Resisting the title Wonky Cycles R Us....boarding the Maca Train to BFP Central!

Yeah I'll double check :) Thanks hun! I hope so.. that would be an awesome birthday present for LO's daddy and grandpa ;) their b-days are the 18 & 19th of this month so I'm praying. :flow:

Hey here's some info I found online about Maca

you can take it whenever and I am PRETTY sure it's safe to take if you are preggos also, cause BellaBlu your symptons sound promising :)

What is this magical root and how does it work

It is a nourishing food for the endocrine system and is an aid to the granular system as well, including thyroid, adrenal and pituitary glands, all involved in hormonal balance. Maca can impact key hormones in both the men and women to their advantage, but it doesn't contain hormones itself.

Maca helps nourish and stimulate the pituitary gland. It acts as a tonic for the hormonal system. When the pituitary gland is functioning optimally, the entire endocrine system, too, regains its balance, because pituitary gland is in control of the hormonal output of the other three glands involved.

For women, maca controls estrogen in the body. If a woman's estrogen levels are too high or too low, this can affect a woman's ability to become pregnant or to carry a fetus to term. If there's too much estrogen, progesterone levels may also reactively become too low. Therefore, if a woman takes maca, she may help increase her progesterone levels, which are essential to carrying a pregnancy to healthy term.

Maca may help:

Reestablish hormonal balance in women. Increase sex drive in both women and men. Protect eggs' health. Increase sperm count in ejaculate, increased seminal volume overall, and improve sperm's motility

Using maca

Maca comes in tincture, pills, capsules or powder. The powder is great to include in smoothies, while the capsules are convenient to make sure you get maca in your diet every day.

If you wish to purchase maca, make sure it's organically grown. Today, some of the areas in the Andes are contaminated by water from the mines, so if the maca you buy is nonorganic, you may be putting yourself in danger of lead or mercury contamination. Your maca root should also not be diluted with additives or fillers.

The maca sold here is 100% pure.

The recommended dosage: it is recommended that you take maca in a dosage of 2000 to 3000 mg a day. You also need to make sure you take it every day, for optimal results.

Remember that there will be no side effects when you take maca, because it's a food. If you take it in capsule format, three to six capsules a day will provide you an optimal dose. If you use the powder form, start with half a teaspoon of powder and work up to one tablespoon.

and this link is the actual Maca Powder I use

https://squawkery.blogspot.com/2009/08/maca-has-been-know-to-increase-womens.html

Thanks Kell!

It's so confusing all these pills! I'm not sure if something has set my ovulation back, but I've taken so many things this month it could be any of them!
I hope not, it's probably just my crappy cycle taking forever... if I ever ovulate and don't get BFP I'm getting clomid next month!

X x

Thanks Kell!

It's so confusing all these pills! I'm not sure if something has set my ovulation back, but I've taken so many things this month it could be any of them!
I hope not, it's probably just my crappy cycle taking forever... if I ever ovulate and don't get BFP I'm getting clomid next month!

X x

what else are you taken if you don't mind me asking? Just keep your chin up, the O will happen

I think I had to much stuff going on as well, so I cut back on the Multivitamins and right now only taken my pre-natals and Femaprin (ran out of the Maca Pills yesterday) I think I was getting to much B6 and the multi, femaprin both have the B6 in it....

it is ALL so confusing :growlmad: I wish I could get inside my body and shake things up.. :lol:

Where's the best place to get maca tablets from online? I've nearly run out. Pref the cheapest! But also a genuine site, who's got theres from where?

Thanks x

Where's the best place to get maca tablets from online? I've nearly run out. Pref the cheapest! But also a genuine site, who's got theres from where?

Thanks x

I got mine from creative-nature.co.uk (think that's it), but that's uk, not sure where you are? x x

what else are you taken if you don't mind me asking? Just keep your chin up, the O will happen

Hi Kell - well, I got my smiley this morning! :yipee:
If I don't get my BFP this month I am getting clomid I think!

I am also taking EPO, but I stopped because I thought I had ovulated earlier. Maca obviously. Pregnacare pre-conception tabs. Calcium tabs and occasionally Iron liquid (I'm anaemic sometimes).

It's actually not that many, but reading through all the threads and researching stuff makes my brain hurt! Then I can't remember what does what and what to take when!! :headspin:

Yeh it would be great to be able to just see inside and sort it all out!!

x x x

Here's the link for the capsules, if you put in Feb10 at the checkout you'll get a discount.

https://www.creative-nature.co.uk/maca/maca-root-organic-peruvian-approx.-200-capsules.html

x x

Thank you SBB just ordered some :) code didn't work but its a good price anyway! Better than I paid :) xxx

I am trying to keep calm cos my temps are on the way up (yesterday's and today's) so combined with that really bad OV pain yesterday and NONE today along with no sign of any fertile CM I am hoping beyond hope that I ovulated yesterday :happydance:........CD14. As I got some watery stuff on CD12 but didn't finish AF until CD11 :wacko: maybe any fertile CM was caught up in AF?????

I dunno. :dohh:

I just hope that tomorrow & Saturday's temps keep going up.

