Red Rasberry Leaf Tea

oedipamass

Reaction score
I just ordered a bunch from Amazon and am planning to start drinking a cup a day throughout my 2nd and 3rd trimester. Anyone else giving it a shot?

I am really interested in taking the capsules but keep getting conflicting information on the web! From what I can gather it is safe to take 1-2 capsules from 32 weeks, 3-4 capsules per day once you hit 36 weeks and then move to up to 6 capsules per day from 37 weeks onwards - I'm only 26 and a bit weeks so going to pick some up from holland and barrett in time for the 32 week mark :)

I used the tea in both my pregnancies and I am sure that had something to do with my quick labours (3 & half hours for number one and 3 hours for number two). From about 35 weeks I was having about 5-6 cups of tea a day. I will be doing it again with this one too and hoping for third time lucky:winkwink:

I have heard it is safe to take 2 cups of tea in the 2nd trimester and 3 in the 3rd. I assume that the tea is probably less potent than the capsules so probably safer, although I don't really believe there's a risk after the 1st trimester. I want to do everything possible to be strong and prepared for a vaginal birth so I'm giving it a go!

Bubba Cub: 3.5 hours for your first sounds great! Was that from your first contractions to giving birth or just the pushing?

My MW says its fine to take before and after conception, that includes first tri :)
It def worked for me! I didn't drink it very long w DS1 birth and my labor was long, but that was due to his presenatation. And even w his presentation it was still fast, considering he was face up (still a long labor, but given the circumstances it could have went on much much longer). But with DS2 i drank it during 1st, 2nd, and 3rd trimesters. It took me a long time to get to active labor (it always does, for whatever reason), but once i hit 4CM it went super super fast (4CM to placenta was less than an hour and a half and that included a shoulder dyscotia, so wicked fast). I attribute that to the RRLT :)

I have heard it is safe to take 2 cups of tea in the 2nd trimester and 3 in the 3rd. I assume that the tea is probably less potent than the capsules so probably safer, although I don't really believe there's a risk after the 1st trimester. I want to do everything possible to be strong and prepared for a vaginal birth so I'm giving it a go!

Bubba Cub: 3.5 hours for your first sounds great! Was that from your first contractions to giving birth or just the pushing?

With DS1 I had what I thought were labour pains but the midwife said they were just b/h and that I wasn't really in labour and wasn't at all dialated and he wanted to send me home. That was at 7 in the morning and at 10:48am he was in my arms. Same story for DD too, the midwife checked me at 1:30 am and I was only 2cm then she was in my arms at 4:37am!
The midwife for this new bub has said I should refrain from sneezing this time :haha:

I love the tea, my cousin did try the capsules but she still had a difficult birth with her first but he was a huge baby. It might not work for everyone but it is worth a try and it tastes nice too. Hope it has great results for you.

I took it through the end of my pregnancy with my daughter (my first child) and went 11 days overdue....

RRLT doesn't start labor, it just tones the uterus to make contractions more efficient once labor actually begins. It's a large misconception that it throws you into labor or means you wont go over due-totally not the case.

I have gotten myself all psyched out reading the reviews on Amazon. I can't wait to get it in the mail!

I took capsules from 34 weeks and had a 3 hour labour and she was out in 2 pushes. By the time I got to birth suite her head was out. Bit scared of taking it this time! She came at 37 w

I took ot last time, 3 capsules a day from 32wks and my labour was 3hrs start to finish. Im def giving it another go this time :)

I'm 19 weeks now and was considering starting to drink the tea now. I know some of you said you drank it since 1st tri, I hope it's not too late that it wouldn't make an impact. I was also kind of afraid of a really quick labor since my birthing center is roughly an hr away

I have started drinking it and I love it. Very tasty. I've missed drinking teas, so this is just perfect. Trying to start with 2 cups a day as strong as possible.

I didn't take anything with Liam. He was 10 days overdue, back to back, 16 hour labour, ventouse delivery.

With Amelia I took RRLT capsules and EPO. She was 9 days overdue, but only a 3.5 hour labour, no assistance needed.

I'll definitely be taking both again this time, I don't think the EPO did much (it's supposed to help prepare the cervix for labour but I guess baby won't come until they are truely ready)

I didn't take anything with Liam. He was 10 days overdue, back to back, 16 hour labour, ventouse delivery.

With Amelia I took RRLT capsules and EPO. She was 9 days overdue, but only a 3.5 hour labour, no assistance needed.

I'll definitely be taking both again this time, I don't think the EPO did much (it's supposed to help prepare the cervix for labour but I guess baby won't come until they are truely ready)

Can you remember how many capsules/how often/from when you took them? I have a feeling I won't like the tea as I am soooo fussy! Lol

Also, what's EPO?

I have some in my cabinet I've been waiting to take so I might as well start now! This is my first but I'm hoping for an all natural and (fingers crossed) speedy delivery! Thanks for starting this thread :)

Can you remember how many capsules/how often/from when you took them? I have a feeling I won't like the tea as I am soooo fussy! Lol

Also, what's EPO?

EPO is evening primrose oil. I took it too from 34 weeks. Not sure if it was the epo or rlt but i went from 3cm to birth in just under an hour.

Also, what's EPO?

Copying and pasting my post from another thread, this is what I did on 400mg capsules:

I would suggest:

Start taking them at about 32/33 weeks.
Take one in the morning and one in the evening

At 34 weeks start taking 3 a day.
At 35 weeks take 4 a day.

From 36-37 weeks take 5 or 6 a day. (I'm on 6 a day but sometimes forget 1 or 2)

Then stop. Taking them past 37 weeks could contribute to going overdue.

HTH x

Taking them past 37 weeks could contribute to going overdue.

Could you point us to a source for this? I've always heard RRLT was great at *all* stages after the 1st trimester, even as a lactation aid, labor aid, etc.

Also, does anyone know which is preferable or stronger, the pills or the actual tea?

If you can get the loose herbs, as opposed to the stuff already in the teabag, that is the best, most potent form you can get. I know the teabags and the capsules work, but i was talking to my MW (who is trained in herbs and such) and she said loose herbs is always the best, over anything. It also needs to be fresh. If it gets too old (think she said over 1 month?) then it wont be as strong. It can still work, but it would be hard to know if you're getting everything.

& yes, my MW says preconception, post conception and your entire pregnancy it is safe to take (if youre low risk)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->