Research "Supplement CoQ10 could be key to pregnancy for older women"

Congrats girl! Keep it up. I hope you have good news in 3 months or less :haha: as well.

Hi everyone, :happydance:

I'm exacyly 43.7 years young, and I'm so excited to be finally posting (though I wonder if I should be on an over 40 TTC site 'cause I have TONS of tips/supplement advice/what I did differently etc. to share??? I have been trying for a second child for about 1 1/2 years. Just got my BFP 3 days ago, at 12 DPO using FRER and got an instant line almost as dark as control. took 2 more tests w/in a few hours and a digital and it said Pregnant +. digital tests aren't as sensitive. so good HcG!

Going to OB in 2 days to get RX for Prog suppositories to replace the very concentrated Natpro Prog. cream and Progon B caps I have been taking for low progesterone. My OB refused last summer to give me progesterone despite my premenstrual spotting/shorted luteal phases. Prior to TTC at age 42, periods shortened from clockwork 28/29 day cycles to 24-26 day cycles and lighter bleeding/less days. My OB said it's bunk, progesterone won't help me, but IF I somehow miraculously got a BFP at my AMA, she would then give me progesterone suppositories to ease my mind.....

Praying I again defy the odds and don't miscarry.

Me 43.7 years DOR, (AMH close to zero, 0.16 ng/mL) but FSH good, 5.04
DH 53
DD 12
Chemical Pregnancy 2/2012

I'm exacyly 43.7 years young, and I'm so excited to be finally posting (though I wonder if I should be on an over 40 TTC site 'cause I have TONS of tips/supplement advice/what I did differently etc. to share??? I have been trying for a second child for about 1 1/2 years. Just got my BFP 3 days ago, at 12 DPO using FRER and got an instant line almost as dark as control. took 2 more tests w/in a few hours and a digital and it said Pregnant +. digital tests aren't as sensitive. so good HcG!

Going to OB in 2 days to get RX for Prog suppositories to replace the very concentrated Natpro Prog. cream and Progon B caps I have been taking for low progesterone. My OB refused last summer to give me progesterone despite my premenstrual spotting/shorted luteal phases. Prior to TTC at age 42, periods shortened from clockwork 28/29 day cycles to 24-26 day cycles and lighter bleeding/less days. My OB said it's bunk, progesterone won't help me, but IF I somehow miraculously got a BFP at my AMA, she would then give me progesterone suppositories to ease my mind.....

Me 43.7 years DOR, (AMH close to zero, .016) but FSH good, 5.04
DH 53
DD 12
That is wonderful! Congrats and do keep us posted :thumbup:

Notrustyyet, congratulations:happydance: It is wonderful news and well done to you for being proactive. I highly recommend you push for the progesterone because it can make such a huge difference. Thanks for sharing your news, I'm sure it will inspire many ladies! Wishing you everything of the best for a smooth pregnancy:flower:

Also you could make a thread about other supplements you recommend:thumbup:

Hi
Very interesting read! I too rattle as I walk and have purchased a mon-sun tablet box but all tablets now won't fit in! :;)
What do you think about the amount I'm taking?
Epo - 2 x 1000mg daily (af-ov)
Flaxseed 2 x 500mg daily (ov- af)
500mg folic acid ( I hv mild spina bifida and was rec to do so)
2 x b6
Pregnacare tablet 1 daily
Just bought omega 3 too!!!
Do u need Q10 too????

OD or not?? Hope to aid BFP! Af here me thinks but smiling cause I can start CBFM again tomorrow and in 6 days start poas again yippie!!

Laughing cause in text predict folic acid came up with frolic!!! How true

:dust to you all x

Congratulations!!!! What did you do differently? Please share. I'm so happy for you. :hugs:

Give me some of that baby dust too girl.

Classychick, your list looks great but if you are over 35 I would definitely add coq10 (at least 100 a day). with Flaxseed and omega I think it's either one or the other you do not need both (they do the same thing)

Notrustyyet - congrats!!!!

Classychick - I've heard great things about pregnacare. Inositol + folic acid is supposed to be wonderful!! If you add CoQ10, it's thought to help with egg quality. Good luck and baby dust!!!

AFM - I have been taking CoQ10 for 2 months now and just got a BFP this weekend!! I do believe the CoQ10 helped!! This thread is the reason I joined BnB.

Moondust!!! Congratulations...Why didn't you tell me? I"m going to spank you after you have the baby :lol: Ok...now you defo have made me more diligent in taking it. Congratulations Love!!!!

:dance:

ok, sorry if this is a dumb Q, but how do I make a new thread? Have suggestions for key words in title?

Me 43.7 years DOR, (AMH close to zero, 0.16 ng/mL) but FSH good, 5.04
DH 53
DD 12

PEACEBABY How do I make new thread, suggestions for title key words? I have lots to share and supp dosages blood levels of DHEA etc had mine tested right at O/conception so while I don't know what they were before DHEA 5 months ago and I built up slowly, never getting to 75 mg, (side effects), I know what it took to get Preggers!!

you can add it to "the BFP sticky" or create your own thread in BFP announcements and call it something like "BFP after DHEA/COQ10". I also like your original heading "43 years old just got Natural BFP with DHEA CoQ10". It would be really be helpful for all of us to read your thread about the supplements you recommend.

Nottrusty go to the main 35+ page here https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-conceive-over-35/

at the top on the left you will see the icon "NEW THREAD" just click on that to start a new thread.

I guess you could call it anything you think captures the info you're sharing!

Edit: Briss's suggestions are great.

Best wishes!

Moondust!!! Congratulations...Why didn't you tell me? I"m going to spank you after you have the baby :lol: Ok...now you defo have made me more diligent in taking it. Congratulations Love!!!!

:dance:

Here - LOL I just found out!!! But thank you!! I wasn't even sure I really believed the positive PG test but it's starting to sink in. I took a digital this morning so I guess that's convinced me. Keep taking it the CoQ!!!!

I'm trying coq again as couldn't tolerate it before.

Even at a measly 30mg I'm getting diarrhoea :(

Any suggestions on how to improve tolerance? X

I was fine on it took 400-600 of Ubiquinol (Jarrow) very $$, but worth it. Just Got my BFP at age 43.7 yrs. after 18 mos TTC. I'll be posting my tips on the over 35 board soon.

Unfortunately my husband couldn't tolerate CoQ10 even at low dose 30 mg either, got same as you- diarrhea....I made him try several times. but he had to stop, (or there was no BD action!!) It is supposed to be good for sperm as well, but apparently he didn't need it.

Hello ladies?
Can I join? I am 35 and have been taking 200mg of Q10 for about three months now. During this cycle I took 2 x 200 just during the week pre-ov...
This is cycle 15 for us and first cycle post polypectomy and hysteroscopy! I added the q10 after reading the research papers talking about it improving egg quality in older women...Hopefully it will do the trick. I am so glad to have seen so many bfps in this thread...
babydust to all of us!!!

Hi Ladies,

Congratulations on all your BFP's :)

I had never head of CoQ10 before this. Does anyone know if it is of benefit to men with low or zero sperm count also?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->