This would be out of this world if I have ovulated normally cos the last 10 months have all been in the late teens to the mid twenties.

I'm keeping everything crossed :thumbup:

And if it is good news then it's well done Maca Root :yipee:

I'll keep you posted :thumbup:

Hi Kell - well, I got my smiley this morning! :yipee:
If I don't get my BFP this month I am getting clomid I think!

I am also taking EPO, but I stopped because I thought I had ovulated earlier. Maca obviously. Pregnacare pre-conception tabs. Calcium tabs and occasionally Iron liquid (I'm anaemic sometimes).

It's actually not that many, but reading through all the threads and researching stuff makes my brain hurt! Then I can't remember what does what and what to take when!! :headspin:

Yeh it would be great to be able to just see inside and sort it all out!!

x x x

SWEEEETTTT!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: see told ya, just give it some time :)

sorry for getting back so late, today was in the office day, and well because the wicked witch showed yesterday I am H E L L on W H E E L S, lol not a happy camper and someone PEED ME OFF SO BAD, caller her right out and thru her under the bus... teached her not to mess with me.. LOL

No SBB GET TO :sex: wooo hoooooooooo have fun!!!!

I am trying to keep calm cos my temps are on the way up (yesterday's and today's) so combined with that really bad OV pain yesterday and NONE today along with no sign of any fertile CM I am hoping beyond hope that I ovulated yesterday :happydance:........CD14. As I got some watery stuff on CD12 but didn't finish AF until CD11 :wacko: maybe any fertile CM was caught up in AF?????

I dunno. :dohh:

I just hope that tomorrow & Saturday's temps keep going up.

This would be out of this world if I have ovulated normally cos the last 10 months have all been in the late teens to the mid twenties.

I'm keeping everything crossed :thumbup:

And if it is good news then it's well done Maca Root :yipee:

I'll keep you posted :thumbup:

YIPPIE!!!! keep us updated!!!! :happydance: :happydance:

:rofl: kell you sound like me when I've got AF... And before it, and after... And before ovulation!! Lol OHs get a raw deal with our mood swings!!

:hugs:

:rofl: kell you sound like me when I've got AF... And before it, and after... And before ovulation!! Lol OHs get a raw deal with our mood swings!!

:hugs:

dam so that's like all the time then... :muaha:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol yep!

But I figure we must be great the rest of the time so they can put up with a few mood swings!

BTW I have noticed I am really thirsty at the moment, drinking loads of water... Anyone else noticed this since they started taking Maca?

X x x

I couldn't wait any longer...I started it today...I'm taking just one capsule (525msg)a day to start off with..I hope it works!!

Morning Girls...:hi:

Sorry I've been awol the past couple of days...after being out of the house for 12hrs there's just enough energy left for half hour with Callum, dinner, shower and then :sleep:...Still not back in work again now til wednesday:yipee:

I can only add really what's already been written in that Maca is definately safe to take throughout the cycle and I have also read it's safe throughout pregnancy as well.
Glad everyone is managing to get hold of the miracle stuff:winkwink:

Bella...Have you tested yet? I was just updating the :witch: for me on the softcup testers thread and noticed that you're down for the 8th.....Wishing you Sooooo much luck, :hugs: and :dust:

How is everyone else doing?

Kel...I'm glad the snow didn't last long with you....it's so pretty when you don't have to go out in it:dohh: Sending heaps of :dust: for this coming cycle:hugs:

SBB...I haven't peaked at your chart hun...how's the O front going?

Holly...Ooooh I hope it is O for you honey and that you've been busy:winkwink:

MummyIwanabe....How's things with you?

Peach...I started taking mine mid-cycle as well hun...it didn't do me no harm. Goodluck hun...:hugs::dust:

Hilary...where are you lovely?

I really hope I haven't forgotten anyone...If I have it really isn't intentional....I hope you're ok:hugs:

Well yes the :witch:...arrived with me yesterday....I'm even beginning, despite solid red crosshairs, to wonder whether I actually O after all. It was one weird chart in terms of temps and in all the time I've been charting I've never had one like it....:shrug:
I rearranged my ultrasound scan for the 26th and if that shows nothing untoward then I'm going to go back to my GP and perhaps ask him to send me to a different gyne.
My original one said that she felt all the bleeding was because I wasn't ovulating and she was hoping that it was going to self correct.....things went wonky back in September '09 and are more wonky now than ever....I don't think it's right for her to expect me to just sit back and bleed/spot all the time. I'm personally very suspicious of Endo but she wont do the laproscopy to rule it out because they manage it by sticking you on BCP of which obviously we don't want....:shrug:....does anyone have any experience of this?

Big Hugs and Oooodles of love xxx

P.s: Sorry for the outpouring of frustration:dohh::blush:

Welsh :flower:

Haven't tested yet! I'm 8 dpo so testing the 8th will still be a bit early but I'm hopeful :hugs: Thanks for the babydust! Yay for no work until wednesday! It's always nice to catch a break ;) Sorry that the witch got you.. Next month will be a different story though eh? You'll chase her off for a good 9 months. :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->