Relatching/ increasing milk supply?

randomrach

Reaction score
Hi ladies :hi:

Hoping someone has some experience with this and can help me out.

I started off breastfeeding LO but after 2 weeks off fussing and vomitting we switched to a bottle. Since then we figured out that baby has reflux and he is still sick on a bottle (could be improved with thickened formula/ gaviscon). I would still like to breastfeed and I'm sure once my supply settled down it would probably improve his reflux, I'm just worried that the fussing whilst trying to get him to relatch and the time it takes for milk supply to settle is going to see him losing weight again. Any success stories? Is it worth me trying or likely to upset LOs reflux further? He is only 23 days old so I do still have some milk supply, it's just very little.

Any advise would be great :flower:

You dont have to switch from formula to bm straight away. I would reccommend you start pumping every 2 hours, 20 mins on both side as a start to get your milk supply up. I would try latching lo but top up with either the expressed milk or formula to make sure lo is getting enough. Probably best to do the pumping after each feed to get your milk supply tpo match babies demand. Drink plenty of water and eat lots of oats. If you are struggling you can take fenugreek capsules aswel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->