Research "Supplement CoQ10 could be key to pregnancy for older women"

Is it safe to take CoQ10 while breast-feeding?

What have you all heard about this?

EDIT: I am also taking B12 complex, 50 mg daily.

I'm taking a low dose (100 mg Ubiquinol) while breastfeeding a bit... around 5 times a week, currently. I thought we had weaned completely when I started taking it, then DH deployed to London for the Olympics, DS got really clingy and started asking for milk again. :wacko: Will try to wean again once DH is home in September.

I couldn't find much info tbh, I don't think it's been tested extensively. If its ok to take while pregnant, it would seem reasonable to take it while BFing, but that's me guessing... I think the official advice is often to steer clear, but only because it hasn't been tested thoroughly. I think I would be nervous to take it if DS was younger and BFing more regularly.
I agree with you. From what I've read it behaves a little like Vit C & E, a strong antioxident that we don't seem to get enough of in our diets. It prevents cancer, prevents abnormalities & defects, it rejuvenates old eggs (and repairs cellular structures), it supports endocrine & adrenal hormonal balances...it's not been shown to have health benefits during pregnancy . There's nothing to be scared of. If with aging we stop producing it...then I'm all for supplementing it for my body & babies as I age.
But is it safe to take CoQ10 while breast-feeding? Will the breast milk be safe for a breastfeeding child while the mother is taking CoQ10?

If you're the slightest bit worried, I would avoid it. Here's some light reading...
https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/coenzyme-q10/NS_patient-coenzymeq10/DSECTION=safety

I'm trying coq again as couldn't tolerate it before.

Even at a measly 30mg I'm getting diarrhoea :(

Any suggestions on how to improve tolerance? X

It's oil based so you should take it after a meal, otherwise it'll slip right through you!

It's oil based so you should take it after a meal, otherwise it'll slip right through you!

I have been, every single time I take it halfway through my dinner. I'm wanting to up the dose but scared in case it gets worse lol x

Hmm, I actually take mine in the am hours before breaky and before bed hours after dinner with no problems. You sure it's not something you're eating? I also eat loads of fibre, like veggies 65% of my plate every meal. I think a high fibre diet helps with good poops too:dohh:

Yep I'm sure its the coq10 as it's the only thing that's changed since my poops changed lol.

I'll persevere, I gave up before, but I really want my body to tolerate it as I've heard it's good for eggs & over all general health.

Vit E is also a strong antioxident, if CoQ10 doesn't work for you this can also prevent cancer and rejeuvenate aging cells (like eggs).

Hey ladies,
I've read on here for months now and decided to post. I took CoQ10 for about 2 and 1/2 months. I took it along with chinese herbs and stopped because my Ovulation kept pushing back more and more. I didn't know if it was chinese herbs or CoQ10 so I stopped both of them. I started back this month so I'm praying to get good news. I have DH taking it too. I took BCP this last month to try to get ovulation and hormones back under control. So I guess we'll see. I get so encouraged when I read the success stories. I hope I get to post a success story.

Thanks for reading!

This is my first post - I decided to join BnB just because of this thread!! I have read all 83 pages. I started taking 200mg/day of CoQ10 (brand: NatureMade) on Tuesday! I might up my dosage to 400mg next week and see how I tolerate it. I'm giving my husband one too, so he's also taking 200mg per day. I'm 37 and last month was our 3rd cycle TTC. We've decided to skip trying this cycle but will start again next month. CONGRATS on all of the BFP's!!!

I'm trying coq again as couldn't tolerate it before.

Even at a measly 30mg I'm getting diarrhoea :(

Any suggestions on how to improve tolerance? X

Just_married if you read back you see you're not alone :haha: A few ladies had the runs too. Are you taking it at the same time as other supplements? Maybe try it by itself and at different times - if taking it in the morning with breakfast still gives you the runs have it at night with a meal. Otherwise persevere as it may be your body getting used to it. If not the other options are Vit C & E - both antioxidants.

Thanks peacebaby, funny you should say that as I told dh last night that I'm going to take coq during lunch as I think taking it too close to pregnacare conception is making them react with each other. I will try it at different times to see if it eases off.

I appreciate your advice x

Hi ladies

Just wondering if any of you have any recs for online sources of ubiquinol (not ubiquinone)? I have just started 50mg of ubiquinol from Boots but it costs an absolute fortune and I don't think I can keep up the habit at this rate! I prefer the ubiquinol form of CoQ10 because I'm 39 and apparently uptake of CoQ10 reduces significantly with age...

Hi ladies

Just wondering if any of you have any recs for online sources of ubiquinol (not ubiquinone)? I have just started 50mg of ubiquinol from Boots but it costs an absolute fortune and I don't think I can keep up the habit at this rate! I prefer the ubiquinol form of CoQ10 because I'm 39 and apparently uptake of CoQ10 reduces significantly with age...

Hi there

I also recently spent a fortune on coq10 in boots. I did not buy ubiquinol cos it was even more expensive. ladies here recommend Naturesbest. I checked the prices and it seems much cheaper so once I run out I am going to buy it here https://www.naturesbest.co.uk/co-q10-c15g2/?src=gonato

ladies do you know if men with super low sperm count can take coq10?

Hortensia I get it at Costco LOL
https://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11630572

It's an antioxidant vitamin, it would be great if men took it. Better sperm (although folic acid has been linked to healthy sperm-been proven one of the most effective vits for men to take)if coq10 doesn't help the sperm he'll still be preventing cancer!

Hi Briss,
Yes it does help with sperm. I have a friend that her husband had really bad sperm. The FS told him to take CoQ10 and she got pregnant had a miscarriage and now is pregnant again. All within 3 months time.

I have my DH on it now even though he doesn't have sperm problems. I figured why not. I'm taking so he might as well. We're doing the liquid.

Hi Moondust
Nice to meet you. First post on BnB..you'll get hooked. The journals are also a good support group. I just ventured out over here but normally stay tucked in the journals of my friends. Have fun!

here_we_r Thank you! I haven't looked at the journals yet... thanks for the tip!!

Hey all, Just wanted to report that I took 400mg of CoQ10 yesterday and so far, so good! No side effects yet, so I'll stick with that dose for the next 2 months at least. This the start of my 2nd week on the CoQ... I'm hoping it makes a difference (in 3 months...). :D Hope to hear about more BFP's from ladies here soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->