red clover/raspberry - good/bad?

deepeeoh

Reaction score
Hi,

This month, I began brewing up some RC + RRL tea (desperate times...) in the hopes that some of the claims out there that it's a brilliant fertility tonic are true!
I'm a bit confused, though, about whether or not I should be drinking this since there is so much conflicting info on the web (and when I asked my Dr. about it the other day, she just sort of rolled her eyes and said, "teas are not going to help you at this point, love; it's IVF or nothing!" (to which I responded, "well, then, would YOU like to finance my $65,000 IVF treatments?!" :))
To some, RC and RRL are a cure-all, and to some, should be taken with caution, or not at all, as it could push already-balance hormones out of whack?? (my AF is regular, ovulation for the most part so, and my bloodwork is all good...including rather high levels of progesterone, etc)

Last night, after having drunk a cup of the two teas combined, I was awake until 4am. Not even sleepy; just wide awake, as if it were the middle of the day. Not sure if that's the tea talking, but if so, that can't be good.

Anyway, after this long ramble, any comments from those with first-hand experience would be welcome.

Thanks!!

Hey, well I've never heard of it as a cure all, but as a uterine tonic. It helps to strengthen and tonify the muscles of the uterus, thus most say to not use it when actually pg. Some women use it to help bring on contractions in the last few weeks. I have used it, but not for ttc, I used it once (in liquid form) with other herbs (vitex) to help regulate my cycle and diminish pms, and it worked, but it was with other things. I'd say it can't hurt, but prob best to restrict it to pre-ov, and I think you need to drink quite a bit to have an effect. I don't know why it would cause sleeplessness as it's caffiene free, but maybe it's a bit of a stimulant and better to drink earlier in the day? I'd say ignore your doctor as they always dismiss natural things, and give it a try! You might surprise her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->