regathering the august group

I have my 28 week check up today, now it's every two weeks they told me...seems really soon for some reason!

Trying to keep my spirits up today...not only is it my 30th birthday but I have to start summer semester classes today :(.

On a good note though I am feeling much better lately, hopefully the dreadful heartburn stays away for today :)

I sorted Thomas' swinging crib! Got his mattress from mothercare for £12.99 and a crib set from Toys R Us for £19.99 :happydance:

https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/246968_2112391694549_1388356992_2481256_6519489_n.jpg

Girls you need to talk me out of spending £60 on a play gym. Bar his pram this is the most money I will have spent on one purchase!!

But it is fricking awesome, if I was a baby I'd be wetting myself with happiness :rofl:

his crib looks so so cute! :) and great prices! i was going to try making my bedding but im starting to cop out before i have even started lol. if you want to spend that much on a play gym look for it on ebay first. we have got some really good 'like new' bargains on there saving us literally hundereds!

magicbubble that's what I'm going to do x I was going to get a crib set on ebay but £20 brand new you couldn't really find one for cheaper xx

This is the gym I want too. So. Awesome.

https://www.brightstarts.com/p-255-babys-play-place-deluxe-edition.aspx

i dont think you can go wrong with £20 new :) i will look at your link now. ive just won this toy box on ebay so im excited myself now lol https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...330733&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_499wt_1159

magicbubble that's what I'm going to do x I was going to get a crib set on ebay but £20 brand new you couldn't really find one for cheaper xx

This is the gym I want too. So. Awesome.

https://www.brightstarts.com/p-255-babys-play-place-deluxe-edition.aspx

ooooooooo i dont want that gym.... no not one bit.... noo d.o.n.t. w.a.n.t i.t! no not nice..... do i sound rubbishly convincing? its lovely! lol. i love it :) im going to put a link to something i like now - you have just reminded me

i really like this but havent read any reviews. just noticed - it only has 1 star! but it looks so nice! https://www.mothercare.com/Sunshine..._1_16&nodeId=530234031&sr=1-16&qid=1306180513

Hi everyone
I'm due 24th August with a baby boy (1st baby!)
Cant waaaaiiiiiiitttttt!

You're not doing a good job at changing my mind lol!!

oooh that's quite cool, I didn't see that one instore!

Girls you need to talk me out of spending £60 on a play gym. Bar his pram this is the most money I will have spent on one purchase!!

But it is fricking awesome, if I was a baby I'd be wetting myself with happiness :rofl:

To be honest, we bought a playgym for $50 and ended up taking it back, because my son HATED it...

Why not see if you can find one that's a bit cheaper at first, just incase your son doesn't like it? Then you won't be spending too much money on something that might not be used. :shrug:

I can't justify spending a ton of money on baby things... we have a 2nd hand crib, change table and all the clothes for my son (15 months now) are 2nd hand aside from bday gifts... :haha: BUT that's just me. :)

Nearly all my things are second hand too (our swinging crib was free) :thumbup:

I think I'll be buying one that's half the price x

Hi Ladies!!!

Tried so hard resisting until next week, but I can't hold out any longer and I'm tentatively dipping my toe into 3rd tri!! I'm not sure I'm quite ready to be here yet, but I'm definitely over 2nd tri!!

Anywho... I'm due Aug 29th with my first and its a :blue: I may be induced early though because I have GD so depending on whether or not I can control it with diet or not will decide if baby comes naturally.

Its finally starting to feel real now. Its so easy to get stressed when I think of all the details that I need to see to. I have my baby shower in 3 weeks and then after its over, its down to serious business getting everything ready. I'm a bit of a control freak so its irking me that everything isn't already done!!!

I'm due August 8 with a girl. It's my first. I am so excited and I have sooooooo much to do before she comes!

I'm also due August 21 with a boy. The ultrasound tech dated me 1 week and 2 days ahead though and I usually go early. Have a stitch in the cervix this time and will be pulled out about 4 weeks before due date. Hoping to go then :)

Hey August Mommas.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It's been awfully stormy here and now I'm dealing with MIL drama. :roll:

Just ready for my little girl to be here already!

I have my 28 week check up today, now it's every two weeks they told me...seems really soon for some reason!

Trying to keep my spirits up today...not only is it my 30th birthday but I have to start summer semester classes today :(.

On a good note though I am feeling much better lately, hopefully the dreadful heartburn stays away for today :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :flower: Hope it was heartburn-free!

I'm due august 18 with my first, a little boy! I feel big already and just hope that this time goes quickly so I can meet my baby boy! I should be getting my GD test results back tomorrow and am hoping it is fine, just had my baby shower this weekend and would love to share pics of some gifts once mom ships them to our house! We are getting our crib in a few weeks and I am excited about that! How is everyone else??

helloooo everyone!!! :) and welcome to 3rd tri. im 27 weeks today - yay! im waiting for 30 weeks. thats my next milestone i have set so i can start sorting my hospital bag :)

talking of baby showers - how many are having one? any brits? i want one in july when my hours at work go down. not sure yet though and im rubbish at organising things lol

talking of baby showers - how many are having one? any brits? i want one in july when my hours at work go down. not sure yet though and im rubbish at organising things lol

I had a blast at mine. We planned to do it right at the beginning of the third tri bc it was at my parents house and we had to fly there. I think most people wait until 30 weeks or more to do one usually. I am glad to know that I won't need to fly again before Cullen is born, because it is much more taxing now that I have the baby bump, have to use the bathroom a lot and tire easier. But the party was a lot of fun and we got to see many family friends, which was wonderful.

Hope you had a nice 30th Birthday!! :)

Sequeena. That crib set is so cute! I've still got to get mine. Will probably go shopping next week and end up buying a load of boys clothes for him again instead. :haha:

We have most things second hand. Mainly because we still have things that my daughters were in. Also got the Fisherprice Rainforest swing and jumperoo really cheap off ebay and great condition too. :)
Got to pop to the charity shop later today to take all my daughters clothes from newborn. It's been emotional sorting it all out. Can't believe they was both that small once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->