Rhys 1st Birthday

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
Is on tuesday so i better sort it out 2moro!!!!

here are my present ideas so far:

Paints/Brushes
Playdough
a Baby Scribbler
a light up drum (already bought)

any more present ideas anybody?

also me and colin are both working on tuesday and by the time we get home it will be to late for a party as it will be rhys' bath time and then bedtime.

im thinking of just taking some fairy cakes into parent on toddlers on Thursday and having a mini-celebration there.

does he really need a huge 1st birthday party? after all hes only 1 and wont know any difference anyway...

I wouldn't buy anymoe toys hun with xmas just around the corner
As for a huge party, nope i wouldn't
I had a party for jack this year with all his little playgroup friends and even then i'm not sure he knew what it was all for LOL

i personaly wouldnt buy any more toys or have a big party, but then im a tight wad lol

For Cobys first birthday we had a little T party at Jases mums house and invited family, it was sweet and a nice day, we only brought him 1 pressie coz we knew everyone else would go mad.

We will be doing the same for his 2nd b day too, when he goes to school is when we will do big partys.

My sister however went mad on her daughters 1st birthday, hired a hall, bouncu castle, ball put, DJ, wall decorations, massive load of food (that got wasted) and spent a fortune...the idea is nice dont get me wrong, but she will never remember it

x

We always did family parties for the little kids in our family (but my family is rather large so it always turned into a huge affair). I think a small party is fine as long as you are happy with it

ok ive just been out shopping and bought some finger paints and some playdough which im gonna save for christmas and give him the drum for his birthday.

thanks for your advice girls, i thought i was being a horrible mum not throwing a party and buying tonnes of presents!

I feel the same. I haven't got Bethanie too much for her 1st though, she is having a fifi cake, banner, tablecloth, plates and napkins and some balloons.. but as for pressies - we've got her a book, a dvd, a wooden toy, some pyjamas and fifi cd (think thats it) oh and a baby walker, but she would have got that anyway. It's just not worth it when they're most likely going to get spoilt over christmas/bday).

They can use playdough at 1?!

I feel the same. I haven't got Bethanie too much for her 1st though, she is having a fifi cake, banner, tablecloth, plates and napkins and some balloons.. but as for pressies - we've got her a book, a dvd, a wooden toy, some pyjamas and fifi cd (think thats it) oh and a baby walker, but she would have got that anyway. It's just not worth it when they're most likely going to get spoilt over christmas/bday).

They can use playdough at 1?!

it says from 2+ the one i got but as long as i watch him he'll be fine

aww a small party is fine hun coz xmas is only round the corner so not really loadsa presents either
parties 4 my little ones are just the family and best mate ebcky and her baby, but ruby's last one had lost of her playgroup friends 2-chaos lmao!

I'm deffo making a fuss of my little ones this xmas tho lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->