Research "Supplement CoQ10 could be key to pregnancy for older women"

Because melatonin acts on the pituitary gland which also is the trigger for the FSH/LH, it can definitely affect ovulation- but not in everyone...

hi ladies. My question is how to get DH to stay on his meds. haha. I have to remind him everyday, on top of trying to remember what I have to take that day depending on what cycle day it is. Geez.

I started and stopped taking Royal Jelly because it tasted awful and it was expensive to keep up. =( I haven't tried any COQ10, but I did start the EPO and Flaxseed Oil regiment. The EPO might have screwed up my cycle, though.:wacko:

Yes on stopping Royal Jelly from O to AF.
Evening Primrose Oil=from AF to O
Flaxseed Oil=from O to AF
Maca=can take anytime throughout cycle, but suggested break during AF

Right? I hope so. It gets so confusing when you start to add more and more 'wonder' supplements. :winkwink:

:dust:

As to getting OH to take his!!!! I have to force them down his throat like I do with the cat when he is ill...well nearly. But as time rolls on and no baby he is getting a little bit more cooperative. Buy a box of chocolates and attach them to the lid, say no chocy without taking vits first ??

I bought one of those medication dividers with the days of the week listed on the lids of each little compartment (like they make for old people ;) ) and put all of DH's meds in for the week, so he just knows to open the right day and take everything in there. I set my stuff up the same way so that I don't have to open a zillion bottles every morning. They make ones that divide things for morning and evening everyday as well.

As to getting OH to take his!!!! I have to force them down his throat like I do with the cat when he is ill...well nearly. But as time rolls on and no baby he is getting a little bit more cooperative. Buy a box of chocolates and attach them to the lid, say no chocy without taking vits first ??

That's a great idea! But with my DH it'd have to be candy or oreos. :haha:

i like the idea that the OP is pregnant after taking this for a bit...will have to have a look at it...thanks for the tip xx

I'm sooooooo confused. I'm starting to rattle with all of the supplements I'm taking.

Do any of you think that I'm taking something that counteracts something else?

Flaxseed Oil capsules
EPO (until OV)
FertileCM: 3 Capsules per day in divided doses with food
Pregnacare Mum to be: One capsule per day with food
Vitamin B6 - 1 table per day
Aloe Vera Juice - 1 small cap full per day
Cranberry Juice High Strength supplement

Intrigued now as to whether I should be taking Q10 now. Have also thought about getting some Maca as well.

????? lol xx

I'm sooooooo confused. I'm starting to rattle with all of the supplements I'm taking.

Do any of you think that I'm taking something that counteracts something else?

Flaxseed Oil capsules
EPO (until OV)
FertileCM: 3 Capsules per day in divided doses with food
Pregnacare Mum to be: One capsule per day with food
Vitamin B6 - 1 table per day
Aloe Vera Juice - 1 small cap full per day
Cranberry Juice High Strength supplement

Intrigued now as to whether I should be taking Q10 now. Have also thought about getting some Maca as well.

????? lol xx
I would drop Flaxseed/EPO b/c that's a lot of Omega-3 and fatty acid. They can really throw the Ov off. If you're still concerned about CM (you're taking great stuff for it though already) - do Robitussin once you become fertile and use Pre-seed lubricant. The other thing you can do is use OPK's and BBT using www.fertilityfriend.com so your timing is as good as possible.

I think the CoQ10 daily- based on how many people are posting :bfp: after using it for several months is- a must for most TTC lists who've tried for 3+ months with good timing.

G'luck!

I would drop Flaxseed/EPO b/c that's a lot of Omega-3 and fatty acid. They can really throw the Ov off. If you're still concerned about CM (you're taking great stuff for it though already) - do Robitussin once you become fertile and use Pre-seed lubricant. The other thing you can do is use OPK's and BBT using www.fertilityfriend.com so your timing is as good as possible.

I think the CoQ10 daily- based on how many people are posting :bfp: after using it for several months is- a must for most TTC lists who've tried for 3+ months with good timing.

