Refused induction - am I being selfish?

Your initial decision was not selfish in any way! They said baby was fine! I'd refuse too. My oldest was an induction from hell and I will do everything I can to avoid that again! 30 hours of labour. and an almost emergency c-section. Plus everything in between went wrong. They had no concrete reason for wanting him out either. But I caved being a first time mom. Good luck with your induction! I hope you have a better experience than last time!

I went in twice with reduced movements just before and just after 40weeks. I was offered induction and accepted for two days later. My LO was worn a further 3 days later! 53hr induction...but very positive!

In hindsight, I was completely wrong to wait on scheduling, I should have accepted the initial offer and began the process 2 days earlier. My LOs cord and placenta were almost completely f**ked, and I had had a scan 1 week previous, and 4 sessions of monitoring which were ok, but not great baby was very quiet but scan showed no markers or anything negative. She needed a little oxygen when she came out, just a whiff and was very lethargic for 24hours.

I was so set on my birth plan that I put myself and my choices before my baby, and I was so wrong and I'm still haunted by that. I'm pleased to see your update regarding induction, it's the right thing.

Just want to say good luck for your induction, and try not to worry about it too much. Inductions with second births are often much smoother.

I was induced at 41+4 by gel pessary and waters broken 24 hours after that. Very manageable, quick birth, much easier experience than my first.

Wow, I'm really surprised by some of the responses on this thread. I found some of them plain rude!

Anyway, good luck OP.. I hope your induction goes smoothly! All the best.

Wow, I'm really surprised by some of the responses on this thread. I found some of them plain rude!

Anyway, good luck OP.. I hope your induction goes smoothly! All the best.

As far as I can see all replies have just shared their own experiences and giving their opinion ... the OP did seem she was open to HONEST opinions and like she took them on board. Don't get offended on other people's behalf.

Op good luck with the induction today. I've heard as many positive induction stories as I have negative. Induction doesn't always have to be negative. Good luck and look forward to seeing you on the other side ... baby club :haha:

never been induced an not heard anything good or bad. Hope induction goes well tonight/this afternoon hun. I do believe the suck it up comments mite be harsh, due your prev experience no wonder you had think it through. I had naturalish birth my first an only 10hr labour but was traumatic an still haunts me no3. I was put ambo etc an ended up forceps as a test came back abnorm luckly fully dilated or it be c sec. Got severe pre e. But i dont think it was too bad just lil dramatic lol. No 2 was fast 6.5hrs an mw didnt think as far was (wasnt examind till wanted puch an she born 8mins later lol)

Thanks girls.

Bags are packed and I'm waiting to go in tonight to get started. I won't lie I am very nervous about the whole thing but I'm hoping that I can stay calm and make it a positive birthing experience. Staying focused that I'll have my baby in my arms tomorrow (hopefully!) I'll update you all when he's here! X

you have every right to refuse induction and they should just minitor you very closely. nst's every couple days to make sure hes ok. xx

I was really nervous about my induction so I brought some music and that helped me relax, I just focused on that until I had to focus on labour. I basically just listened to Norah Jones on repeat.

Good luck Mrs. S. I hope for a speedy relaxed induction for you this time :hugs:

To pp who said it was harsh of people to say suck it up. Op asked the question 'should I just suck it up?' So people were just responding to that comment. No malice intended :)

to the

Good luck, I hope all goes well or went well!!!

I will just throw in my two cents. I think you were completely reasonable about your initial choice and subsequent. I think as first time moms you do EVERYTHING by the book and doctor. Which is great if your pregnancy is textbook, but not every pregnancy is. My sister was induced and later hemorrhaged because her body wasn't ready. I was induced 10 days past with my second, it was a dream labour for me. Quick (less than 2 hours once I started) and not super painful (no back pain!!!). I'm hoping for the same for you! :)

Good luck with your induction I hope your baby is born safely soon xxx

Hi ladies just to update you all my baby boy is here! Oddly enough my waters broke an hour before I was due to be induced and went into labour myself! The whole labour from start to finish was 8 hours (much faster than my first!) However, unfortunately baby got stuck, was facing the wrong way and had cord wrapped around his neck so I ended up having to go to theatre for emergency episiotomy and forceps to get him out safely.

It goes to show though that there was a reason for his one episode of reduced movement that the trace didn't pick up on so the docs were right to want him out. I'm so so glad he's here safe and sound. Thanks again for all your advice ladies. Xxx

Congratulations Mrs S! Glad to hear he arrived safely in the end xx

congrats and so glad that it all turned out ok in the end xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back