Rock the Frock - New Year's Day Challenge (continued in Dieting Journals)

Ugh it's so hard eating well while traveling. Good luck with that! Does the 30 DS not offer a rest day?

I wish I sweat more to show how hard I work, I know it's weird but I'm a little jealous of people who drip sweat when they exercise lol. Even when I was on track and cc in high school, it took a whole hour workout of nonstop sprints, etc in 95+ degree weather (Fahrenheit) to get me to drip even a little. Makes it look like I don't really try.

Trust me, I would rather be like you. Red face, sweat dripping ......it's a crazy look! I always imagine that people would think "jeez, that chick must be really out of shape!":rofl:

I dunno about the 30DS and rest days....I think I might stick with it and try to do in 30 consecutive days and that way I should be finished a few days before my girlie's 1st birthday.

Weight this morning
160.6 ....damn, so impatient to get into the 150s

Next mini goal
154 lbs or 11 stone

The Good
5 a day : pomegranate, passionfruit, kiwi, papaya, carrot, onion, mushroom, green beans, pear, satsuma

Exercise
30 Day Shred Level 1 Day 7
still finding those side lunges with anterior raises tricky.....what's the bets they are part of the next two levels also?:haha:
30 minute walk

The Bad
haven't slept well in about a week even though my wee girlie is sleeping quite well

The Ugly

Food Log
breakfast - fruit salad and ff yogurt
lunch - ham, tomato and salad on malted wholegrain
snack - melon, pear, satsuma, ff yogurt
tea - homemade chunky chips with quorn mince, cannellini beans, mushroom, green beans, carrots, onions in tomato and fresh basil sauce, nakd bar, (plus 2 - 70kcal cereal bars :growlmad:)
1% milk in tea

Tomorrow is a new day!
30 Day Shred Level 1 Day 8

Oh no, now you've made me too afraid to look ahead on the workouts......okay for now, gonna stick with the old ignorance is bliss! :winkwink:

Weight this morning
161 ....think I'm stuck here

Next mini goal
154 lbs or 11 stone

The Good
5 a day : tomato, grapefruit, passion fruit, pomegranate, papaya, grapes, carrot, sprouts, cauliflower, kale, broccoli, green beans, melon

Exercise
Davina Body Buff DVD Boxing and Arms
Darcey Bussell Pilates for Life DVD Main Programme
30 Day Shred DVD - Level 1 Day 8
30 min walk

The Bad

The Ugly

Food Log
pre-workout - fried egg on malted wholegrain, tomato and grapefruit
post-workout - ff yogurt with passion fruit, papaya, grapes and pomegranate
lunch - homemade broth - barley, lentils, carrots, potato, sprouts, cauliflower & kale
snack - melon
tea - roast chicken, green beans, broccoli and spud, nakd bar
1% milk in tea

Tomorrow is a new day!
need to get into the habit of drinking most of my water before 4pm

Maybe try skipping the fruit for several days. Fruit has lots of sugar, even though it's natural sugar. Might be enough to give you a nudge to the 150s, how exciting!

Thanks for the suggestion drjo718, :flower: have my food shopping done for the week ahead so will eat up what I have in but will follow your advice and cut back on the fruit next week. Limiting bananas this week to see if it will make a difference.

I've been stuck in the 40's for 8 months, I feel your pain lol. But just think,at this rate you'll be out of the 60s in just a few weeks! More than likely, less!

the 140's, can't wait to see that on the scale! Hopefully you'll see that 139 soon

hello i see your doing the shred i did complete it a few months back-i did find i struggled to lose much whilst doing it however lost a few inches and felt fitter and looked more toned. Would love to start again but struggling to fit it in atm. She is a killer i did find myself telling jillean to do one in level 2:blush: :rofl: she does kick your butt! hopefully you will suddenly see a larger drop soon but well done for sticking to your workouts:thumbup:

Thanks Marina, think I'm going to enjoy the last day of level 1 tomorrow, ha ha. Not going to look ahead on the dvd - will just brace myself for the shock of Level 2 on Thursday!

