Red bleeding- 2 sacs ...Final update post 137!

Celesse

Reaction score
So having found 2 sacs on my scan yesterday, I've started bleeding fresh bright red. Its more than you could call spotting, but less than a miscarriage. Perhaps what you'd see in the middle of a period. No extra cramps beyond the normal mild first tri cramping. Still bleeding now.

My follow up scan is not until 19th , but I can't see them doing anything this soon after having a scan.

My scan showed 2 sacs, one bigger with a yolk sac, and one smaller without a yolk sac. Could it be the smaller sac coming away?

Update 13 weeks: I've continued to update this thread throughout my journey. If you've come across the thread from google or another search then you can find out how my story ends by reading through the rest of the thread.

Could be! Just take it easy !

Twin pregnancy are more common for bleeding, it cannot hurt to call your MW, she may or may not send you for a scan but in this pregnancy I had a scan on the Monday then again on the Tuesday and they said keep coming back if you bleed.

Hugs Hun xxxxx

I'll probably call EPAU direct on Monday. Right now on Friday at close of business all they'll tell me to do is go to A&E, who will re-refer me to EPAU on Monday.

I'll probably call EPAU direct on Monday. Right now on Friday at close of business all they'll tell me to do is go to A&E, who will re-refer me to EPAU on Monday.

Very true. Hope all is well :hugs:

hi there
i had a big bleed at 6 weeks, i thought it was all over, found out i was having twins and no idea why was bleeding. . they say its common with twins. mine were fine.
i hope its that, good luck.

Put myself on bedrest....by this I mean I've hauled my butt and laptop off to bed and am eating pizza and making DH look after the kids. Perhaps I'm milking it just a bit, but from what I've read sitting on by butt is the only thing I can do to increase the chances for these babies. Putting my feet up for a weekend is a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Though I think I probably need to install the spell checker on the laptop. I'm normally on a proper desktop when I'm downstairs.

I would definitely try and get in for an extra scan, I had two early scans at the start if this pregnancy and the second one they didn't even question

Put myself on bedrest....by this I mean I've hauled my butt and laptop off to bed and am eating pizza and making DH look after the kids. Perhaps I'm milking it just a bit, but from what I've read sitting on by butt is the only thing I can do to increase the chances for these babies. Putting my feet up for a weekend is a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Though I think I probably need to install the spell checker on the laptop. I'm normally on a proper desktop when I'm downstairs.

No, look after yourself, don't feel guilty. :hugs:

are they sure its a twin pregnant and not a sac of blood called a hematoma which can sometimes be confused early as a double sac..

if this it is, it will bleed till its gone on and off..

much luck hun fx

Sorry your experiencing bleeding but hopefully it's something that isn't a big concern. I stopped bleeding once they put me on bedrest and the day it got up and did more than I should I had brown bleeding the next day so I'm still trying to stay off my feet unless bathroom or showering but it's hard. I get bored and restless and the more nauseous I get the more I figure I must be fine and then I over so it again. I know here at our hospital they will scan you immediatly for bleeding and then you can follow up with doctor or mw next day. Mine actually called me the next morning immediatly because all his computers are linked to Yale hospital so I am lucky in that respect.

are they sure its a twin pregnant and not a sac of blood called a hematoma which can sometimes be confused early as a double sac..

if this it is, it will bleed till its gone on and off..

much luck hun fx

They were certain, 2 sacs. The smaller sac didn't look too much different in size from the larger one, a fraction smaller but still waiting on its yolk sac.

Bleeding seems to have stopped now. OH is attempting to get the kids up and ready. I'm resisting the urge to go and take over and do it properly.

Haha, it'll be good for him to have a little reminder of everything you do. Just look after yourself.

I'm glad to hear the bleeding has stopped. Take care of yourself and don't feel at all guilty about the bed rest!

No experience with anything like that, but didn't want to read and run. Hope all is well! Xx

Did you have an abdominal or vaginal scan to find put about the twins? Because if it was vaginal that can sometimes cause irritation to the cervix and some bleeding after xx

Did you have an abdominal or vaginal scan to find put about the twins? Because if it was vaginal that can sometimes cause irritation to the cervix and some bleeding after xx

Both, about 26 hours before the bleeding started.

More bleeding last night. Was a one off gush of bright red blood, then it stopped. Kinda scared to move right now in case it happens again. :(

I don't think there's still gonna be 2 happy sacs at the next scan, but as yet no pain or clots so that has to be a good sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->