Resisting the title Wonky Cycles R Us....boarding the Maca Train to BFP Central!

Hi, I started taking Maca root, on off, from Sep'09 till early this month when I had my bfp. I have stopped taking since and I'm 6 weeks pregnant now. Maca definitely helped in regulating my cycles and reducing PMS. Every month I was suffering from headaches and bodyaches and AF cramps were unbearable. After taking, I felt much better generally and i'm always more cheerful. But most importantly, it increases my sex drive, which I find really helpful especially when we had to BD a few consecutive days during the fertile period. I do not know how some ladies can BD more than once a day. My body's not easily tuned!

Hello Ladies! I have just read your post and I'm going to get me and OH some of this Maca! WelshRose where did you order yours from? Can you just get it anywhere or do you think some are better than others?

x
x

Aww wow...what a nice surprise to come back to :yipee:....

Marrissa_E...:happydance::wohoo::happydance:....Huge congratulations Hun:hugs:...and thank-you for posting on here....it's stories like yours that give us hope hun...hopefully they'll be a few more maca :bfp: joining you in first tri soon:winkwink:

SBB....Welcome Hun! There are a lot of places online that you can get hold of it...I ended up using creative-nature.co.uk....it came really quickly and was reasonably priced...£16.54 for 200 (500mg) capsules.

Feeling really excited for us girls....even if it's only regulation of our cycles...it will be worth having a virtual :wine: with you all:winkwink:

Heaps of :dust: and Luck girls...can't wait to get to know you better:hugs:

How old is your furbaby Hun....She/he looks gorgeous:awww:

xxx:flow:xxx

Awww thanks - he's such a special doggy. Bono is 10 and will be 11 in September. He was my hubby's dog and when we bought our house in 04 Bono came too. I soon turned him into my dog ;) and he's spoiled rotten. He suffered a horrible torn cruciate ligament last summer and had to have an op but he's all recovered now although he has been left with arthritis in both knees. He's not as active as he once was but he still loves his walks.

Marrissa_E That's great news - thanks for sharing that - certainly gives me hope :hugs:

WelshRose I am so eager to get my cycles back to normal. I was taking Agnus Castus for a few months and it was working (OV brought forward from the CD20s to CD16 & CD17 consecutively) but then I stopped it last month cos of the blood results on my thyroid. As it turned out I don't have any thyroid antibodies so am classed as subclinicial hypothyroid and my GP won't treat that as there's less than 3% chance of me going to overt hypothyroidism! :wacko: - but I'm back on the Agnus Castus now as it can't hurt, plus I'm back charting my BBT this month. I'm really doing my best to try and help my body get back on track and in the meantime, I'm sure the tests will just back things up :thumbup:

Thanks Welshrose - just ordered them! :thumbup:

I am on CD23 my last cycles have been 44-65 days, I think I have endo or PCOS or both... Hopefully this will help... I'm also taking EPO and getting TCM Acupunture on Tuesday! My OH feels the pressure and can't 'perform' if he knows I'm ovulating, so I keep it secret but hopefully the Maca might give him a little extra sex drive! :happydance:

Hollybush, firstly agree Bono is beautiful! Also, do you mind me asking you about hypothyroidism / thyroid in general. My doc is testing me for it (I think) but I know nothing at all about it - do you mind filling me in? What symptoms do you get and how does it affect ttc? :shrug:

Thanks girls! :hugs:

Hey Lovelys...:hi:

Holly...Bless him, he looks like such a sweetie. I must put a pic of my furbaby on....she's 9mths old...a black and tan cavalier king charles spaniel...I love her to bits.

I sympathise girls with the cycles being all over the place...mine have been an absolute nightmare these past few months...:dohh:
I've had one day since the 29th Dec that I've not been bleeding/spotting and no real clue as to why. I used to get spotting around O and then typically spotting at 8/9dpo until the :witch: after an 11/12 day LP.
My gyne isn't being very proactive at the moment which is driving me nuts to be honest....hence I'm out there trying to sort myself out:dohh:

SBB...That's great that you've ordered them....they should be with you by thursday.
I also see a TCM Dr Hun:thumbup: She doesn't do acu on me at the moment thou just keeps me rattling with herbs...apparently my energies need nourishing first before acu.

I don't know what you think of the Maca banner in the sig but thought it would get us a bit more publicity:haha:....If either of you can design a better one I really wont be offended and equally I won't be offended if you didn't want to add one:hugs:
The link thou is
Code:
https://highpowergraphics.com/bannerbuilder/images/userimages/20100221124902.gif
Just add the
at the end.

Hope you're all having a good evening....I'm off to dunk our Pickle in the bath in a minute....half-term has ended....:sleep::haha:

xxx:flow:xxx

Wow the spotting must be getting really frustrating - I've got it right now too, have had for about 4/5 days... It's so annoying! :growlmad:

I will add the ticker thanks hun (I just need to work out how to do it!) :shrug:

:hugs:

I'm hoping if you highlight it hun and then right click copy and then paste and add the
around it in your sig area it will work....but I'm no I.T wizard:dohh::rofl:

hi ladies, i too read a couple of success stories before deciding to purchase maca. Unfortunately not many from this forum.. Most of them were diagnosed with pcos and the luckier ones strike only a month after taking maca! I was frustrated of course when I didn't get that bfp within a month.. hopefully u ladies will be one of e lucky ones! but i continued taking maca patiently & here we r now. Oh, hubby took it too but stopped after sometime coz he found maca a bit heaty.