Halfway through the Challenge!!!​

I started 114 days ago and at the halfway point
I have lost 16.6lbs and
lost 2 inches from around my navel​

Weight this morning
159.4lbs :happydance: Nice to see a number in the 150s, have an inkling it will probably take a few days to stick though

Next mini goal
154 lbs or 11 stone

The Good
5 a day : grapefruit, passion fruit, papaya, grapes, carrot, sprouts, cauliflower, kale, berries, melon

Exercise
30 Day Shred DVD - Level 1 Day 9
30 min walk

The Bad
It's been a funny old day, baba woke at 5.20am and whilst she slept again I did not. We're renovating our home and I started thinking over the lists of 'to dos', then as baba's naps were all messed up and we having a visitor for the whole afternoon, I worked hard on the exercise when she napped for two hours but consequently didn't get time to eat a proper lunch. Thank goodness for leftovers which meant I could reheat food for tea this evening quickly and not have a blowout from being super hungry. A bit low on the water but, all in all, not as bad as it could have been.

The Ugly

Food Log
breakfast - 2 weetabix with fruit and ff yogurt
lunch - ff yogurt with ff salad
tea - homemade broth - barley, lentils, chicken, cannellini beans, carrots, potato, sprouts, cauliflower & kale, nakd bar, tsp peanut butter
1% milk in tea

Tomorrow is a new day!
more veggies, less fruit

Hello ladies, I'm back on this board with my tail between my legs... fell off the healthy wagon a few months ago and never got back on :blush:
I neeeed to make some changes Now, because I can always make excuses so I iust need to throw myself into it I think!
Reading your posts are really encouraging especially as we have similar starting weights :D

Hi there, pandaclub, sometimes getting the mindset to get started is a real battle but you can do it. I know for me .....and I still have a loooooong way to go.....I was tired of hating seeing myself in photos, despairing about what I could wear to cover up and feeling so miserable about it all.

Posting daily on the forum here is really helping me to stay on track at the moment. What's your plan? Are you able to exercise? You'll get loads of support on here :hugs:

Weight this morning
158.8lbs

Next mini goal
154 lbs or 11 stone

The Good
5 a day : grapefruit, passion fruit, tomato, grapes, carrot, kale, cauliflower, sprouts, pear, broccoli, butternut squash

Exercise
30 Day Shred Level 1 Day 10
30 min walk

The Bad

The Ugly

Food Log
pre-workout - 2 weetabix with passionfruit and ff yogurt, grapefruit
post-workout - roast chicken, tomato and grapes
lunch - homemade broth - (barley, lentils, beans, chicken, potato, carrot, cauliflower, kale, sprouts) a pear
tea - salmon, butternut squash chips and broccoli, nakd bar, tsp peanut butter
1% milk in tea

Tomorrow is a new day!
30 Day Shred Starting Level 2 :bodyb:

Congrats on the 150's and getting halfway there!!

Do you do all that exercise in one day??!
So far so good this norning (I know its only 7:23.. but still :haha: ) porridge with coconut oil and a drizzle of honey, hoping it satiates me until lunch. Working 8-5 today and jacob woke me up loads last night :|

Do you do all that exercise in one day??!
So far so good this norning (I know its only 7:23.. but still :haha: ) porridge with coconut oil and a drizzle of honey, hoping it satiates me until lunch. Working 8-5 today and jacob woke me up loads last night :|

I am very lucky to not be back to work yet - I start back in January. My baby is also a good napper and usually I would get two and a half hours during the day to get the exercise in. Once I return to work full time, this will not be possible. I'll be lucky if I get a half an hour in the evening when my wee girlie goes to bed. It will be a totally different story when I am jaded in the evening, I will really struggle then.

Your breakfast sounds yum, love coconut. Hope Jacob sleeps through for you tonight. :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->