Reduced movement at 18+5 should I be concerned?

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
Does anyone know when we should start taking notice of movement?
I've been feeling movements for a few weeks now and had a couple of quiet days last week then the baby has been really active
But yesterday and today I've not felt much at all- I was thinking the baby is still really small and could be facing in the way and I might not be feeling the kicks- but should I ring the midwife?

I think you start monitoring movement in third tri. It could be sleeping, I have active moments then it goes quite for a bit.

With my first I didn't start feeling any movement at all until around 18 weeks, and then it was only sporadic until around 20-ish weeks... (had anterior placenta)

With my second, I felt first clear movement at 13+6, then again at 15+4, and then on/off till 18ish weeks. But at that point (up till 20+ weeks) baby is still so small that movements aren't necessarily felt regularly. I think I was also told to keep 'track' closer to 3rd tri...

If you're concerned you can always ask your mw, but I don't necessarily think there's a reason to be worried xx

I had the same thing happen... went days without feeling her. But she was fine. I can feel strong movements now (22 weeks). You only count from 26 weeks I think.

I had the same thing happen... went days without feeling her. But she was fine. I can feel strong movements now (22 weeks). You only count from 26 weeks I think.

I recall being told to monitor from 26 weeks too.

I asked my midwife about this at my 17 week appointment, and she was very surprised that I was even feeling movement! She said not to worry about how often I felt movement that that stage (yeah right!) A few weeks further along I started to feel him all day everyday!

I agree with 26 weeks, but even now at 27 he has sporadic times where I don't feel him at all during the day. At 18 w I didn't feel much and would go days without anything

They're still so teeny at that gestation so chances are he/she is just hiding. I'm 25 weeks now and baby has more and less active days but I'm starting to get to know their general pattern :)

I was told to monitor from around 28 weeks - my one is a wriggly worm some days and a sleepy head the next! Still have no idea of a pattern!

At my ultrasound last week my baby was going NUTS and completely spazzing out, the sonographer could hardly keep him in view! She asked me in amazement, "are you feeling this?" and I really wasn't...lol. I feel him a few times everyday and he packs a punch when I do, but it's not regular yet. He's moving in there, I just can't feel it most of the time yet!

This drove me absolutely bonkers my entire pregnancy with my son. Some days he was an acrobat, then I would feel nothing for a few days and be sure something was wrong. Then I noticed during ultrasounds he was moving but I didn't feel it at all, so just know you won't always feel them moving, but they very well could be! Also some people are more sensitive to it than others. My sister said she barely felt any movement with her two kids. That said, once you get to around 28 weeks or so they say to see your dr if you're worried about less movement, though chances are very much in your favor that everything is fine. Hang in there!

I'm going through the same thing right now. I started feeling movements like crazy at 17 weeks. Now these past few days, nothing. It's nice to know it's normal but it's still hard not to worry!

Just to update I started feeling more movement again so at this early stage the baby obviously gets into positions that I can't feel anything!
Thanks for the reassurance

Mine must have got into a position or is asleep cause I haven't felt much for few hours now! I was out and about today but I can't help worry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->