Reusable vs Disposable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use cloth during the day and disposables at night. I don't think a cloth nappy would hold all his pee in for 12 hours +. I used disposables at the start because I didn't know much about cloth, but gradually I bought more and more and now I have more than enough. They're expensive so I wish I clothed from the start so I could get the whole moneys worth out of them.

I looked at gettng one for Connor... Never got round to it though. Do you think it's too late now? He's got 8 teeth :haha:

He's got 12 more teeth to get yet so i defo think you should get one :haha:
xx

Ooooooooh! Which one did you get?

I so wish i had the fund atm to buy my two another one :rofl:

Erm the one for £8.50? :blush: Can't remember what it's called, but I got it in cognac :D

:happydance: Maxie got that one!
I want to order that one again but in the multi colour!

Both my girls were in disposable. I had a hard enough time with diaper rashes on my kids i didn't want to stir the pot. Plus it was easier .

I use cloth during the day and disposables at night. I don't think a cloth nappy would hold all his pee in for 12 hours +. I used disposables at the start because I didn't know much about cloth, but gradually I bought more and more and now I have more than enough. They're expensive so I wish I clothed from the start so I could get the whole moneys worth out of them.

Holy! :shock: I was just looking on amazon for an idea on price for them and they are like 16-20+ each for the one size snap kind. Thats the same price as a case of 108 size 4 diapers. that makes me wonder how much cheaper it really is. sure you may only need say 10-15 diapers thats still the same cost as 10-15 cases plus you have to buy detergent to wash them with, the electricity etc.

Wow! We are cloth users - mostly for the long-term cost savings I will admit - but we do use the odd sposie and neither child so far has had worse than a slightly pink bum that a bit of cream hasn't sorted out no matter which type of nappy has been used.

I would never be so arrogant as to inform someone that their choice of nappy is harming their child. At the end of the day it's to catch wee and shit, whatever method of doing this works for the individual is no-one else's concern.

Holy! :shock: I was just looking on amazon for an idea on price for them and they are like 16-20+ each for the one size snap kind. Thats the same price as a case of 108 size 4 diapers. that makes me wonder how much cheaper it really is. sure you may only need say 10-15 diapers thats still the same cost as 10-15 cases plus you have to buy detergent to wash them with, the electricity etc.

Buying everything in a package is cheap. The package we are getting is $130 and is everything she will need until she is potty trained.

They wear them either on wrists/ankles/necks and when the amber heats up against the body it's a natural pain reliever.
I swear by Max's lol

never knew that, i just thought they were something hard to chew on! are they like really hard? joels jaws could break glass :shrug: he has a vibrating teether hes been using and this thing that looks like a toothbrush but he can gold it and it has rubber nodules on it, he loves that one. Oh and sophie la giraffe :thumbup:

Amber is not for chewing! The necklace should never be so long they can put it in their mouth.

dont get how it works then? :dohh:

:haha: i posted already and said!

https://www.amberpumpkin.com/amber-teething-necklaces/split-amber-teething-necklace.html

''Product Details

A 100% pure Baltic Amber Teething necklace made from different shaped pieces of amber in a choice of colours, every necklace is handmade so no two are identical. As with all our necklaces each piece of amber is double knotted to ensure a strong, safe necklace.

Babies do NOT chew on the amber - it works by warming against the skin and releasing minute amounts of soothing oils which is absorbed into the bloodstream.

Available in an impressive range of colours including the best seller, cognac as well as dark cognac, honey, honey light, milky and multi coloured amber.

The amber weighs between 5.5 and 6 grams, so lightweight to ensure a comfortable fit for your baby. The length is approximately 32cm so suitable from 4 months – 5 years.

Amber is a natural analgesic and when worn on the skin, it releases natural healing oils that calms babies and young children to make them more relaxed whilst teething.''

I have a question for all of you...Did you use cloth from birth? I will be using cloth but I did buy a pack of disposable diapers for the meconium (sp?) How long do they poo that and if you used cloth how did you get it off of the cloth or the stain out? If I could figure this out I would use cloth from birth.

You could use liners - either reusable or disposable ones.

We are using sposies with Ollie until his cord stump falls off as I tried him in various cloth the other day and couldn't get a good fit with any without covering it. Hopefully it will be coming off any day now.

I used cloth from birth. The mec poo wasn't as bad as people were telling me. It washed right out.

We only had meconium for a day and a half. We changed his nappy in the hospital on day 2 to find the marmite had become korma poo already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"