Research "Supplement CoQ10 could be key to pregnancy for older women"

Melatonin has never inhibited my ovulation...:shrug:

This is the COQ10 I took. I will be ordering more...I pour it into my morning protein smoothie.

https://www.amazon.com/Qunol-Absorption-Natural-Liquid-60-Servings/dp/B001TOTSIQ

Mine arrived today. It tastes nothing like orange-pineapple, but it's bearable.

If my head explodes or I grow another finger, I'll blame you. :D

:haha::haha::haha:

You take it straight up? :wacko:

What dosage are you guys going to take? I see what SS said above re 60-150mg... but then Cypress also mentioned studies talking about 200-800mg, which is quite a bit more. The ones I ordered come in 200mg caps anyway so I guess I'll just do that for starters :thumbup:

I took 200.

For the ladies that live in the UK, does Holland & Barrett sell it? Is there any other shops I could try?

I need all the help I can get! I'm 37, ttc #2, AMH is 4.62 & my FSH is 12.3.

Fx for everyone!:hugs:

yes it's available in Holland & Barrett but probably cheaper buying a reliable brand online....also, do check the ingredient list carefully to make sure it doesn't contain anything you wouldn't want to be consuming. unfortunately, many supplements contain bulking agents and other not-so-great stuff.

the OP of this thread mentioned that she used "doctors best" brand which can be ordered at a good price from amazon.

My mum just gave me an effervescent one she bought at boots. She bought it for herself but can´t remember why, she thinks it may have been for dementia, clearly it didn´t work!

oh wow, Ive been taking 400mg a little over a week now.. should I lower the dose?

edit: congrats on your :bfp: cypress :hugs:

thx Indigo! and I should definitely stop once I get my :bfp: right? thx!!!!!

thx Indigo! and I should definitely stop once I get my :bfp: right? thx!!!!!

Per many sites- CoQ10 is helpful in pregnancy especially for those prone to preclampsia, but def cut any omega-3's, 6's, etc. I wouldn't keep at 400mg though. 200mg sounds greet
https://preque10.com/coenzyme_q10.php
https://ruthbutters.articlesbase.com/womens-health-articles/coq10-benefits-for-women-1001573.html

Cypress said in the OP to stop after :bfp:
so it's okay to stay at 400mg while TTC? can I take more if I want?

Personally, I wouldn't do more than that. Really 100mg-200mg is all the help needed for eggs. Yeah as far as stopping after :bfp:, at the right dose, I'm not finding what the detriment would be. I used to take it for a while for general health- however my max dose was a measly 50mg:haha::haha: because my system is a wuss. However, I felt great on it.

Do you mean go down to 200 after a BFP?
Yup. I'm glad to see you're giving this a go. :)

I took it early this year for 4 months. I ran out and never bought any more.
Ah. Well, welcome back on then. :)

Personally, I wouldn't do more than that. Really 100mg-200mg is all the help needed for eggs. Yeah as far as stopping after :bfp:, at the right dose, I'm not finding what the detriment would be. I used to take it for a while for general health- however my max dose was a measly 50mg:haha::haha: because my system is a wuss. However, I felt great on it.

I was considering lowering the dose to 100mg cuz these things are so expensive :nope: ah, I'll see what happens after this cycle.. :thumbup:

Supplements to Improve Egg Quality

https://pullingdownthemoon.com/blog/2011/06/05/supplements-to-improve-egg-quality/

I took coq10. It was recommended by my FS. He also said it was fine to keep taking it after BFP. I took it up to week 10, then decided to start on aspirin as it got closer to my 'risky' time. You cant take coq10 and aspirin, or any blood thinners at the same time. Coq10 stops the blood thinners from working.

Just thought I'd add my own little bit of knowledge.

Interesting comment in another thread. Thought I'd add this to the mix. So CoQ10 + blood thinner (like baby aspirin, etc.) are a NO-NO because the CoQ10 renders it ineffective. However, an FS definitely endorse CoQ10 after a :bfp:

I took Co10 and Omega 3's. I only took 100mg for 3 months before concieving. I just used a coupon that I got in the Sunday newspaper. I used Sundown products...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->