Risk Assessment at work.

Mum2BeJodi

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
I'm curious to find out when you guys have had your risk assessment at work? I work at a nursery and I'm currently 21+2 weeks. I still haven't had my risk assessment. I have asked them a number of times, but all I get back is I don't know the head office should be doing it soon. Should I mention it again?

yes deffinately as i had mine at 12 weeks and have to have another one done every 4 weeks.

I had my risk assessment at work around 13 weeks. I only told them at 12 weeks I was pregnant so they got it done pretty quickly! I was asked to re-evaluate the role I do and fill in the forms to confirm I would work within my 'limits' haha

If your role is affected by pregnancy then you should definitely mention it again?

You should have it done pretty promptly once you tell them you're pregnant - and it should be reviewed at least every 4 weeks, whether your job is affected or not.

Get on to your union, hon, or at least ccntact your H&S person at head office asap.

Yeah i deffo think you should mention it again! I had mine 2 days after I announced to my boss that was at 13 weeks pregnant. We now have them booked in for every 2 weeks!!

I had one at about 20 weeks (even though they knew I was preganant at 12 weeks) but the company I work for are not exactly on the ball with things like that. I am leaving in a couple of weeks so doubt i'll be having another one.

I would mention it, maybe quote some legal stuff too!

I had mine as soon as I found out. My job involves going into rivers and looking at creepy crawlies and plants, sometimes in not very nice places like below sewage works, so I didn't want my little dude to be put at risk.

i had my today at 16+4 and my next one is at 22weeks when i had in my matb1 form x

I have to have one every trimester. I had one at 13 weeks and one at 22 weeks. Next one will be sometime next trimester.

I thought they had to be done within a week of you telling them? :shrug: xxx

I had mine at 14 weeks because my boss bless im can be a bit forgetful but our H&S rep sorted it out as soon as she knew I was pregnant- it should be constantly reviewed so its current so they should do it as soon as possible.

Mizze xx

I had one done at 13 weeks and have another one next Friday to keep it current. Would definately have a word and get one done ASAP. If anything should happen to you they would not have a leg to stand on xx

i had mine as soon as i told them which was 6 weeks. Thr risk assesment is on going and needs to be updated (normally during trimesters if needed) I had to do another risk assesment just so i could leave the office to do some training.. The stuff i read was crazy !!! never realised how dangerous being pregnant is...

I told my manager at 6 weeks and he never did one, as far as I'm aware...

He just phoned ATOS and they recommended that I should be put on light duties and no manual handling, so he basically told me to only do what I feel comfortable with. I'm not doing any manual handling at all because of that.

Should I still ask him to do a proper risk assessment?

very interesting!!! I told them I was pregnant when i was about 13 weeks. I'm 21+2. I am at work tomorrow so I'm gonna ask them again and get the number for the lady who deals with HR. I work at a nursery and am with children all the time so picking them up could be a risk. I have been making them let me take 15 min break in the afternoons.

If anything happends its them which will be responsible, not you. Everything is all about health and safety and as far as i was aware most companys have to have a RA in place for almost everything now adays. The only problem is hardly anyone knows how to do them... The RA is cover their back

Mine have never done one with me, never mentioned it or anything and i'm nearly 23 weeks, i work in an office though so dunno if i would need one majorly :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->