Red bleeding- 2 sacs ...Final update post 137!

Cold is in full swing. The children both have the cold. Its icy outside. I've hardly slept. The only picture I get in my head when I think about scans is an empty sac. Really don't want to go, but at the same time know I need to.

Good luck hun! We're all holding everything crossed for you.

Good luck today Celesse, will be thinking of you today xx

Today's scan shows. 1 healthy baby with a little heartbeat measuring 7+1. The second sac is still there and looks bigger but its completely empty. Around the second sac is a clot, which is where the bleeding is coming from. My body could now reabsorb the sac or decide to try and miscarry it, so there's a danger that if I started bleeding heavily and contracting I could loose both.

So not out of the woods yet, but carrying 1 normal baby, which after all is all we set out to conceive in the first place.

Attachments

• IMAG4145.jpg
    IMAG4145.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 43
Still not the worst outcome xxx how will they know what your body decides to do? Can they influence you trying to reabsorb the second sac?

How scary, but such relief that 1 baby is okay. Really hoping that your body absorbs the 2nd sac without further complications.

Still not the worst outcome xxx how will they know what your body decides to do? Can they influence you trying to reabsorb the second sac?

Its all just wait and see. Its a bit worrying as I'm pretty sure its around the same size as my MMC pregnancy was and there seemed to be loads of tissue. It seems so much to pass safely or reabsorb, but from what I've read on the internet it happens a lot.

Really pleased that one baby is happy and healthy in there :) I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes without a hitch x

I'm so glad the one baby is looking good. Just wanted to let you know that I lost a twin this pregnancy as well. Mine had a heartbeat, but was measuring way behind the other one, and died around 9 weeks. While I did have some spotting, the sac is still in my body and will be crowded out by the healthy baby until it becomes part of my placenta. This is very, very common, and the vast majority of "vanishing twin" cases result in one healthy baby. There's a very good chance that everything will be fine. I remember how stressful it is, hugs to you!

I'm so sorry it looks like you will lose one of the twins but I am glad the other baby is doing well.

I also lost a twin with my son. I actually miscarried it and held the 9 week fetus in my hands. I had passed about two fist-sized clots and had miscarriage-level cramps for about a day. It took several hours after passing the twin for the cramping to stop. Somehow my son managed to hold on. My hematoma in the womb caused problems for a long while afterwards but everything turned out OK. I never passed the sac. It was on the scan the next day and I only ever had some spotting after that and a scan just 2 weeks later showed it was gone.

I'm glad that one baby is healthy and is doing well. I'm sorry about the other, it's quite a bitter sweet situation.

Keeping my FX for you that everything goes smoothly with the rest of the pregnancy xx

:hugs: Sorry about the 2nd twin. As PP said, it's very common and the vast majority of cases work out just fine for the surviving twin. Before they started doing early ultrasounds people would have this and wouldn't have a clue that's what happened.
It just sucks that you have to be in limbo waiting to see if you're going to pass the sack. That is pretty nerve racking. I hate that feeling of not knowing what will happen. :hugs:

I'm not really sure how to feel emotionally about the second sac. We only planned one more baby and joked many times about how much of a nightmare twins would be. When they first saw them on scan there was already a question mark over the smaller sac and only 24hrs between seeing it until I started bleeding. So I never really got to the point of imagining myself with twins and seeing that second sac as a potential baby. At the same time it was a little fertilised egg that didn't make it.

Maybe its best I don't think about it and just look out for the very much wanted baby thats growing in my tummy.

Yeah I can understand that. My experience was a bit different in that sense. For me the idea of twins was pretty awesome after going through infertility. And the first scan everything actually looked pretty good until I saw the doctor and they said one wasn't viable. So I had that moment where I saw the 2 sacs and 2 heartbeats and I was totally attached from then on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->