Resisting the title Wonky Cycles R Us....boarding the Maca Train to BFP Central!

Hello Everyone! I just joined this site today and I am still new to all of this! My husband and I have been TTC for 4 years now...since I went off of BC. I have a cyst on my left ovary and currently without insurance so it is definitely a lot harder than I expected. I have heard of this Maca Root and was thinking of trying it out...Any suggestions or success stories from anyone? Thanks!:hugs:

:hi: Peach :hugs:

I think the majority of us on here are all pretty new to Maca Root and we're all waiting to see what effects the stuff has on us :). I've already started to have some good effects and don't believe it's coincidence. I've been taking it for 11 days so far :thumbup:

I have more updates to add today :)

I have so much energy :thumbup: and the side effect of this means that my house is gleaming :thumbup:

:-k I seem to be having some mild ovulation pains today. :thumbup:

Thanks for the info..I'm going to look for it on Tuesday when I get out of work. Does GNC carry the powder? I want to be a mommy SO badly...I really hope this stuff works! I will definitely keep posting my results! :thumbup:

How many Miligrams is everyone taking?

I just got 525 :shrug: I don't know what the ideal amount is for fertility. :shrug:

:hi: Girls...:hugs:

Welcome Peach...hope you get to feel right at home here hun and the maca helps you get that long awaited :bfp::hugs:

Bella...Hey lovely...That was fab reading that you haven't had any pains:thumbup:
I just stalked your chart to...There's some fab temps going on there:happydance:...I've everything crossed for you now:hugs: I take 2000mg a day hun (4 x 500mg capsules) DH is only taking 1000mg a day. On the pot that I've got it recommends between
1000-3000mg a day.

Holly...Hope that :witch: has packed her bags and left you to enjoy your anniversary:cake:....Small world not only do we live fairly close but Shaun and I are also celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary on wednesday:dohh::loopy::rofl:
I know what you mean about the energy boost....I've even been outside and cleaned the windows this morning:haha:

SBB...How are you doing Chick? Feel free to stalk my :loopy: chart anytime:thumbup:
Hope you're getting some O signs hun:hugs:

Kel...Any news to report? Did you get much snow after?

Hilary...Hope you still living in a house full of Lurvin:winkwink:

MummyIwanabe...How are the tests etc going sweets...thinking of you:hugs:

Well girls there is not a lot to report really from this end. The spotting is still continuing and who knows what's going on with the temps...:wacko:
I've got really low backache, and some sharp stabby pains going on in my tum but other than that...I think I'm out? Any thoughts would be :thumbup:
Hope you all have a good day....

:hugs::flow::kiss::flow::hugs:

Welsh-
:happydance: That defo just made me smile! I just started charting so I have no idea what looks good. I've heard several times today that it's looking good..although I assumed my temp going up up up was better than down!, makes me excited! Trying not to get my hopes up too high though :thumbup:

Holy Cow about the Miligrams :) lol. Looks like I'll have to put it on monthly order on Amazon. We'll be through the bottle I ordered in no time! Oh well. I can't wait to start taking it. I keep reading more about it.. seems to be wonderful! DH is weird about taking any type of vitamins, so I'm going to pop the capsule open and put it in his food if he wont take it! :lol: Just kidding! (i think!)

:rofl:...devious...but I like it:winkwink::rofl:

I'd definately feel good about your chart hun...it's going to be difficult for FF to put crosshairs in thou as you don't have many pre-O temps...I'd guess you O on cd18 thou:happydance::hugs:

Do I tempt fate and say that I think my spotting might be stopping....it'll probably bite me on the ass later but hey:dohh::lol:
Just hoping and praying that the temps rise tomorrow.

:hug:

FX'd for your temp rise honey! *knock on wood about the spotting*

:hugs:

Hi girls!
No update here really, Maca isn't having much effect, OH hasn't been jumping on me - still hopeful though as it's still early!

No signs of ov, temps still low, still neg OPKs and it's now CD31 :sad2:

I'm bored! I just want to ovulate so I can stress out in the 2WW!!

