Recurrent Miscarriage Thread

Everytime I read 'stockings' I think suspenders/sexy, but I'm thinking they're so not. Am i right?

Glad you got some hopefully news Petitpas, my dh's cousin's gf had a PE this year and so whilst they're not thinking of starting a family yet they're very interested in what medications she would need to be on to reduce the risk of miscarriage. I hope they don't have to go through it though, noone should!

Lamburai - The research I've read suggests that lots of ppl might have clotting disorders that haven't been identified yet so fx'd our probs are something that can be treated. thanks for the advice re: GP I'm going to phone and "cry" at Mr Z's secretary tomorrow to see where that gets me, failing that I will speak to the EPU dr she is lovely. I'm in addlestone in surrey so nearest hospital is St Peters Chertsey but am near to royal surrey, frimley park and St Georges - at a push!

Petipas do you have the lovely white stockings or the sexy blue ones? (i used to be a nurse so had lots of fun putting them on patients ;)

Moonmama - the book is Miscarriage: What Every Woman Needs to Know by Professor Lesley Regan. It's really very good and goes through all the tests they do at St Mary's Hospital which has the largest RMC clinic in the country. Interestingly they do a TEG analysis to see how quickly your blood clots which can account for thrombophilias they don't test for yet.

Hahahahahahaha :rofl:
Blue and white hospital stockings are just temporary. NO WAY I would be seen in them in public :rofl:

The ones I have on order are black below knee stockings. NHS issue.
Yesterday I was wearing some really nice grey thigh highs. Yes, proper stockings! French ones at that :) And I also have the NHS ones that are held up by a garter. So there, Lambs!

As for PEs and pregnancy, the general rule is phrophylactic dose heparin, which is what I'm on already. I'm not sure whether that prevents miscarriages. Then again having a PE does not necessarily mean you're at risk of miscarriage. It depends on what caused the PE.

Rabbitchild, if you don't mind me asking, why aren't you a nurse anymore? We could so use an insider!

Lamburai no the predosiline didn't work for me made my count up to number 7.

But I have very high levels!

Rabbitchild thanks for asking, u/s was ok, hurt like mad and started bleeding after it as she had to do an internal one as my right ovary was too far over and hidden behind bowel (think it's stuck down again, eugh), but no cysts or anything of interest.
Good luck getting an appt with the right doc, things are so blinking complicated aren't they!

Beginning to think we've been conceiving each month as this month I had none of the symptoms I've been having preAF like agony boobs, sore lower back, tearfulness etc etc just had abdominal cramps from 6dpo.

Quick question do many gynaes believe in NK cells and can they do the NK test or does it need to be a bigger hospital? I'm probably clutching at straws but really want an explanation for our losses and a solution. Got a friend who keeps moaning on FB that she's overdue and it's really getting to me (commented that the wait will be worth it when she has bubs in her arms - was that b*tchy? She knows about our m/cs).

Petitpas I used to work in prescription services and used to sometimes get prescriptions for stockings and garters and always used to wonder about them, glad you get some nice ones!

hope everyone is well!

Petitpas - Ah so you get the sexy ones! those blue and white ones aren't particularly attractive are they? :rofl: thanks for the info on PE and pregnancy I'm not sure what caused the cousin's GF PE so she could be fine, fx'd!

I suppose I still AM a nurse, I have my registration but I had a career break to go to the USA 3.5 years ago and when I came back worked in medical sales. I've left that now and am unemployed but might go back to nursing part time. I would love to work in the EPU they only work 9am-3pm, cushy! and I could get scans any time I needed them :rofl:

fifi-folle - you know what's weird when they try to look at my left ovary it really really hurts apparently it's tucked up out of the way, hurt for ages even after the scan. BTW I don't think you were bitchy to your friend I know it must be hard when you want your baby to arrive but at least you know you'll get a baby soon.

About NK I'm sure the other ladies on here could have more input but it seems from my POV that it depends on the Dr if they believe in NK and I know that only one hospital near me tests for it and I think that's Epsom hospital because the consultant there, Mr Shehata believes in NK. I don't think St Mary's RMC tests for them but I could be wrong. Would it be possible to get your consultant to refer you to a centre that tests for NK they might know who's doing it.

fifi my consultant doesnt believe in them when I asked about them he said he would treat me as if I had them with the hep/asp combo and pregnyl; which as you all know isnt the usual treatment so I think he's basically just humouring me to get me to shut up! And I live too far away from these private consultants that do do it so thats me stuffed really

Rabbitt I'm a nurse too- must be quite daunting to jump back in after a break! I forget the door keycode after a week off usually! :haha:

Ladies,
Has anyone here had problems with work due to all the time off they've had with their miscarriages?
I had quite a lot of time off last year due to the PE etc., but this year I've had about six weeks off purely because of pregnancy/mc. With my first miscarriage, I had to wait almost a week to have the ERPC and was signed off the following week, too. Then I had complications (lots of bleeding and passing nasty big clots) that had me off work occasionally followed by a second ERPC due to retained tissue. After this the clots passing etc. continued, I was given a******* pills to help things pass (another two days off work), but still nothing. I ended up having a third ERPC with a few days off for that.
Shortly after that I fell pregnant again, which involved a whole new host of appointments - GP, midwife, DVT nurse, EPU. I lost this bubs in September while in the US (with work). I had the next week off on holiday but when I came back last Monday I took the day off to the hospital and sort out all my appointments/insurance. Also, having just returned to my husband I was more than a bit emotional. On Wednesday I saw my GP and again was too emotional to go to work. On Friday I saw my consultant to have a follow-up scan for the ERPC in the US.
I know that's A LOT of time off and today I was called into a meeting with my Manager and HR. They have asked me whether I consent to see an Occupational Health doctor. Has anyone here gone through this? Am I the only one who has had to take so much time off work?
I feel like a rubbish employee and am worried that continuing to ttc will compromise my employment (have I mentioned that I love my job?). Aaaaaargh!

Petit, I haven't had that problem, because for better or worse, I seem to have mcs at the same time as I have scheduled holidays. For all 3 mcs, I've probably only taken 3 - 4 days off total! I'm not sure about where you live. In the US, I don't think they can fire you for taking sick time. Do they know what you are taking time off for? What would an Occupational Health doctor do? Isn't it enough that you've been through recurrent mcs? Do they have to make you feel like you aren't doing your job too? It is so frustrating that this isn't recognized as a serious issue. If someone at your work had cancer, would they give them a hard time for getting chemo and radiation? I'm sorry you are feeling this way. You shouldn't have to.

Maybe I should add that they've been really nice about everything. But I was a bit shocked about the formality of it all today. And now it's formal it worries me.

Petipas - I've only seen an occupational health Dr when I was nursing - they were fine just wanted to make sure I was ok and fit to work and I thought they were going to try to stop me working but actually they just wanted to make sure I was ok and had the support I needed.

I hope the meeting goes well and isn't as bad as you think it might be given that the time you had off was pregnancy related doesn't that "not count" iyswim? Sorry I can't be more help :hugs:

Moonmama - I'm petrified of going back - too scared to apply for bank at my local hospital :blush:

Hi girls hope you dont mind me joining you, I have had 13 mc's in 16 years the last one happening start of august, i am now awaiting the 26th october for my first appointment with the pre pregnancy recurrent miscarriage support clinic, havent really got a clue what they'll do but hoping i will get some answers, have been tested for clotting issues but none found at last test.

Lisalou, I am in shock to hear about your 13 mcs. I'm so sorry you have been through this so many times. I have so many questions for you if you don't mind. Did you carry any children to term? Have you had any blood tests aside from the clotting disorder tests, or other tests like an HSG, hysteroscopy, laproscopy? Have you and your other half been tested for genetic issues? Have you had your thyroid tested? I've had almost every test they can throw at me and I'd be happy to share the list if it would help. There must be a reason you've had so many. I hope they are able to give you some answers or at least give you a plan of action on the 26th.

Lisalou, that's shocking! :hugs:
May i ask why you didn't have help before? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I very much hope they figure out what's been going wrong all these years x x x

:hugs: Lisalou and welcome I hope they find answers for you soon 1 mc is enough let alone 13!

Oh my, I really hope they find answers for you and help you so you don't have to suffer another one x

OMG 13, good heavens lisalou, also hoping you get your answers really soon!

Lisalou thats awfull - I'm so sorry for all your losses! How has no one helped you with this sooner! :hugs:

Hey girls, it breaks my heart to read this thread it is so unfair. :hugs:

Lisalou I am so sorry for all your loses.

I had the haematologist (I have had really bad anaemia) today and she said that my clotting disorder is not enough to of caused my little girl to be stillborn nor to cause my seven miscarriages, and that just because I have a known clotting disorder doesnt mean they should assume that is what caused it, and so full investigations should of happened. I just feel so let down.

Lisalou- how awful! I agree with the ladies, 1 is bad enough I can't even imagine! Sound like you need a game plan and round of tests asap!

Tasha- iso sorry for all your losses :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->