Red Rasberry Leaf Tea

I never upped it over 1 cup...mostly bc im not a huge fan :blush: lol

Even though i never upped it, it still made me feel more healthy. I didn't have severe low iron that pregnancy either. And i think it improved my moods too.

So exactly *how* does it increase the risk of miscarriage? Does anyone have any details or explanation?

It helps with uterine contractions, which is why many recommend not taking it before 37 weeks, when baby is technically full term.

Oh okay. My midwife has explained to me that it just makes the uterine muscles stronger, but doesn't actually bring on contractions, just makes them more productive when the time is right.

Oh okay. My midwife has explained to me that it just makes the uterine muscles stronger, but doesn't actually bring on contractions, just makes them more productive when the time is right.

This is what I've been told too. Though I started taking it at 34w and my braxton hicks became quite strong as soon as I started taking it so I'll wait until I am well into my 3rd tri to start taking it this time too. She was born at 37w (though I think its because I went on a MASSIVE walk, lost the plug when i got home), and my labour was 3 hours so I think the rlt worked its magic by taking it just for 3 weeks.

I took one a day all last week and two per day so far this week :) Going to increase by one each week until I reach 6 and then stick at that :)

I haven't felt anything although was getting checked out on the monitor the other day and apparently was getting Braxton Hicks (kept showing contractions on the monitor) but I couldn't feel anything!!! Lol :)

I took one a day all last week and two per day so far this week :) Going to increase by one each week until I reach 6 and then stick at that :)

Is that in terms of pills or tea? Going to start mine tomorrow at 32 weeks.

Is that in terms of pills or tea? Going to start mine tomorrow at 32 weeks.

I'm taking the capsules as a lot easier and I don't really like that taste of the tea so I am doing:
32 weeks = 1 capsule in the morning (DONE)
33 weeks = 2 in morning (DONE)
34 weeks = 3 in morning (START TOMORROW)
35 weeks = 3 in morning and 1 in evening
36 weeks = 3 in morning and 2 in evening
37 weeks (and onwards) = 3 in morning and 3 in evening

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back