G'luck![/QUOTE]

Ahhhh Thanks very much. That is a big help. You know how you read so much conflicting advice on the net? I thought about stopping the Flaxseed and EPO anyway so you've just double confirmed it for me O:)

Hope you're ok? xx

Yeppers, I'm doing fine. I'm in my 2WW now. :)

just a question with regards to the Coq10, how much and for how long, ie do you only do it in FP or do you do it in LP as well etc etc etc

Going to get some today.

I tried Maca but it did not agree with me, tried it twice in case the first time was unrelated but it gives me a really bad upset stomach and bad bad explosive diarrhea I even tried going up in dose slowly slowly but nup, so not good for me!! Farts that aren't farts if you know what I mean!!

I have been pregnant 4 times in the last 18 months the lomgest 12w1d and the most recent 4w5d all other tests are good except low AMH so it's my eggs I need to work on and hoping coq10 may be the answer

I'm thinking about doing this as well... it is friggin expensive though! Will have to hunt around for the best price.

My list of supplements is also getting quite large....

But I think, WTH, good eggs has got to be a good thing :thumbup:

I'm thinking about doing this as well... it is friggin expensive though! Will have to hunt around for the best price.

My list of supplements is also getting quite large....

But I think, WTH, good eggs has got to be a good thing :thumbup:

just a question with regards to the Coq10, how much and for how long, ie do you only do it in FP or do you do it in LP as well etc etc etc

Going to get some today.

I tried Maca but it did not agree with me, tried it twice in case the first time was unrelated but it gives me a really bad upset stomach and bad bad explosive diarrhea I even tried going up in dose slowly slowly but nup, so not good for me!! Farts that aren't farts if you know what I mean!!

I have been pregnant 4 times in the last 18 months the lomgest 12w1d and the most recent 4w5d all other tests are good except low AMH so it's my eggs I need to work on and hoping coq10 may be the answer

Minimum reported success story- dose 60mg, Highest reported dose with success story- 150mg. Both had :bfp: after 3 months. Since 100mg is a common dosage, I'd start there. Happy Shopping.

Minimum reported success story- dose 60mg, Highest reported dose with success story- 150mg. Both had :bfp: after 3 months. Since 100mg is a common dosage, I'd start there. Happy Shopping.

and do you take that daily for the whole of your cycle or just up to O etc etc

thanks

thanks

thats what i'd like to know too and does one keep taking CoQ10 when pregnant, given that its supposed to be really good as a general supplement too?

ordered some 100mg from healthspan because I wanted vegetable capsules..can't wait to get started.

the 3 month rule appears to be unescapable - an Ayurvedic practitioner, a Chinese traditional practitioner and a Mayan massage therapist have all told me that 3 months is what it would take to correct imbalances, get the uterus back into place and build up the reproductive system...grrr if only i knew this a long time ago or started sooner :dohh

anyway, good luck all....hang in there starsign, may your 2ww be a positive one!

thanks

thats what i'd like to know too and does one keep taking CoQ10 when pregnant, given that its supposed to be really good as a general supplement too?

I've not read anything that says to stop at ov, so as far as I know you can take it all cycle. Zita West's pre-conception 'boost' supplements contain CoQ10, and I've just checked her website and it doesn't say anything about needing to stop at ov.

However, from what I've read, the standard advice I've seen is to stop taking it during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I think there hasn't been enough research done on its effects on a developing baby for the experts to say it's safe during that time.

I recently got Doctor's Best veggie tablets from Amazon, bargain compared to what i was paying before.

Melatonin has never inhibited my ovulation...:shrug:

This is the COQ10 I took. I will be ordering more...I pour it into my morning protein smoothie.

https://www.amazon.com/Qunol-Absorption-Natural-Liquid-60-Servings/dp/B001TOTSIQ

Mine arrived today. It tastes nothing like orange-pineapple, but it's bearable.

If my head explodes or I grow another finger, I'll blame you. :D

What dosage are you guys going to take? I see what SS said above re 60-150mg... but then Cypress also mentioned studies talking about 200-800mg, which is quite a bit more. The ones I ordered come in 200mg caps anyway so I guess I'll just do that for starters :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->