Rhesus negative complicated?

MummyIwanabe

Twin Mummy!
Reaction score
I'm rhesus negative I had 1 anti d injection I think at 28 weeks but never got the second injection as I had my twins 11 weeks early. I didn't get a second injection after the birth as twins were both negative!

I have just found out that I am pregnant again.

Will my body attack this pregnancy as I only had 1 injection? Do I wait until 28 weeks again? I'm only 5 weeks and got another 3 weeks until I see mw.

Can anyone help advise me?

If the twins are negative and you are negative, then there is no need for any anti-d at birth, so you should be absolutely fine! It would only be an issue if the babies were positive...

I'm o negative myself and had an injection at 14wks due to a cervical bleed, but will have at 28wks and at birth, unless baby is also negative...(I asked the nurse when I was 14wks just in case!)...

best wishes

You are fine. My son was rh pos so I had the injection after birth. I made them double check his chart and yep he is pos. ...lol...them shots hurt. you will get it at 28 weeks.

If your partner is Rhesus positive then you will likely need another injection for this pregnancy, but it shouldn't be for a while. Just be sure to ask your midwife about it when you see her in a few weeks.

Interesting. I asked midwife about this today as i am rh negative and she said i would get anti d at 28 wks but didnt mention one at birth or finding out what blood group the baby is. Oh is rh positve. Will have to ask again about this. Didnt realise another injection may be needed at birth if baby is pos too. Thanks for saying about that.

Ok thanks ladies but what if this pregnancy the baby is positive will the baby grow ok until 28 weeks till I get the injection?

You're fine until 28wks as previous pregnancy was negative as you!

best wishes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"