Reflux and infant gaviscon

blake12336

Reaction score
After being majorly sick every night and day since he was born, LO has been given gaviscon for reflux.

My question is, how do I get him to take it!! I've tried off a spoon, syringe and cup, and tonight I've put it in some squash as it's the only way he will drink it, but I do not want to give him squash again.

Any ideas?!

We used a little dropper to put it into the side if her cheek. Total disaster and only got her to swallow a fraction of the prescribed amount! Iv given up trying. I'll be stalking this thread for new ideas!x

I mix it with expressed milk to make it taste slight less offensive and slowly syringe it into the corner of his mouth. A bit gets wasted but not too much x

I've only let LO have the squash tonight as a last resort and he has drank all of it, I've tried a dropper too but he refuses it and barely takes any.

I will try expressed milk tomorrow but I hate giving him a bottle if I'm there as I don't see the point, although I could probably give him a bit in his sippy
Cup :)

I only mix it with 15ml of expressed milk so it's easily given with a syringe or even a spoon or something. Were you told to give it before or after a feed? I'm still unsure, packet says in the middle of feed but health visitor said at the start of feed.

LO only has it once a day before bed so I give it him after tea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->