Welsh I don't know what to say about your chart - I don't think you're out. Sorry I realise that's no help at all!!

FX for you :hugs:

hi ladies!!!!

still really nothing to report here either... DH wasn't home all weekend... :( thankfully wrestling will be over soon, (he coaches) so I will have him home more often :)

Welchrose- storm was over come Friday afternoon, the shoveling was horrible because it was heavy wet snow, we got about 12 inches... but yippie, melting fast due to the sun being higher in the sky

I can't believe it's MARCH already, just that much closer to summer vacation

SBB- sorry no signs of O yet :( keep the spirits up, it will happen soon.

everyone have a great day, I have a cornbeef simmering away on the stove for dinner tonight. Will be much easier since we are heading to the gym for 5pm... I won't have to cook when I get home wooooo hoooooooooo :lol:

HI Welsh!
Well I bought some of the Maca Root in a capsule today cuz I didn't want to pay $30 for the powder right of the bat..So do I start taking it the first day I get my period? I heard you should only take it for the first 14 days...?

goooooooooooooooood morning ladies

welp I am actually coming in here HAPPY to say the :witch: got me this morning and I am OVER JOYED..:happydance:.. I know, crazy but this cycle was waaaaaaaaaaaaay to long, but I have to admit the NPC actually worked for me. I started taken it Feb 5th for 14 days and then stop for 14 days, I know this is a forced AF but a bleed is a bleed and I am so happy and it came on 29 days.

SO I start tomorrow on temping again, OV kit will be play soon..

I am thinking about getting soy, what ya think? anyone with soy experiences before?

welp off to start work

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!

Hi girls!

Kell pleased that you are pleased about the :witch: !!

I still haven't ovulated... I'm so bored now I just want to get on with it! :growlmad:

Peach I'm not sure about only taking them for 14 days, I haven't heard that... I was planning to just keep taking them... :shrug:

:hugs:

I've just looked at your chart WelshRose and hoping beyond hope for you that the spotting goes away and you're rewarded with a BFP :hugs:

I've been having OV pains for 3 days now which yesterday & today have got much stronger so I'm keeping my FX that this means I'm going to OV soon. CD14 today so I'm really hopeful though I don't have any fertile CM yet :wacko:

I think the effects of the Maca Root are being overshadowed by my work stress :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

I'm really hoping though that we have to cancel our first appointment at the Fertility Clinic..........we're going 13th April, just under 6 weeks. I would love to be able to phone them in say 3 weeks and tell them it's not needed as I'm pregnant :dance:

Peach I've not read anything about taking Maca Root for 14 days. What I've read is that it's a food supplement rather than a herb (like Agnus Castus/Vitex which is advised not to take after OV) and that it's suggested to stop Maca Root once a pregnancy is discovered. Hope that helps :)

Thanks ladies! I got my Maca capsules from The Vitamin Shoppe. Now my cycle is so irregular..I got it on October 1, 2009 and just got it again on February 10, 2010. Now I would hope I'd be pregnant but if I am not I hope I get it again when I'm suppose to so I can start this vitamin...The guy at the store said that it would make sense to start it on the day of my cycle...but I don't wanna wait! *sigh* What's a girl to do!

I didn't wait I started half way through cycle! As far as I know maca has no effect on the cycle so should be ok x x

Hey ladies, hope everyone is doing well! :hugs:

Still waiting to get mine in the mail.. I've got 3 packages that are taking forever to get here. :shrug:
I've had heartburn today which I've only had twice in my life :thumbup: & my BB's are sooo sore. But could just be pre-AF symptoms. Im only 6/7 dpo though so idk! FX'd. :) Out of curiousity, can you take Maca while pregnant? I dunno if this has been talked about, but I'm just curious.

Hope you're all having an awesome night :friends:

Hi bella, I think it is safe to take through pregnancy as well, but maybe check when you get your BFP!

FX your symptoms are going to mean a BFP!!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->