RELACTATING- Gave up BF @3wks, she latched herself on this morning!

Yep, she obviously enjoys being there! :flower:

Nice to know I'm not the only one up at this ridiculous hour - baby clamped to boob as I type :haha:

Yep, she obviously enjoys being there! :flower:

Nice to know I'm not the only one up at this ridiculous hour - baby clamped to boob as I type :haha:

Lol thank God for BnB for these hours eh?! My OH is next to me
Snoring his head off. The extra pillows were beginning to look extra appealing... Ha!

I'm feeding too lol. She's getting there isnt she, cleaver little girl. Xxx

I'm feeding too lol. She's getting there isnt she, cleaver little girl. Xxx

She is certainly getting there. She won't take her paci any more. I did only let her have it at night. But she will spit it out and whinge till I let her latch on.. I think it's amazing that even in all her tinyness she's demanding what's best for her.

So I'm on a mission today with fennel tea, oats and buckets of water.

Oh you'll be engorged before you know it lol. Freya won't take her dummy anymore either! Imogen did same. Suppose nothing's better than the real thing for them ha ha. X

Oh you'll be engorged before you know it lol. Freya won't take her dummy anymore either! Imogen did same. Suppose nothing's better than the real thing for them ha ha. X

Haha they'll see me coming with the boobies like Jordan on me... I hope so anyway. She's sleeping now so she'll probably sleep for an hour or two meaning I'll have time to pump. And get a good indication of how much we've increased. I know pumping doesn't show exactly how much milk you have but I'm
Hoping it'll be an increase on the half oz we were getting. :)

Oh what a beautiful thread, you and your Lo seem to be making amazing progress. Can't wait to continue reading and following you on your bf journey x

So I pumped at 11.30 am. To my sheer disappointment, we've still only managed to pump half an oz. I'm hoping that she's getting a lot more than that because she only had 3 formula feeds yesterday. She didn't want it. Also it's that bluish milk, not the good stuff... Yet...

Quite disheartening. Oh well. Well keep at it.

My expressed milk used to have a green tinge to it with imm, not expressed for a while with Freya. What does it mean? I just thought it was normal.

Im sure she would be letting you know about it if she was hungry. Xx

So I pumped at 11.30 am. To my sheer disappointment, we've still only managed to pump half an oz. I'm hoping that she's getting a lot more than that because she only had 3 formula feeds yesterday. She didn't want it. Also it's that bluish milk, not the good stuff... Yet...

Honestly I can't stress enough that pumping IS NOT a reflection of your milk supply! I have absolutely no issues with supply, if anything I have too much milk, and I've given up trying to express bottles now because it takes so long. Baby is so much better at getting milk out than a pump is, trust me there's just no comparison! I can actually get more out by hand than I do with my pump. And there is no good/bad milk - the watery bluish milk is what they need for brain development and energy, and as the feed goes on it just thickens and becomes more fatty/calorie dense to fill them up, which makes it look creamier/whiter. So it's all good stuff :hugs:

My milk always had a bluey tinge even when I could pump 7oz. It's good that she doesn't want formula.some women can exclusively bf but struggle to pump anything out. Don't go by how much your getting out by pumping,go by how content your daughter is

She's still not very content at all. She fusses quite a bit till about 5-7mins. That's how long it's taking to let down... Then she'll be fussing again at the end of the feed... She'll be crying if it's more than 4hours since I FF her... She was nursing every 2hours today except one snooze that lasted 3hours....

Zzzzzzzz

I wouldn't go by how content as breastfed babies are rarely content like formula babies.
I know my son had more go in him as a newborn than all my friends ff babies even at 6 months + old.

I just go by weight gain & nappies, alertness & strength.
if he's full of beans then he's full of milk.

If you're only getting .5 oz of the blueish stuff, it sounds like you're not getting the letdown reflex for your pump. Which is totally normal. Have you tried staring at pictures of your baby while trying to pump? Once I started doing that, I went from .5 oz to 2 oz per boob pretty easily.

I ebf my LO, have for 5 + months and I can't ever pump more than 2 oz total. Many times I've only been able to get 0.5-1 oz total, so don't decide thats all you have, you probably have more. You're doing soooo good, i LOVE this thread!!! :)

I've only just now seen this thread but I want to wish you tons of luck and let you know that it really is possible, I had to give up bf and went a lot longer then you before trying to relactate and although I'm not done yet just today my daughter had 3 out of 4 bottles of breast milk plus nursed 4 times. It really can work!

I've only just now seen this thread but I want to wish you tons of luck and let you know that it really is possible, I had to give up bf and went a lot longer then you before trying to relactate and although I'm not done yet just today my daughter had 3 out of 4 bottles of breast milk plus nursed 4 times. It really can work!

This gives me hope!!!
Please share with me how you did it?

Sonim sitting here in tears! She's been feeding since 9am when hubby left for work. He gave her 4oz of formula this morning @7am . She started on the left, emptied me out, now on the right, and I just touched the left to clip my bra back on and the milk just poured out!! I've never been so happy to see my boobs leak in my life!!! I think we could be finally getting there. :)

Aw I thought you was feeling down for a moment then. Aw that's fantastic news, I'm glad things are getting there quickly. Xxx

This is so lovely. Good luck with everything.
Just want to say, I have never got more than 2ozs when pumping. And the last few times I've pumped I've only got 1oz maximum at a time. Pumping has nothing to do with supply :)
Just let LO suckle as much as possible :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->