RLT and EPO..when, how and how much?

angelbump

Reaction score
Out of the game 4 years so just wanted to know what everyone was doing with these now?

Last pg i drank raspberry leaf tea til it came out mt ears but didnt enjoy it so i was going to go buy some capsules.
Never took epo as i was a bit scared and didnt want to cause anything untoward.

Would be interested to know what mums are doing in the lead up to due dates x

I would also be interested in knowing this. I didn't try anything last time, thinking the baby would come when he was ready, and ended up being induced a week past his due date at 0 cm dilated lol. I'd like to be a little more proactive this time.

It's been over three years, but I believe I did two capsules of EPO starting at 37 weeks. Or maybe it was one? :blush: I'd have to do some digging to find out. I drank RLT all day but I actually enjoyed it with splenda so it didn't bother me.

My last pregnancy i inserted one capsule at 38 + 2 and the next day it gave me some awful contractions one after the other i really thought that was it but it all fizzled out by the night time. It gave me a really uncomfortable day for nothing so i wont be trying that again. Just irritated things really badly. X

I would also be interested in knowing this. I didn't try anything last time, thinking the baby would come when he was ready, and ended up being induced a week past his due date at 0 cm dilated lol. I'd like to be a little more proactive this time.

I drank rlt but didnt really like it and it brought on bracton hicks. I had a really soft cervix last time and was 2cm dilated at 37 weeks but dont know whether it was the rlt that contributed to that? He was still a week late x

I drank rlt last two times and I was still induced, but I pushed out my babies in three pushes and healed a bit better than the first time.

I’ve never done either but my friend frank rlt with both her pregnancy’s and both came 2 weeks early

Sorry if it’s a stupid question but does it just taste like squash if you let it go cold. I don’t drink tea or fruit teas and can’t bare warm squash. But wondered if it would taste nicer cold

I think I started at 32 weeks last time with raspberry leaf tea, or was it 34:-k
And I think EPO is from 36/37 weeks but I never bothered last time and it sounds horrendously messy so don't think I'll bother:shy:

Sarah- I don't know about drinking it cold but I always put in a spoonful of honey to sweeten it

I’ve never done either but my friend frank rlt with both her pregnancy’s and both came 2 weeks early

Sorry if it’s a stupid question but does it just taste like squash if you let it go cold. I don’t drink6 tea or fruit teas and can’t bare warm squash. But wondered if it would taste nicer cold

I drank it cold as i was carrying in the hottest summer! I added peach squash and it was like an ice tea 😊

It's not awful at all but it definitely needs something whether that be honey, sweetner, sugar or added squash whatever is your thing x

I never did anything like that last time but my SIL passed on some RLT and capsules that she didn't use in her last pregnancy so I might give them a shot this time. My midwife last time told me RLT doesn't do anything to bring on labour but strengthens the uterus. After pushing for almost two hours and requiring an assisted delivery with DS I'm willing to give RLT a go if there's even a small chance it'll help.

I never did anything like that last time but my SIL passed on some RLT and capsules that she didn't use in her last pregnancy so I might give them a shot this time. My midwife last time told me RLT doesn't do anything to bring on labour but strengthens the uterus. After pushing for almost two hours and requiring an assisted delivery with DS I'm willing to give RLT a go if there's even a small chance it'll help.

No it doesn't bring on labour or help put you into labour but is apparently great for toning the uterus and softening cervix and i guess since it increases braxton hicks it does work on the toning side.
Shame braxton hicks dont tone your abs ay :haha:

No it doesn't bring on labour or help put you into labour but is apparently great for toning the uterus and softening cervix and i guess since it increases braxton hicks it does work on the toning side.
Shame braxton hicks dont tone your abs ay :haha:

Ahhh gotcha. Maybe I'll pass it up then. I only pushed for 20 minutes with my first. I imagine that it'll take even less time with this one. I just wasn't dilated at all with my first and wasn't having any contractions when I was induced. Like, they had a hard time even getting me to dilate to 2-3 cm, which is when they could start the Pitocin. So I was just hoping it would help me go into natural labor instead of being induced again.

No kidding, haha... I did notice when first starting the rlt I had lots of bh, and it made my bowels cramp a bit too, but that also happens for me in the last month or so of pregnancy, so it probably wasn't ALL from the tea. My first took about 45 minutes of pushing, so going from 45 min to three pushes and popping out, I would definitely say it could help. I generally drink it without any sweetener and warm, but I'll drink it cold too, the taste doesn't really bother me either way and it doesn't really taste like a squash to me, so can't say there either.

Sorry if it’s a stupid question but does it just taste like squash if you let it go cold. I don’t drink tea or fruit teas and can’t bare warm squash. But wondered if it would taste nicer cold

I make it like I would make sweet tea and mix it with black or green tea & sugar to taste. Then I put it in a pitcher in the fridge. It's actually pretty good this way <3 hth

I drank rlt in my first pregnancy and didn't even push my uterus did all the work(I was trying to hold her in as was in wheelchair on the way to delivery). For that reason I decided not to drink it in subsequent pregnancies:haha:

I drank rlt in my first pregnancy and didn't even push my uterus did all the work(I was trying to hold her in as was in wheelchair on the way to delivery). For that reason I decided not to drink it in subsequent pregnancies:haha:

Wow that's one powerful uterus you have there :thumbup: would put me off taking it too.
I have to say its not made mine any worse this time round although i am on low dose as im only just 33 weeks x

I generally take it from 34 weeks onwards. 1 cup a day from 34 weeks, 2 cups a day at 36, 3 cups a day at 38 weeks and 4 cups a day at 39 weeks. I've not got passed 40+3 with any pregnancy. My pushing stage doesn't last longer than 30 minutes.

With my second I also had 6 dates a day from about 36 weeks and it was my easiest birth, only 4 hours. I've not done epo as I'm not sure about the side effects.

I generally take it from 34 weeks onwards. 1 cup a day from 34 weeks, 2 cups a day at 36, 3 cups a day at 38 weeks and 4 cups a day at 39 weeks. I've not got passed 40+3 with any pregnancy. My pushing stage doesn't last longer than 30 minutes.

With my second I also had 6 dates a day from about 36 weeks and it was my easiest birth, only 4 hours. I've not done epo as I'm not sure about the side effects.

Thankyou,
What are dates supposed to be good for? Never heard of that one.
I havent done epo either and seems alot of the woman on this post only do the rlt x

I drank RLT in my last two pregnancies. I drank it starting at 36 weeks with baby #3 but didn't go into labor until 39 weeks exactly. The RLT did nothing to help make it easier to get her out, in fact I had to use a peanut ball in the end to get her to turn because she was facing back-to-back.

With baby #4 I started drinking it at 34 weeks (a different brand this time) and ended up going into premature labor at 35 weeks. He came within 30 minutes of pushing so not too bad. It did seem that this new brand worked better for me than the old brand. I drank it twice a day.

It tastes pretty bitter so I second the pp that stated you'll need something to sweeten it if you don't like sour stuff.

Thankyou,
What are dates supposed to be good for? Never heard of that one.
I havent done epo either and seems alot of the woman on this post only do the rlt x

Dates are supposed to reduce the time spent in the first stage of active labour. The second pregnancy when I did try that in combination with rlt as above, my labour was 4 hours from start to finish. It may be a fluke, but my last labour dragged at the start so I may try it again this time as there have been no reported side effects to the date protocol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->