• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reusable Liners for cloth diapers?

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
Hi all! :flower:

I love cloth diapering (using inserts) and I have microfiber inserts and use a disposable liner over the top. Its all been working great (its the Kawaii system) but I really want to switch to reusable liners. When I chuck them out, it seems like a shame cause honestly its not that bad. (most of the time lol)

I looked at the Kawaii website, and The Honest Company and I cant find reusable liners. Is this even a thing?

I am also interested in trying bamboo inserts, but im not sure how people find them. Any feedback would be wonderful. Thanks all!

Fleece liners are great and you can make them yourself. Just cut fleece from the fabric store or a cheap fleece blanket to the size you want and you're done. Lots of people love micro fleece, but almost any fleece except the blizzard type fleece that is made to repel water will work. You may need to wash a couple of times before using. Sometimes liquid will bead up on new fleece rather than let it pass through quickly.

Thank you! Im assuming im doing this right by using liners with microfiber? I heard you had too to prevent irritation. :)

You don't have to use liners at all. I've never used them. When it's breastfed poo you can just throw them straight in the wash, and for weaned poo you can use a spatula for scrapping it into the toilet.

You're right that microfiber can't be directly against baby's skin. Are you using the Kawaii pockets?

Also, I love bamboo inserts. We use a microfiber on top and a bamboo under to increase absorption. I'm pretty pleased with that system! We found ours on Amazon.

I use fleece.

I used microfibre and bamboo until my daughter was about 10 months. From then, we couldn't use microfibre at all as we'd get serious compression leaks.

I now use all in ones (bumgenius elemental and Grovia ONE), hybrids and pockets with bamboo and hemp.

Thanks! And yes, im using the Kawaii pockets :)

I spoke to my mum who is going to look for bamboo fabric (shes a sewer) and she will sew me a bunch of liners. Shes a lifesaver lol.

Ill check out amazon as well, thanks! im on there every day and I don't know why I didn't check their first. :)

We use fleece liners most of the time and disposable liners when he is going to poop (same time every day lol).
We love the bamboo inserts/boosters and also hemp. Very absorbent.

Why are you using a liner with pocket diapers? The insert goes into the pocket and that keeps the insert from touching the baby's bum. I have sunbaby diapers but I'm assuming they're similar with the whole diaper lined in fleece with a slot for the insert to be put in.

Also, if you do make fleece liners there is nothing to sew. Just cut the size you want and that's that. Fleece does not fray so no need to hem. I find micro fleece best for liners since it's not too bulky. (I also sew. I'm a wahm, sewing for a living :))

I forgot... I use bamboo inserts. I can't really compare to microfiber because I only have one microfiber insert but I really like bamboo. I don't ever use the microfiber one. I tried it once and I hated it. Not nearly as good as bamboo. Well... I guess I can sort of compare. Haha!

The Kawaii diapers don't have a fully covered area for the insert to pop into. So without a liner, the microfiber would touch LO bum, which is a no go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->