'Relax'

Beckic

TTC no 1
Reaction score
Hiya

Whilst i know the old adage of 'just relax' is complete bullocks (having been there tried that, gone on the holidays, stopped recording dates etc..) after two and a half years of pretty much the same type of cycle - this month I dont think I have ovulated.

I have only started taking my temps the last couple of months - and last cycle everything did what it was supposed to do and had a temp rise after I had EWCM and ov pains.
However - this month - i had ov pains for 4 days, EWCM for about 6 - but am now on CD21 - all EWCM gone - but no temp rise and for the first time ever my boobs arent sore (they always are from ov to about 7dpo).

SO i am pretty sure that i havnt ovulated.

this month I had my fertility appt. on cd12 - and was soooo super stressed about it. I was pretty much running to the loo every hour on the days running up to it and hardly slept (i am a very big stresser) and I am now concerned that this has made me not ovulate. is the old - stress stops you form ovulating thing correct AND if that is true - am i not going to be completely stressed next month worrying that my stress is going to stop me from ovulating hence will not ovulate!!!!!

Agghhhh - wish i had never started temping now.

I just dont know how to relax - i am one of those people who worry about the slightest thing - i do yoga and excercise which does calm me down - but unless i spend my life on a treadmill at some point i am going to go round the bend.:hissy::hissy:

Am i just having a crazy month??

Bx x

Relaxing is definitely easier said than done! When you are stressed maybe try listening to a relaxation CD every evening and burning some lavender scented candles. I'm not saying its gonna make a difference to whether you O or not but it might lower your blood pressure ;):rofl:

People who have mad, irregular cycles cannot just 'relax' I think. If you have a 50 day cycle then how can you 'just relax' when you don't know when you are going to ovulate? You have to take measures to give yourself better odds. We are worse off than those who have regular 28 day cycles because they know when they are going to ovulate.

What if there is 3 weeks difference between the shortest and longest cycles? If we were so relaxed we might miss the window and have to wait another 2 months for another chance...

Relax is a silly word. We don't have that luxury, unfortunately.

If I had a £ for every time I was told to relax, I would be a bloody millionaire and living in Australia:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm with CurlySue on this one. It must be very difficult to relax when you don't know how long your cycle is going to be, when you will ovulate (if at all), and when to start POAS - either for O or for PG.

For me, I am more fortunate - my cycle is between 24 & 27 days long and I know that without fail I will ovulate between CD8 & CD12 - why it's taken 4 years and still no sniff of a :bfp: I don't know. But that for me is my frustration.

What I would like to say is that, if you had fertility tests this month, then they MAY have interfered with your normal cycle. I had an HSG test in January on CD9 - that is the only month I have found that I didn't detect ovulation. Whether I was about to ovulate and the dye 'flushed it away', or whether it was the stress I put myself under in the run up to the test, I don't quite know. But that may provide a possible solution to why you haven't detected ovulation this month.

I hope some of that makes sense at least - why I got up at 6.30am on a Sunday I don't quite know.

:hug:

i often wonder if stress is the cuase of my problems as i have a very stressful job, im really trying to make sure i relax, try and take a lunch break and exercise after work but all that is easier said than done really, im trying though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->