Reusable nappies: Be honest now....

a diaper spray is a small handheld shower that attaches to the loo, so you can spray your dirty nappies with high pressure water that goes straight down the loo. Spraying to remove the poo can reduce stainage. I did a lot of research into this ages ago and found the only thing available in the UK that's similar is a bidet spray.

Ohhh, yeah I know what they are! I thought she meant like some sort of spray to stop them smelling?! :dohh: Silly me. :lol:

I've actually seen spray that helps stop them from smelling too though! Bumgenius makes one. But from reviews that I've read it has a very chemically smell to it. :shrug:

As for me, I have a quick rinse cycle on my washer and anytime she poos I just throw it in there for a quick rinse. Than I throw it in the pail. No smells whatsoever for us. And I do a full load of diapers every other day. :thumbup:

I always use a fleece liner so I just deal with that if she poos on it. Never touches the nappy. She usually poos with her nappy off though, so I just flush it! :lol:

Wow, is Freya's poo somewhat solid then? Adam's is still totally liquid and it gets everywhere. Today he pooed and it got on the fleece liner, the booster, the nappy AND the wrap (doesn't usually get the wrap but this was a big one). He's combination fed, mostly Aptamil stage 1 with some breastmilk every day.

Anyone know when he's likely to start doing the type of poo that stays on the liner?!

I have a mothercare one and the lid is snuggly fitting. You can't smell it at all, and it only briefly smells when I take the lid off. I dry pail and use a few drops of tea tree oil.

Wow, is Freya's poo somewhat solid then? Adam's is still totally liquid and it gets everywhere. Today he pooed and it got on the fleece liner, the booster, the nappy AND the wrap (doesn't usually get the wrap but this was a big one). He's combination fed, mostly Aptamil stage 1 with some breastmilk every day.

Anyone know when he's likely to start doing the type of poo that stays on the liner?!

She is on a soya formula, which makes their poo more solid. It should say it's good for your nappies on the tin!! They weren't at the beginning though, proper runny.

I know when you start weaning their poo gets more solid, but also more smelly! We got a right stinky one yesterday. :sick:

I know when you start weaning their poo gets more solid, but also more smelly! We got a right stinky one yesterday. :sick:

The poo gets MORE smelly? Eek, I thought Leyla was pretty stinky now. I woke up this morning to find the bedroom smelled really bad. I blamed OH but then Leyla pooed and it was obviously her all along :wacko:

The poo gets MORE smelly? Eek, I thought Leyla was pretty stinky now. I woke up this morning to find the bedroom smelled really bad. I blamed OH but then Leyla pooed and it was obviously her all along :wacko:

It depends what you feed them pre-weaning. FF babies notoriously produce stinkers because of how hard it is for them to digest. Perhaps soya-based formula isn't as bad. BF poos don't smell that bad, sort of sickly sweet. Even though Jack's poos have become generally less messy since we started him on solids last month the smell takes some getting used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->