Repeat Positive OPKs - Nothing on Ultrasound! HELP :(

dionnew9

Reaction score
I have the most confusing situation ever, so please bear with me and try to help me sort this out!

CD 9ish I become outrageously horny. Afternoon delight horny.
CD10, this continues and I get a blast of EWCM that evening
CD12-13 I get pelvic pains I interpret as Mittelsmerchz
CD14, I end up getting an transvaginal ultrasound unexpectedly for what turns out to be a bowel issue; it turns up nada – no cysts, nothing.

So it sounds like I ovulated and by the time I had the US, everything was all gone, right? Wrong: I OPK’d Sunday night out of curiosity and got a positive. Then another Monday. Then another. I tested again this AM just to figure out what in all hell is happening: You guessed it – POSITIVE!!!
I’ve tried to run this through my head several times and all of the scenarios I come to make no sense:
- If I did ovulate, why would I still be testing positive long AFTER the fact?
- If I did NOT ovulate, which they say happens in PCOS and can keep LH levels high, why no cyst on US? could I have just not produced a follicle at all this cycle – even one to create a cyst? That seems really unlikely – especially since I had a normal endo stripe and I recall that the follicles actually help trigger the LH, which is coming up positive.

I really need some help on this one – no matter how I nosh this, it makes no sense. The only thing I can conclude at this point: bum test pack. I’m using First Response.

HELP!!!

I should add, I also tried with a different brand and bingo - negative. Same day.

It could be that you have not ovulated and from what I've read you don't have to have cysts to have PCOS...I have gotten positive OPKs throughout my cycle (which turned out that I wasn't ovulating... But my body kept gearing up to do it). I would get EWCM too at different times. So many this is what you are experiencing. It happens sometimes and it is normal. As long as it doesn't happen every month I would not stress out about it

Could you already be pregnant?

Women often get what they interpret as periods when indeed they are pregnant. Pregnancy hormones can definitely increase drive, cm and can turn hpk's positive. The pelvic pain could be attributed to implantation.

Might be worth taking a test?

Were you missing periods?

Also, the negative one is extra confusing lol I too have read you don't have to have cysts with pcos - but I thought when you were about to ov, you automatically had a cyst?

Could you already be pregnant?

Women often get what they interpret as periods when indeed they are pregnant. Pregnancy hormones can definitely increase drive, cm and can turn hpk's positive. The pelvic pain could be attributed to implantation.

Might be worth taking a test?

Alas, negative pregnancy test! The negative OPK (new brand) was within a few hours of the last positive.

I'm going to be honest, this all has me very depressed. PG or not, if I miss a cycle, I know I'm going to have an anxiety attack. Which sounds like it's already happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->