Btw, I took the powder form purchased from Amazon,com.. Navitas brand. Heard powder form is better than capsule. u'll will need a higher dosage of capsule to get the same effect as 1 tsp of powder. But powder taste horrible!

This sounds great! I read that some women have lost weight with it, is that true? I would love to try this but I'm afraid to take it if it'll make me lose weight. Otherwise this sounds pretty amazing as far as health benefits. :thumbup:

Morning Girls:hi:

BellaBlu...Come join us hun! Where did you read about weightloss chick...I haven't heard of that....but certainly wouldn't complain:winkwink:

Marrissa_E...Hi Honey...Hope you're feeling fab and escaping some of the yuckier first tri symptoms:hugs: I did consider the powder but thought there was probably no way that DH would take it:dohh: The capsules that I bought are 500mg and it says on the pot to take between 2-6 a day...I'm taking 4 at the moment to see...it's got quite a lot of work to do thou with my crazy cycles so I'll review it at the end of next cycle and may increase to the 6 a day. Did you have problems with your cycle when you started taking it?

SBB, Holly...MummyIwanabe....How are you all doing today?

My temps still haven't risen that much....maybe O will be today???:shrug:
I guess it gives us another couple of days to bd...DH was tired last night:dohh:

Right then I'm off to sort our Pickle out ready for school and then to make a new banner as the one I made last night seems to have disappeared:dohh:

Hopefully catch you all later....:hugs::flow:

Here's hoping this one lasts a bit longer girls:dohh::winkwink:
Let me know what you think...personally I'm unsure I like the glitter...but we'll see:shrug:

I think you just need to add [/IMG] after the .gif bit....hope you like it and it works.

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/bdR33.gif

xxx:kiss:xxx

I'm sad at the moment. Don't know if you noticed on other threads WelshRose but my OH had a SA come back and got 2% morphology. That's not good and we're hoping to perhaps do another test. gota book appointment with our new GP tomorrow.

Been doing so much reading on it all and its a bit overwhelming! I'm hoping Maca will improve our odds but at the moment our odds aren't looking too great :(

Oh Babe...I'm so sorry...I hadn't seen your other threads:hugs:

I hope you don't mind me asking but how long was it inbetween the last bd session and when he done the sample?....Just a thought as I read somewhere that when ttc it's important not to leave anymore than 7 days inbetween each ejaculation. This helps to keep the lil guys fresh and remove the chances of older poorer quality ones from the ejaculate.
I hope it's a simple answer like this and the next sample will be better hun. Is he ok?

I'm sure the maca will help Hun....There's been fab results that other ladies have reported and no reason to believe that you guys are gonna be any different...I've also heard that taking zinc is particularly good for the lil guys.

Sending huge hugs Petal....try and keep that chin up....you know where I am if you fancy a rant/cry etc....:hugs: xxx

Hi Welshrose, thanks for the new banner - I like it!! :flower:

I ordered the wrong bloody ovulation sticks online, I got normal clearblue, and I need the digital ones! I have poas last 2 days, and they give a positive, but i'm not sure the line is dark enough... It's so much easier with the digi's..
I don't have any ewcm yet so don't know if i'm about to Ov or not! will BD anyway just in case... :thumbup:
I have ordered the right ones now but they might come too late! No temp rise this am...

MummyIwanabe sorry to hear your news wasn't great from the docs... It's so difficult finding out things that are going to make it so much harder to get pregnant... I hope if you do another test the results will be a lot better, and the Maca will help :hugs:

I agree re the powder form of Maca, no way my OH would take that (well at least not without complaining about it a lot!) need to make sure he takes the tabs... and apparently it's best not to take them in the evening because they can give you a bit of an energy rush... :happydance::sleep:

Glad you like the banner SBB:hugs:

I bought tesco's own this month and cb digi ones and actually ended up preferring to agonise over lines :dohh:...the cb digi kept coming up with error msgs...and I'm 100% certain I was doing it right...:shrug:
I thought I'd probably be O yesterday going by my chart but the rise this morning was nothing significant and now I have watery cm and right side ovary pain.....what was that about maca giving an energy rush....I'll be forcefeeding it to my DH later:winkwink::rofl:

:hug:

Thanks Welshrose and SBB.

It was 6 days since BD that the sample was taken. A lot of people on here are saying that's too long although the doc said between 3-7 is fine. I'm praying that's the reason maybe but who knows, we have a long road ahead I expect :nope:

Welsh, I read it on Amazon in the customer reviews of the powder form I believe, it may have been one of the capsules though.. I cant' remember. :flower:

Thanks for that honey:friends:
I have a little extra padding so I'm not going to complain:winkwink:...but for all you lovely ladies that don't want to lose any weight...it may be something to look into.
It certainly doesn't say anything on the pot of capsules that I've got...althou it does say that "in recent years Maca has become a popular supplement for atheletes as it increases endurance and may help to build and tone muscle mass"....I should imagine that you have to have a lifestyle and diet to support this thou...:shrug:
Maybe this will spur me on to replace my scale batteries and snack on a ryevita:haha:

Love the new Avatar BTW..:thumbup:

:hugs::flow::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back