Replying in threads

AngelUK

Mummy of twin boys
Reaction score
Since yesterday evening the reply/post box in threads I am viewing only appears for me if I click on "more options". And while I write my reply I cannot see the other/older messages in the thread like I used to. Is this normal now? I really hope not!

ETA: I am on my Mac

I'm noticing this too I click on post reply and it takes me to the main page of the forum. I click back and the post reply box appears?

Also I have a notification but if I click in it it just takes me to the main forum page

Ok nevermind the notifications works when it feels like

I am still having the same problem and it is really annoying. I follow several journals and when I type a reply I like to read the post over while doing so but I cannot see the posts anymore. I still have to press the "more options" link to be able to post at all and when I do I cannot see any of the previous posts. Please could someone tell me what is going on?

I'm having the same issue and now cannot bring up my notifications at all.

I cannot reply on some threads anymore, the box to type doesnt show up sometimes

It's been nearly a week since this thread was started is there no one around to help? This is really affecting my enjoyment and use of the forum.

I have the quick reply box at the bottom of threads, but yep... the thread preview is gone if I hit "More options" to reply, like I used to.

It's been nearly a week since this thread was started is there no one around to help? This is really affecting my enjoyment and use of the forum.
@sequeena I thought the same thing.

I'm confused.... the reply box at the bottom of the thread isn't there? Could you screenshot what it is you do see?

x

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 09.30.16.png Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 09.30.31.png
Wobbles here are some screenshot of the bottom of a thread. I hope they make sense. This is Bev's parenting journal and I already had replied to her thread but this would happen even if I had not already replied (and not just in her thread. But I hope Bev doesn't mind my using her thread as an example): If I want to post, there is no box in which to type my answer. I would have to press "more options" but if I press more options, I cannot see the thread anymore which is super annoying for answering.
Btw the reply box not being there does not happen in every thread but most of them, which makes it even weirder.

Last edited:
The main issue I'm having is that when I click my notifications button it doesn't bring up the notifications side bar it just takes me to the main part of the forum

Also my problem with the reply button is a bit different. Most of the time when I click post reply it takes me to an error page

I'm using a Samsung s8+ with the Samsung internet

20181026_194420.jpg Screenshot_20181026-194452_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sequeena yeah I get that error message too when I press "post reply" when there is no box to type in. I have to press "more options" instead and then a reply box will open but I cannot see the thread. Super annoying.

ETA oh when I press my notifications it takes me to the main part of the forum too and only then when I click on my alerts again does the side bar open up. This new forum format really is very muddled still!

I don't even get a reply box majority of the time, even with 'more options.
Works great on laptop but it's not very mobile friendly.

APeU3Fz.jpg

Try closing the browser and clearing cache/cookies <3

Try using the basic editor if you're not seeing a text input box. Click on your name on the top right and go to preferences. Uncheck the use rich text editor box. You can also select it "on the fly" by clicking the wrench icon on the top right of the editor box. But that assumes the editor isn't missing.

upload_2018-10-31_16-14-43.png

I tried clearing cookies. It hasn't helped and I still can't access my notifications.

Try using the basic editor if you're not seeing a text input box. Click on your name on the top right and go to preferences. Uncheck the use rich text editor box. You can also select it "on the fly" by clicking the wrench icon on the top right of the editor box. But that assumes the editor isn't missing.

View attachment 1046614

Has anyone tried this?

I just did and I do see the reply box now. Thanks for the tip! Hopefully it will continue to show up cause it did sometimes and sometimes not.

I do still have the same problem with notifications.

On the whole this new format is definitely not as easy and intuitive as the old one. Ah well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->