Returning to work

Willow01

Reaction score
Pointless thread but I have to return to work next week and the thought of leaving my babies is heartbreaking. They will be with grandparents so that makes me feel better but I just want to be with them all the time, I have lost my desire for my career and just feel so down about going back to work, I need a big hug 😓

I'm afraid I can't help as I'm in the same boat :-(
Going back in about 3 weeks and really don't want to. My baby will be going to a childminder as we don't have any family that can help, and it breaks my heart. I work long shifts too but he will be there for 11-12 hours on the days I'm working, and like you, I've completely lost any love I had for my job/career. Which obviously makes it even harder and more horrible to have to go back!
Big hugs, sorry I can't help but I do feel for you :)

Thank you for replying, it's just horrible isn't it. It is on my mind all the time as I am sure it is yours. Why can't we win the lottery lol! My boy starts nursery the same week I go back but luckily I am allowed time off for that.

:hugs: I know how you feel I have been back at work now for 3 months and I still wish I was at home with my little people - they are also with my mum
I live for the weekends and have lost all fire for my career :dohh:

:hugs:

Are you both full time..? I'm only part time so I feel bad for moaning about it, but I've just loved being off so much that I don't ever want to go back - part time or not!!

I am back full time yes :( although I have consolidated my hours so I work an extra hour Monday-Thursday so I can take Friday afternoon off to be with my babies which is lovely but makes Monday-Thursday hard as I only see them to get up and drop off and then put to bed :cry:

I'm returning to work in 3 weeks as well and I'm absolutely dreading it. I hate my job and I have loved being off. My youngest is undergoing some separation anxiety at the moment as well, so I'm worried about how she's going to settle at nursery.

I can't complain too much though as I'm part time. I'm also planning to return 2 days a week initially and then eventually 3.

No matter what, it is hard to retun to work! They are part of you and it's hard to be away from them. But it's great that your little ones will be with family. That will be great for their relationship. I totally hear you about not caring about your career. I just got a teaching job a year ago and now that I'm a mom, it hardly matters now! Hugs and I hope that your transition to work isn't too rough. It does get easier as you get into a routine.

I'm back at work full time tomorrow. We are lucky that she doesn't need to go to childcare, but its still hard.

I'm sorry and I'm right there with you! I came back after 5 weeks because of financual reasons. It sucks

It's tough to be honest! Both my babies routines have gone to pot, they won't go to sleep on the days I work �� The grandparents are struggling with looking after them too, I think they thought it would be easier than it is. My toddler cries a lot when they are looking after him asking where I am and when I am coming home, that honestly breaks my heart. It's not like he doesn't have a good relationship with them, I think he is just used to having me around. Every time I get home their little faces light up which is lovely to see. I just hope it gets better over time, I hate to think that they are unhappy whilst I am at work ��

I went back to work 4 days ago and I like my job just hate my boss but still I rather be home with my baby luckily my parents and sister are able to look after her so that makes me feel more at ease but seeing pictures of her during day makes me wish I was home with her but I'm sure it will get easier as I'm working to save up to get a bigger place so she gets her own room so it some way it's worth it for her to get her own space

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->