Rock'n'roll bumps autumn 2013

Welcome! Oh, you're a little ahead of us, you can remind us that things get better. :D

Sassy, I'm from Germany originally and yeah, they get a lot more "care" early on. There's not much that can be done at that stage of course, at least in most cases. But it must be so reassuring to know that someone's keeping an eye. I hate first tri in the uk. It's like they're saying "well, we'll see if it lasts". I've actually had pretty much those words said to me by a gp when I was pregnant with LO just three months after a mmc. Thanks a lot, doc!

Omg, I'm from Germany too! Where abouts in Germany are you from? I've come across that attitude as well. Did you complain? That comment is totally unacceptable! I asked for an extra scan with my last and this pregnancy (need to subdue my anxiety issues) and I was prescribed diazepam with comments of "maybe you'll worry less now" Argh....
I'm going over there in June and might see if I can sneak an extra scan in while I'm there,lol :)

Haha, small world! I'm from the south west, quite near Heidelberg. What about you? what brings you to the uk?
I didn't complain, I didn't have the strength at the time and also was worried it might impact my care. Silly I know. The thing is, he didn't even say it in a mean way, just a complete lack of people skills I think. Anyway, I found that once first tri was over, I was taken a lot more seriously, although there were a few more occasions where I felt pretty alone. A very good friend of mine was pregnant in Germany at the same time though and her care wasn't perfect either, so I'm trying not to complain to much. Don't want to get a reputation. :haha:

I can understand that. It's just very disheartening at times,isn't it...
I was born in east Germany, which I guess makes me an "Ossie" lol. Moved to somewhere near Hamburg when the wall came down. Ended up moving here because my mum married a British guy. How about you?

Yay :) how did you find the transition?
I heard through the grapevine today that Placebo might be touring this year? That could be pretty cool.

I hardly remember, I've been here 9 years now. I have to say though that I've been getting a bit homesick since having LO. I do love it here but there's things back "home" that I'd love LO to have. Sunshine for one. :D

Placebo would be awesome. Must ask my friend google...

I miss the food! Especially knusperflocken and klösse :haha: I moved here in 96, so it seems like a lifetime ago now.
I'm trying to convince hubby that we want to go and see smashing pumpkins in July but he's not too impressed....

Sassy, Whatt? No I didn't know that. That's beyond exciting, I do know that his new movie comes out on April 19th too here in the US. My DH & I are sooo excited to see it! We just saw him live a few months ago, greatest live performance EVER.

Amygdala, thank you! Yeah, I am in shock how far along I am now haha. I feel like it was just yesterday when I got my BFP.

Did you see him at the twins of evil tour? We did at the 02. I agree with it being the best live performance ever \m/ I really hope he'll be touring again after the release of the new album.

:thumbup:
It was an amazing gig! Manson was pretty good too but I reminisce about the good old 90s days which I think were his best years.

Maternity wear...early days for me but how is everyone going to accessorise to achieve a more alternative look? Can't seem to find any decent websites.

Well, I don't look too "alternative" anymore anyway, pregnant or not, but I'm sure there's stuff online that might fit your requirements. I found some websites last time but don't think I saved them. What kinda thing are you looking for? Band shirts? Dresses? I guess most stuff works pregnant or not, even t-shorts as long as they are stretchy. But yeah, I can't talk, I'm pretty much hoodies and jeans all day every day.

Mainly dresses and tops, trying to plan ahead for my download venture as well,lol. Had had a quick rummage online the other day but it's all either mega expensive or in the USA or both >.<

Yeah, I found that as well. Joe Browns have a lot of dresses and tops that work well with a bump, if you're into their stuff? I pretty much lived in two of their dresses towards the end last time. For day-to-day, new look do cheap and cheerful maternity stuff.

Here's a very un-rock'n'roll question for you (but it's fashion related): Do I have any chance of hiding a baby bump at 5 months pregnant for an interview? Not stylishly, I'm sure, but do you think I could dress up to just look fat (but still professional)?

Sassy, Manson did HORRIBLE at the show I was at. We were all so unimpressed, it was a bit sad for us as it was mine and DHs first time seeing him. We went with another couple who always travel to California and/or Vegas whenever he's performing there and goes and sees him, they said it was the worst performance they've ever seen of his.

Amygdala, maybe try a double breasted jacket that you can button without it emphazing your belly?

On clothes, I am having a hard time also. I have found some stuff on Etsy. I'll be living in cotton dresses all summer long though.

Ooo, I don't know...depends on how big your bump is? Maybe look for some floaty tops on eBay?

Will look in to Joe Browns tonight. Never heard of them (I think).

I just copy pasted a load of stuff then the page refreshed :( typical!

Anyway, I more or less said I struggled finding anything really alternative that wasn't too cheesy with maternity wear. Same with baby clothes! I really wanted a couple of little rock onesies for my daughter last time but couldn't really find anything. I also said that new look do some alright maternity wear, they do some nice skinny over the bump jeans. I don't really dress overly alternative, I just wear whatever really but I do have pink hair.

I've had my hair every colour under the sun since 13. I also used to have a lot of peircings( lip peircing x3 middle, both sides. Septum peircing, nose peircing, upper lip Monroe peircing, tongue peircing, eyebrow peircing and belly peircing) although I haven't worn any of them in for a long while now apart from my tongue bar.

I think this dress is pretty cool but I don't know how well it'd work maternity wise, unless you got it a few sizes bigger.

https://www.attitudeclothing.co.uk/product_31708-64-2278_Banned-Owl-Slash-Sleeve-Dress.htm

My friend also told me of a t-shrt if you're expecting twins that says "I'm either having twins or a time lord" which I thought was funny :D

Sassy, Manson did HORRIBLE at the show I was at. We were all so unimpressed, it was a bit sad for us as it was mine and DHs first time seeing him. We went with another couple who always travel to California and/or Vegas whenever he's performing there and goes and sees him, they said it was the worst performance they've ever seen of his.

Amygdala, maybe try a double breasted jacket that you can button without it emphazing your belly?

On clothes, I am having a hard time also. I have found some stuff on Etsy. I'll be living in cotton dresses all summer long though.

That's a shame :( I did hear that his shows were hit and miss during the tour. Luckily we must have seen him on a good night then.

I keep forgetting about etsy, I'll have a rummage tonight :)

I just copy pasted a load of stuff then the page refreshed :( typical!

Anyway, I more or less said I struggled finding anything really alternative that wasn't too cheesy with maternity wear. