a third. I kind of agree with hollybush - if it won't hurt, then it's worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->