Rock'n'roll bumps autumn 2013

Amygdala

Reaction score
Come in come all and let's share this crazy adventure!

Welcome! You'll need to report back about the gig tonight! Bit jealous here, my night is going to be spent on the sofa, as was my day...

Can i join, even if i feel old?

Gonna have to start downloading radio edits of my music tho to make it baby friendly.

What bands is everyone into?

Okay! I know I'm going to love this group!

I haven't been to a good gig in a long time. Here's a list of the bands I've seen so far! They are when I was 14-18.

Iron maiden,
Marilyn Manson,
Deftones,
HIM,
The buzzocks,
Murderdolls,
Soil,
Arch enemy.

But since then this is what I mainly listen to mostly all recorded down on my last.fm! As you can see its now a bit less metal orientated :p

https://www.last.fm/user/Bekkles

Hi all!

Hmmmm, baby friendly music. I've still not decided where I stand on that. English is not my first language so growing up that was never a problem. :haha: I guess it'll be a long time before they understand lyrics anyway.
Right now, LO's favourite song is Foo Fighters' Bridge Burning as played by her daddy on her tiny 1/4 size acoustic guitar. :D It's too cute!

SisterRose, I mentioned it on the other thread but Smashing Pumpkins are playing Manchester on 1st July!

As for favourite bands, I'm really showing my age. I love Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Greenday, Smashing Pumkins, Metallica (although the one time I saw them live they were shockingly awful), Pixies... Also some poppier stuff like Maximo Park and Frank Turner. But NOTHING new. It's depressing. I've been hunting for a new album I like for a year and can't find one. I really must be past it now...

Hi all!

Hmmmm, baby friendly music. I've still not decided where I stand on that. English is not my first language so growing up that was never a problem. :haha: I guess it'll be a long time before they understand lyrics anyway.
Right now, LO's favourite song is Foo Fighters' Bridge Burning as played by her daddy on her tiny 1/4 size acoustic guitar. :D It's too cute!

SisterRose, I mentioned it on the other thread but Smashing Pumpkins are playing Manchester on 1st July!

As for favourite bands, I'm really showing my age. I love Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Greenday, Smashing Pumkins, Metallica (although the one time I saw them live they were shockingly awful), Pixies... Also some poppier stuff like Maximo Park and Frank Turner. But NOTHING new. It's depressing. I've been hunting for a new album I like for a year and can't find one. I really must be past it now...

I'd love to go, I've just mentioned it to OH and he said he'd see ;)

I agree it's really hard to find good new bands, I dont think that music has been the same since the mid 90's and is gradually getting worse. Every now and then I do stumble upon some gems though. Im trying to think of some things to reccomend!

Okay! I know I'm going to love this group!

I haven't been to a good gig in a long time. Here's a list of the bands I've seen so far! They are when I was 14-18.

Iron maiden,
Marilyn Manson,
Deftones,
HIM,
The buzzocks,
Murderdolls,
Soil,
Arch enemy.

But since then this is what I mainly listen to mostly all recorded down on my last.fm! As you can see its now a bit less metal

I love Marilyn Manson too, saw him twice last year.
Also love Rob Zombie (saw him in November),
Soil (saw them in December,lol),
Lacuna coil,
Rammstein,
Korn,
System of a down,
Metallica,
Foo fighters,
Drowning pool,
the list will go on and on, hehe.

Can't wait for Download \m/

Love Metallica! Rammsteins great too!

System are just one of those all time classic bands almost everyone I know love.

I haven't listened to lacuna coil in a long while :o

Love Metallica! Rammsteins great too!

System are just one of those all time classic bands almost everyone I know love.

I haven't listened to lacuna coil in a long while :o

Saw them in Camden last October :) Her voice is amazing live.

Butterfly, did you have a good time?

How far along is everyone? As you can see I'm almost 9 weeks with baby 2. I'm so ready for second trimester. Been feeling sick and dizzy for what feels like a lifetime, enough already! How are you all doing?

I'm 6 weeks with bubba number 2 :) Haven't got many symptoms yet and had an emergency scan this morning due to stabbing pains but it all seems ok and the little pea has a heartbeat :)

I'm 5weeks tomorrow with number 2 also. Very nervous! And won't get a scan until 13 weeks but I'm thinking of going private at 8weeks!

I'm 5weeks tomorrow with number 2 also. Very nervous! And won't get a scan until 13 weeks but I'm thinking of going private at 8weeks!

I've got a private one booked at 8 weeks :) 9 days and counting....all this waiting is driving me mad.

Sassy, that must have been so worrying. Glad it went well and you got to see a heartbeat! I'm all for private scans, don't think I'd make it through first tri without some reassurance.

Is anyone thinking about names yet? I need a distraction from this all-day sickness.

I'm going to book at 6weeks for 8 week scan. I don't want to book it too early incase something goes wrong :-( first tri is really awful, with all the worry.

If we have another girl. We're naming her Georgia Louise.

All day sickness o_O poor you! My sis lives in Germany and said that they get a lot more scans over there rather than the standard 2 we get in the UK.
In regards to names we've decided on Alice for a girl but the boys names are still debatable,lol. My mum in-law wants the name Toby, Hubby wants Eddie and I want Nathaniel >.<

Ha ha! I LOVE the name of this group, my baby is going to be a mini metal head just like daddy (hence my username). Mind if I join even though I am not due in autumn? I am due August 24th.

My favorite bands are Pantera, Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, Alice in Chains, Sublime, Nirvana, older Korn, and Queen.

The more metal heads the better \m/
Did you know that Rob Zombie has a new album coming out on the 23rd April?!? Canny wait :)

Welcome! Oh, you're a little ahead of us, you can remind us that things get better. :D

Sassy, I'm from Germany originally and yeah, they get a lot more "care" early on. There's not much that can be done at that stage of course, at least in most cases. But it must be so reassuring to know that someone's keeping an eye. I hate first tri in the uk. It's like they're saying "well, we'll see if it lasts". I've actually had pretty much those words said to me by a gp when I was pregnant with LO just three months after a mmc. Thanks a lot, doc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->