Rice cereal?

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
So i have seen and read that you can give your baby rice cereal that is combined with his milk at 4 months.

what would be the pros and cons of doing this?
can i just wait til 6 months to give him food?
will eating cereal decrease his nursing?

:confused:

Sorry don't know much about it, and I've heard from some people to do it and some people not to do it. The only thing I've heard is that it helps with reflux.

You dont have to, you carry on as is til 6 months i think. Chloe wont wait til 6 months, milk jusrt wont be enough for her

when i had my daughter whos 7 next month it was "standard" to wean onto foods at 4 months so when i had tommy i was surprised it had changed to 6 months....I started to give tommy a bit of baby rice yesterday as hes hungry all the time, drinks so much milk hes sick and then hes hungry again *i dont think he can cope with the amount of liquid hes taking and is just not full"
I and only I made the decision to do this, some will agree and some will disagree but I know my son best and I felt and feel im doing the right thing...I as a PERSONAL OPINION feel that at 6 months this is too long for a child to go with just milk but others will totally disagree, go with what you think is best for your little one, everyone wants the best for their children and to make the right decision but remember its a learning curve for everyone and just like the "weight" topic some babies are bigger than others, its the same with food some babies are hungrier and will want food earlier, if you think you should try them go ahead, youll soon know if its too early as they wont be interested!!

good luck

h x

my doctor said that the reason that the suggested age is now six months to start food, is because the bowels are not ready until then. he told me that alexa can start anywhere from five to six months. i am going to start her at about five and a half months on cereal, she will be crawling by then, as she is already dragging herself around and about to crawl, so i wont be worried about the weight issue. she is already interested in what i am eating and drinking and i feel bad that i cant give it to her, but i trust my doctors advice. it is initially your decision, because you know your baby best.

I think its amazing that they say now that babys bowels arent ready before 6 months. Has the human body evolved that much in 28 years? (i was on 2 weetabix every morning at 3 months and it was fine then!)

Its is very confusing but common sence and instinct is best hun.
If you think LO needs a spoonful of baby rice go for it. IF he doesnt like it .. fair enough try again when he is alittle older :)

My first didnt have food till she was 6 months , she just didnt need it and seemed fine on milk. Yet ella is completely different now and started a spoonful at about 3 and a half months and its going great!

Like some have said at 4 months was the norm even 3 months ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->