Rock the Frock - New Year's Day Challenge (continued in Dieting Journals)

Weight this morning
158.8lbs

Next mini goal
154 lbs or 11 stone

The Good
5 a day : grapefruit, half banana, carrot, kale, sprouts, cauliflower, passion fruit, pear, butternut squash, broccoli, melon

Exercise
Davina Body Buff DVD Boxing and Arms
Darcey Bussell Pilates for Life DVD Main Programme
30 day Shred Level 2 Day 1 - wow those pendulum lunges are tricky on my knees
30 min walk

The Bad

The Ugly

Food Log
pre-workout - banana and tsp pb on 1 slice malted wholegrain, grapefruit
post-workout - roast chicken, melon
lunch - homemade broth - (barley, cannellini beans, lentils, carrot, kale, cauliflower, sprouts) and a pear
snack - ff activia yogurt and passion fruit (much prefer natural yog but all they had in our local shop, can't get to the supermarket till Sunday)
tea - butternut squash, broccoli and chicken risotto, , nakd bar
1% milk in tea

Tomorrow is a new day!
need to get into bed earlier....catching up on my favourite tv shows the last few evenings means I'm going to bed an hour later than usual

Weight this morning
157.8lbs

Next mini goal
154 lbs or 11 stone

The Good
5 a day : passion fruit, grapefruit, satsumas, grapes, carrot, kiwi

Exercise
30 day Shred Level 2 Day 2 - feeling it across my shoulders today
30 min walk

The Bad
Bad night with wee girlie, awake in the middle of the night for 2 and a half hours, feel so tired, gonna need coffee

The Ugly

Food Log
pre-workout – 2 weetabix with passionfruit and yogurt, grapefruit
post-workout – 2 boiled eggs, satsuma, grapes
lunch – homemade chicken and lentil soup, kiwi
tea – quorn mince with peas and carrots, pear and nakd bar
1% milk in tea

Tomorrow is a new day!
Travelling tomorrow = airport food; will try to make healthy choices as best I can.

Your meals sounds so nice :D and I love nakd bars too!

Jacob slept well last night, but we're at my mums tonight because I have to go to worcester uni tomorrow morning. Booo. So no exercise today!

Are you travelling anywhere nice tomorrow?

Yay, for baba sleeping thru, pandacub. :happydance: Dunno what was up with my wee scoot last night but wee darling in good form today.

We are going to London, there and back in the one day. My wee girlie is getting helmet therapy for plagiocephaly so we are back for a review. It's a long, long day starting at 4am but we have been a few times now and she is a great traveller. I always find I have the munchies the following day though from being exhausted.

Good luck on your trip! You're so close to your next goal!

Thanks hon, not so great food choices today ....but not beating myself up about it just gonna get back to it tomorrow!

Weight this morning
no weigh in

Next mini goal
154 lbs or 11 stone

The Good
5 a day : peas, satsumas, pear

Exercise
30 day Shred Level 2 Day 3 - proud I did this today after 16 hours travelling

The Bad
food a disaster but moving on

The Ugly

Food Log
breakfast @ airport – 2 soda bread toast, butter, jam, cappuccino
lunch @ department store – scone, butter, jam, satsuma, pear, tea
dinner @ airport – fish, peas and chips, cappuccino

Tomorrow is a new day!
Plan food ahead in the morning to combat munchies when feeling so tired

Weight this morning

Next mini goal
154 lbs or 11 stone

The Good
5 a day : leeks, carrot, kale, green beans, melon, grapes, satsuma, apple, banana, mushrooms

Exercise
30 day Shred Level 2 Day 4

The Bad
baba overtired after super long day of travelling, up a few times

The Ugly

Food Log
brunch – homemade broth - barley, potato, lentils, mixed beans, split peas, chickpeas, leeks, carrots, green beans, kale
lunch – pb on malted wholegrain, fruit and yogurt
tea – quorn sausages, mushrooms and homemade chips, nakd bar

Tomorrow is a new day!
look out some new recipes for soups/broths

Weight this morning
159.4 .....a bit odd, seems to always go up when I have quorn sausages the evening before

Next mini goal
154 lbs or 11 stone

The Good
5 a day : banana, passion fruit, carrots, kale, leeks, green beans, butternut squash, parsnip, satsuma, apple, melon, mushroom

Exercise
30 day Shred Level 2 Day 5 - halfway through!

