Reusable Nappies.

J

Jadeyydoe

Hey I am thinking about using reusable nappies for my baby but I'm unsure of how to use and things.
Now I'm sure they have liners so I don't actually have to put poo in my washing maching right?
What do I do with the liners just throw them away?
also what makes are good, I'm thinking about getting the mothercare trial pack is that good?
I heard I ahve to wash them a few times before actually using them otherwise they aren't very absobant, how many times on average?
Thanks in advance :)

Liner wise you can get reusable or flushable liners, I have a combination of both though imagine we will use more flushable liners as OH isnt too keen on the poo scraping ;) You can then also put reusable liners in a bucket to soak or rinse them under a tap to get rid of any poo that didnt fall off into the toilet before putting them in the washing machine.
Make wise....well......haha! Other than to say reusables are similar to disposables in that what suits one wont always suit another, the weight, shape and sex of your baby as well as your lifestyle and preferences will determine what nappy types will suit you and baby best. My reccomendation is to buy "some" of a few different types of nappy to get yourself started and once you know which suits best buy some more of those.
I have one-three of a dozen different types of nappy from prefold to two part to pocket, AIO, snap in etc. I personally prefer the two parts but I know my OH struggles so have invested in a number of AIO and pocket nappies for him plus some of the more reccomended 'night time' nappies like bumgenius and Pop-Ins.

I have prewashed all my new nappies at least 5 times, I think most brands recommend 5-10 times before maximum absorbency is reached. My preloved nappies Ive washed and then done two rinse cycles with basically because you never know what people have used to wash them previously so wanted to be sure they had no nasty chemicals on them.

As AS says, you can use flushable or disposable liners or no liner if you choose, they are not compulsory it can just help with the clean u process. I often use my shower to blast any poop off if we've been caught without a liner on.

Brand wise, different nappies work differently for different people for a variety of reasons so it's helpful if you can buy a few different ones and try them out for size before commiting to anything.

I only ever prewash my nappies once but then only wear them for a short period of time because i hate putting clean nappies in the wash! After 3/4 washes i'll lengthen the wear time of them a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->