Restless legs....

honeygrl

Reaction score
Anyone have any tricks on making it go away? My legs get so fidgety and jumpy in the evening that I just can't get comfy no matter how I sit or lay. It's driving me INSANE.

Oh god mine were like this last night, its such a weird feeling i thought i were just un normal lol, they just feel the need to be moved all the time, so much to the fact i went for a walk at 8pm for an hour lol xx

its a horrible feeling :( I find sometimes a hot shower or bath at night can help x

i take my shoes and socks off an walk on a cold surface. it almost instantly relieves it

I make sure I am not sitting in a super soft seat right before bed, and also having my hubby put a ton of pressure on my lower back really helps. I can tell that's where it's coming from. Drives me nuts..

if it happens in bed i usually stick my legs out of the covers- the cold usually helps a little. Otherwise i get up and have half patty/ half chicken dance trying to shake the life out of them!

I'm definitely going to try this stuff because it's driving me insane. I can kick my legs around until they hurt and they still feel antsy. I just started back to work and thought that all the extra walking and moving around would help but it actually seems worse.

I've also started having trouble having any clothing on at night. It gets so itchy and uncomfy by about 10pm that I end up stripping down to my underwear like my clothes are on fire or something. I just suddenly can't be in them anymore or I feel like I'll scream. (i actually did freak out a bit last night over it because it hit me suddenly and I wasn't home yet)

I feel for yeah, I have Restless Legs Syndrome, so I suffer from this all the time, not just during pregnancy, though it seems to get worse. I can't say anything really helps, sometimes I actually have to hit myself in the legs to relieve it.

I feel for yeah, I have Restless Legs Syndrome, so I suffer from this all the time, not just during pregnancy, though it seems to get worse. I can't say anything really helps, sometimes I actually have to hit myself in the legs to relieve it.

I've certainly been there. Bruised my thighs all up one night that way. I've had it outside of pregnancy also but before I was pregnant my doctor had me on clonazepam (for panic attacks) which would always fix it and now I can't take it anymore because it's not safe for baby.

I get it even when I was pregnant, for as long as i rermember. i seemed to get worse while pregnant, but lately it hasnt been to bad. Exept for last night. hate it! :(
I have asked my doctor about this before and he just laughed at me and said there is nothing he can do. dick!

I get so tired of the doctor telling me that I have to just suffer through stuff. You would think that modern medicine had come along enough to figure out how to fix things that make us miserable during pregnancy. My old OB would never make me suffer if there was any possible solution. The one I'm stuck with now has the whole idea in his head that you are supposed to suffer through pregnancy and it's normal to be miserable. If men had to have babies, there would be a cure for morning sickness, restless legs, sciatica, SPD, and all the other stuff that hurts and makes us feel bad!!!!

omg I feel the smae way with men doctors! I had terrible morning sickness where I couldnt get out of bed without vomiting I got so dehydrated and I lost weight. I got someone to take me to the doctors to give me something to the nausia and he basically just said it's pregnancy what did u expect?! Well sir- i did not expect your opinion but i do expect something to help calm it down which I damn well know u can prescribe! (atleast he did gladly, but still couldnt help sticking his 2 cents in)

I had a midwife behave that way during my 2nd pregnancy. (i had 3 miscarraiges before i had my first) I was 6wks pregnant and trying to explain to her that I had been sick long before I was pregnant and that I had gotten so sick with the last pregnancy that I miscarried after losing so much weight that my body couldn't function right anymore. Her reply was "You're pregnant, you're going to be sick. Deal with it." I miscarried very soon after and found out it was gall stones causing it. I could have died because of her stupid opinion.

I'm just hoping I don't end up in the hospital with this doctor acting like the pain is something I have to just deal with because I'm a *bitch* in labor and I will make that man cry if I have to!

Maybe I should warn him at my next visit that if I end up crying in the delivery room, I will not be crying alone!

omg!! That is so terrible! It makes u wonder how some people got their degrees. Although i know from experience that getting a degree in the mediacal profession is harder now there is so much more stuff u have to go through to get it and half the stuff is on communications and dealing with people etc- obviously they didnt have those papers when these "professionals" got their degree. Not saying doing that fixes everything but iknow that it does cause alot of people to drop out of degrees because they just don't have the right ethic to continue to complete them. Trying to stop people from just going into midwifery/doctor/nursing degrees just for the money, and hopefully have some compassion! If u just want money then do us all a favour and go work in an office behind a computer where we cant see u!!!

I had this towards the end of my pregnancy with Hollie. Its horrible! I havent had it yet with this one! xx

Ladies, Ladies - I suffered greatly from Restless Legs Syndrome before I was pregnant but it has become much worse now...

I use a leg gel called Anti Stax, and yes, it works - everytime! I wake in the middle of the night and my legs feel horrible - I keep stretching them but nothing works... BUT - rub in the gel and it goes immediately!

I think you can buy it in bigger Boots stores but if not you can get it on the internet. It's a life saver! :thumbup:

I sway myself when I feel I'm jumpy and my legs don't let me sleep... I thought I was a weirdo!! Well, as I say, I sway myself like as if I was swaying a baby to get it to sleep. I finally fall asleep and forget all about it!! It feel like moving voluntarily stops the involuntary movements. I'll try some of the other tricks though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->