The Bad
feel tired after travelling at the weekend...gonna need to psych up to the exercise...could easily just snuggle back into bed when LO naps

The Ugly
Totally had the munchies this eve, need to get my head on straight again

Food Log
pre-workout – weetabix with fruit and ff natural yogurt
post-workout – leftover homemade broth with barley, beans, lentils and veggies, grapes
lunch - pasta with butternut squash and mince, satsuma, yogurt
tea – jacket potato with mushrooms and beans, apple, nakd bar
munchies - ff yogurt, melon, half banana, grapes

Tomorrow is a new day!
try a new recipe for dinner

Weight this morning
159.4lbs ...the weekend off plan may be biting me on the a$$

Next mini goal
154 lbs or 11 stone

The Good
Wee girlie slept all night through, feel great after 8 hours sleep :happydance:

Exercise
30 Day Shred Level 2 Day 6

The Bad
cold and wet here; makes it so tough to drink water

The Ugly

Food Log
pre-workout – grapefruit, weetabix with ff natural yogurt and passionfruit
post-workout – 2 boiled eggs, lettuce, tomato and spring onions
lunch – homemade oven chips, carrot/butternut squash/parsnip mix, melon
tea – chicken and butterbean broth, nakd bar
1% milk in tea

Tomorrow is a new day!
must do the Davina cardio workout instead of the boxing...it's been a while

congrats on halfway through the shred i bet your feeling great! food is looking good to not much to report on me had a cheeky weigh in lost half a lb(170.2) im so close to the 160s again been cutting sugar from my tea and upping the water lately

I feel ya, I don't ever want to take a day off workouts again lol

hun do you track calories? its just that your food also looks really low in calories coupled with three work outs your body could be going into starvation mode maybe? hence the weightloss has slowed?

Yay for your little girl sleeping through! Makes you feel soo much better when you've had a good sleep.

Agree with pp though about your low calories possibly contributing to your stalll, its the sort of diary I would expect from someone who didnt have time to exercise. Have you looked on myfitnesspal to see what calories you need? Just an idea :flower:

Hey folks, thanks for checking in on me. :flower:

@ Marina, yay for 170.2, not long now. Well done on cutting the sugar.

@Da Tucker, I always find working out on Mondays tough, just to get back into it after doing less or resting over the weekend can take a lot of motivation.

@pandacub, the few nights of good sleep have been fantastic. Hope your wee man is sleeping well too.

Re. calorie intake, I don't use an app or anything and if I'm cooking from scratch rather than using packets then my daily mental calorie tot up includes guesstimates. I eat good size portions.

I am 37, 5 ft 4 and weigh 159 and according to an online calculator have a bmr of 1473.55. Times this by 1.55 for activity is a daily calorie need of 2284 I am probably between 1750 and 1900 each day, I think. Would this be creating the calorie deficit to lose at least a pound a week? Am pretty clueless about these things! :dohh:

Weight this morning
158.6lbs

Next mini goal
154 lbs or 11 stone

The Good
Feel like I have my mojo back! 50 days until I wear the first frock of the party season. The dress I have chosen is floor length with bare arms so need to really push it on shaping my upper arms. Bring it on!

Exercise
Davina Body Buff DVD Cardio and Arms
30 Day Shred Level 2 Day 7
30 min walk

The Bad
The Ugly

Food Log
pre-workout – grapefruit (58), scrambled eggs (176) with spinach (58) on malted wholegrain (102)
post-workout – ff yogurt (125) with a scoop of protein powder (100) and half a banana (55)
lunch – chicken (200) and butter bean broth with potato (250), melon (70)
tea – cauliflower and broccoli bake (400), satsuma (18), plum (30), nakd bar (137)
1% milk in tea (105)
(....somewhere between 1850 and 1900, I think)

Tomorrow is a new day!
Look ahead to level 3 of 30 day shred

im not sure about the maths im afraid i use a free app called my fitness pal add all my details choose how much you want to lose a week then just log all food and exercise each day i love it.

also when i logged 30 day shred it estimated at around 200 calories burned-30 minute walk is about 100 calories so thats 300 cals burned without the other workouts(not sure on those) meaning that takes you down to 1600 cals approx

I think you need to burn 3500 calories to lose 1lb of fat so you're doing well!
Jacob is sleeping very well thanks :D I'm definitely finding it easier to ignore the junk this week, I think its because im actually rested

@Marina, thanks so much for looking up the calories burned in those activities. You're very kind. I reckon at most I'm burning off maybe 500 or so in the workouts. The Pilates is pretty low intensity - mostly stretching and toning exercises. Must look into myfitnesspal. Do you need facebook to log in?

@Pandacub, when I get a good few nights in a row I definitely feel more in control. When tired, I am my own worst enemy! The sugar cravings are insane. I had been using yogurts with sweeteners as a snack when tired but am going to cut them out - totally sends me in to 'I want sugar now' mode and nothing seems to fill me then!

Am hoping that a slow steady loss of 1-2lbs a week might mean the weight stays off for good this time. I seem to be losing 7lbs on average a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->