refused....updated 24/11

M

mandy121

hi i had to see consultant today and he said i cant have home birth as this is my 6th babu but my last one was at home and went well and allmy other births was fine too .. can i do any thing bout thins as i really want home birth as much better and easier for my 3 yr old xx

I don't personally have experience of a home birth, but its your decision to make! No one can make you have a hospital birth! Just tell your doctor you ARE having a home birth and they need to make preparations for this xxx

That is ridiculous! It doesn't matter how many times you have given birth and from what you have said there is no reason for you not to get your home birth! Can you request another consultant? He has no right to tell you where you have to give birth. Is there a reason you have to see a consultant at all - i.e high risk in some way? xxx

Here's a useful link for you regarding multiparas: https://www.homebirth.org.uk/multipara.htm

I'd request another consultant that you feel supports you more, rather than just tells you what he wants you to do. You really need to feel confident and comfortable about where you birth.

It's not up to your consultant, they can advise but in the end it's up to you.
Do your own background reading, decide if homebirth is what you want and then let your midwives know (assuming you will have m/w care too, what your intentions are. You don't need to enter into discussion with or justify your decision to your consultant.

It's your birth to decide on!! Although if it is your 6th baby you are at more risk of bleeding heavily after the birth. Women with 5 babies or more are classed as high risk, did he explain this to you?

yes he said high risk because its 6th baby but ill be 5 minutes away from hospital if any thing goes wrong.. my home birth with last one was so relaxed as all my others was in hospital and all they do is shove u on the bed and thats where u stay and the hospital is disgusting too. and if i go hospital with this one then ill have to take my 3 yr old with me wen im in labour as no one to look after him x

update ..... i got in touch with the head of midwifes and she has said i can have home birth, should get letter to confirm from her tommorow to put in my notes . im so pleased ,,

Of course you can do something! Its your birth hun! Look around and see if you can find a second opinion. I dont understand why you wouldnt be a canidate if you have had healthy births before. Good luck and dont give up!!! :hugs:

update ..... i got in touch with the head of midwifes and she has said i can have home birth, should get letter to confirm from her tommorow to put in my notes . im so pleased ,,

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->