Rib pain at 25 weeks! OWWWW!!

WilliamsAd19

Pregnant 2nd Trimester :)
Reaction score
Anyone else been having this already?!

Im in bloody agony...naughty flumpy! I must have woken up about 5 times last night with it!:wacko:

:nope:

I have been having rib pain between the ribs and under my right rib down low - almost at the top of my stomach. It feels like there is something poking me in there or that I pulled something. Are you having this pain, or is it just bubs kicking? Mines not kicking - I don't know what it is - was going to ask at the next mw app't in 2 weeks!

xx

Hey! Just noticed we are due on the same day! :D

:) Someone who is due the same day, wahoo!

Mines under my left rib, and it feels like a stabbing pain, i thought i was having a heart attack before lol

xx

I know with my first she liked to hoof me in the ribs or if I laid on my side she would make a point of standing on the lower part of my rib cage. Man did I bruise!! I remember one night laying down at work for a little bit around 25 wks and my little one it seemed did a continous stretch with her feet on the left side lower side of my ribs. Man was I sore!!

I was so bruised by the end of my pregnancy that when the Dr palpated to check baby position and womb hieght the one time I nearly jumped out of my skin with surprise and pain. We both learned from that and he was more gentle from then on :) It was an L shape bruise along the top of my abdo/lower ribs and then down the left side.... wonder how this little one is going to treat its mommy.

I imgaine it is just the baby stretching or practicing kungfu on you. I would not worry about it although it would not hurt to ask your Dr regardless :)

Hi Ladies,

I had this pain with my first baby and it turned out he was breech and it was his head pushing on my ribs. I would say get this checked out as soon as you can just so you know.

Hope it dosn't get too painfull what ever it is.
x

Hi Ladies,

I had this pain with my first baby and it turned out he was breech and it was his head pushing on my ribs. I would say get this checked out as soon as you can just so you know.

x

OOO maybe thats it with me - bubs has been breech with every scan. And I find if I stretch out, then pain is a bit better - when I sit, ouch!
xx

Hi ladies,

I wouldn't panic straight away, I have consistent rib pain from about 18 weeks, under my left rib usually and if I rub or try to ease it it feels like a sore bruise. I'm not being kicked there, it comes on from sitting a long time or eating a large meal, often get it in the evening but was worse before I was properly measured for a new bra. Turns out this is one of the main factors for the pain if your bras are not fitting you anymore, it helps an awful lot once you get measured.

I dont get pains in my ribs yet, but i feel feeling as though ive been winded or i have air trapped in my lungs that is pretty uncomfortable lol

ooo breech, i never thought of that!

Mines calming down a bit now, but tends to hurt more when im lyeing on my left side, so maybe puts baby in a funny position

I have rib pain but it feels like my bottom ribs are being slowly pushed out of the way.

Hi again,

Just read that when you stretch pain get easier. Thats exactly what happend to me. Standing was fine but sitting was when the pain kicked in. Sometimes I would feel his head click under my ribs.

Also it felt like my ribs were being pushed out. Something I did was to sit on a big gym ball and rock and get on all fours to try and ease the pain.

I had my LO turned in the end. Alot of people say that it is really painfull but I didn't feel a thing. I would recommend it to anyone. Gives you a better chance of having a natural birth if thats what you want.

Hope the pain dosn't get too much for you all. What are these LO's like!!!!!

x

Oh hells yeah, I've been a mess of aches and pains this week..I had to sit down and make all our wedding invites this week and then we went on a 250 mile train journey to go see the in-laws(to be) so that = v.v sore back.

But I've had a horrible pain in under the right side of my rib cage too! Its ouchy...I had a poke of my belly and it feels much harder on that side so I can only guess that the little mnster is lying on that side and its putting pressure on my wiggly bits and ribs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->