RELACTATING- Gave up BF @3wks, she latched herself on this morning!

Amazing! Well done. Please keep updating this thread. You are an inspiration. X

That's amazing!! Good luck and keep us updated :flower:

You're doing amazing, should be so proud of yourself:thumbup::hugs:

So last night after LO had spent a good 45 mins going from side to side, I felt like shed done a great job, even if she was just suckling the most time, well it's stimulation that will cause the breasts to produce right??
Anyway she spit up quite a lot of the feed. She did this before when I was BFing before. Hubby said "maybe your milks gone bad and you should stop". Needless to say he's lucky to be alive!! I dont believe my milk has "gone bad" but is there any reason for the spit up?!

This is so wonderful! I'm so happy for you!

My LO tends to spit up just before a growth spurt and I read somewhere it's to do with encouraging your supply because she feeds again quite soon after. It might be your LO is stimulating your supply by spitting up so she has to feed again soon x x

My LO tends to spit up just before a growth spurt and I read somewhere it's to do with encouraging your supply because she feeds again quite soon after. It might be your LO is stimulating your supply by spitting up so she has to feed again soon x x

I think I would cry for eternity if that's what it was... This whole thing has me very emotional...

My LO does the same - I didn't realise the reason but that makes sense :thumbup:

The spitting up doesn't seem to bother him and it DEFINITELY hasn't put him off BF :winkwink:

It sounds like you're doing amazingly - hopefully things will get easier and easier for you :flower:

Freya spits up all the time! She went through a phase when I thought it had stopped but it's back!! So don't worry about it, your doing great. Xx

Freya spits up all the time! She went through a phase when I thought it had stopped but it's back!! So don't worry about it, your doing great. Xx

Right I'm getting a total bad reaction to BFing again. As though "why would you do that when she was happy on bottles?" are people really that thick??

So I'm going to stay in the next while. Apart from a doc apt we have tomorrow.

She's been feeding now both sides back and forth for an hour. I seem To have quite a bit more milk today. It's not squirting just yet but when I squeeze it oozes out quite easily..

Baby made a squinchy face when I gave her the bottle earlier and she tasted the milk after having BM.. Ha, it feels good to know mine is naturally sweeter for her. ;)

I'm so glad I held on to the Lanisoh!! My nipples are getting sore all over again!! :( I forgot about this part... It's ok though. This time I know it's only temporary. She's suckling like a new born again. On for an hour or more. I'm still giving her formula after she's done with both breasts. She was takingn5oz, she's down to 4sometimes 3!! As well as replacing an entire feed in the evenings.

My GP said today that it might take a few weeks to build enough of a supply to drop almost all formula... Im excited!!

Good Luck! BFing can be really hard but Oh So Rewarding!

Aw your posts make me smile so much, even cry sometime cause I imagine it's such an amazing feeling to be doing this.
Ignore people comments, you don't need their negativity and actually use their comments to your advantage, you'll prove them all wrong when your supply is up and feedings well on its way. Xxxx

Aw your posts make me smile so much, even cry sometime cause I imagine it's such an amazing feeling to be doing this.
Ignore people comments, you don't need their negativity and actually use their comments to your advantage, you'll prove them all wrong when your supply is up and feedings well on its way. Xxxx

Aw thank you! It is quite incredible. She seems to be getting more used to being back at the breast. Latching can take a few goes as she likes to cover her face with her hands. But we'll get there. I'm
Amazed to hear her swallow become more frequent. It seems to be every 5-7 sucks now rather than every 10-12!!!!
I'm just in awe of how my body is working.

This is just brilliant to read about....so so so happy for you!!!

:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->