Research "Supplement CoQ10 could be key to pregnancy for older women"

I'm trying coq again as couldn't tolerate it before.

Even at a measly 30mg I'm getting diarrhoea :(

Any suggestions on how to improve tolerance? X

I was fine on it took 400-600 of Ubiquinol (Jarrow) very $$, but worth it. Just Got my BFP at age 43.7 yrs. after 18 mos TTC. I'll be posting my tips on the over 35 board soon.

Unfortunately my husband couldn't tolerate CoQ10 even at low dose 30 mg either, got same as you- diarrhea....I made him try several times. but he had to stop, (or there was no BD action!!) It is supposed to be good for sperm as well, but apparently he didn't need it.
How long were you taking the ubiquinol? Congrats on your bfp:flower:

Hi Ladies,

Congratulations on all your BFP's :)

I had never head of CoQ10 before this. Does anyone know if it is of benefit to men with low or zero sperm count also?

Yes, it does! DH's Wellman conception vits have a bit of q10 but I think more is needed ideally!

Shelvz, I give my hubby 100 a day of coq10 to help with his low sperm count. we have not repeated the test yet so I do not know whether thishas made any difference. Although he has been on a lot of other vitamins as well

Gingersnaps: I was on it the last 13 mos of my 18 mos TTC. Egg cycle is actually MUCH longer than 3 mos. From randine Lewis article on AMA and Egg quality:

...."Contrary to popular reproductive belief, follicular growth from the
resting state until ovulation takes up to 100 days, or more than three
menstrual cycles. Follicles are selected from the primordial pool of menstrual cycles. Follicles are selected from the primordial pool of
resting follicles almost a year before ovulation, and are recruited to
become active. During the initial pre-gonadotropin period the follicle
responds to regulatory factors within the ovary itself, which are like
hormones. These growth factors are like hormonal precursors. One
important ovarian growth factor, insulin-like growth factor, is the
precursor to the youth hormone which is secreted by the thymus
gland called growth hormone. Others have names like insulin-like
growth factor binding protein, interlukin, tumor necrosis factor,
inhibin, vascular endothelial growth factor, and activin. These ovarian
growth factors help determine the eventual fertility potential of the
oocyte (egg).
During this period which lasts for many months, the healthy,
responsive follicle determines its own fate with these regulatory
proteins. The (0.03mm) follicle is first chosen from the primordial pool
to double in size (to about 0.06 mm) and become a primary follicle,
about 150 days prior to ovulation. It reaches its secondary phase
approximately 120 days before ovulation, when it again doubles in
size. The follicle then cycles through the pre-antral and early antral
phase and grows from about 0.12 mm to about 1.0 mm in
approximately 65 days. It has quadrupled in size during this time, and
has gone through many stages of proliferation.
It is only during the last two to three weeks of its cycle through the
ovary that the follicle becomes dominant and responsive to FSH.
During the selection phase, which lasts approximately ten days, it
more than doubles in size as it differentiates further? The follicle itself
acts as its own gland by autocrine and paracrine mechanisms to
make itself responsive to FSH. Now the follicle grows to twice its
previous size again, surfaces and becomes the estrogen-producing
follicle which then makes itself receptive to luteinizing hormone by
expressing a receptor at the preovulatory phase. It fulfills its major
purpose as it releases its egg, whose chromosomes are beginning to
rearrange, for a chance to become fertilized. The follicle then
finalizes its life cycle by becoming its own endocrine gland called the
corpus luteum, which secretes progesterone to maintain a
pregnancy. Imagine the potential energy required for these great
follicular achievements! This is not an undertaking for the frail!"

PS have to remember too that supposedly only one out of every 10 eggs is good over 40, so thats 10 months TTC, so have to use the CoQ10 to help the whole process along from beginning to end, primordial follicle recruitment to O, almost a year, ugh! Women under 40 with greater quantity of decent eggs may get results sooner

that was depressing. I wish I hadn't read that. I really feel hopeless now :(

That is depressing! I wish I havent' read it either. I'm just going to look at it like everything else. You read one thing one place and one thing another place.

Ladies, try not to despair! I think those things are different for each person, and are also related to lifestyle, diet, genes, etc. (luck), and aren't depended only on age. Our biological age doesn't have to be the same as the chronological one (I hope).

Hi all - I miscarried last week so I am back on 600mg of CoQ10....

moondust so sorry to hear about your loss :( I know there's probably not much anyone can say to make you feel better but I just want to say I'm sending you good feelings and lots of :dust: for your next month.

Moondust I'm so sorry honey. As Firebaby said there is nothing that can be said to make you feel better. I pray you find your rainbow baby soon. :hugs:

I'm so sorry Moondust. I think you are supposed to be more fertile though for your upcoming cycle(s) due to the hormonal shifts that started taking place, I'll be keeping fingers crossed for you.

I'm petrified myself. got my BFP same weekend you did (10/6) and am having some very mild cramps, tiny bit of brown spotting, saw HB (119) on US last Friday, baby was 6wks, 3 days, but I had horrible dream last night I MC. We did have the hurricane of the century here in NY though last night so maybe all the wind freaked me out, had to board up my bedroom window, slept w/DD in her bunk....

What if any were your signs of impending MC?

So sorry Moondust! :hugs:

Notrustyet- don't worry about the spotting. I had some cramping and spotting in my last pregnancy, it completely freaked me out, but it was just implantation and things snuggling in. Good luck to you. I hope this is your sticky bean, can you go in for a reassurance scan? Worrying is the worst!!! :hugs:

Sorry for your loss Moondust. Take time to heal yourself inwardly and give yourself the space to do so :hugs:

Nottrusty... spotting is a nervewrecking business but brown spotting is said to be quite normal through the early stages. Also as long the spotting doesn't rapidly increase and is just on&off it's ok. Best wishes, hoping your little bean continues to grow strong!

Thank you so much everyone. I really appreciate it.

Notrustyyet - please don't worry that just because we got BFP's the same weekend and you're spotting that that means anything bad. Small amounts of spotting is supposed to be totally normal. I did have mild cramps (also very normal) the entire time I was pregnant. The only spotting I had was on the day I miscarried. It started out brown, but then increased signficantly that night and turned bright red, at which point I knew something was wrong. I know you'll still worry, but if you've seen the heartbeat, chances are very good that everything will be just fine!! Hope you're doing well and best wishes for a H&H 9 months!

ok ladies, I finally mustered up the energy to post a new thread with my supplements/ what I did differently to get my BFP :thumbup:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...fp-dhea-coq10-vitex-black-cohosh-low-amh.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->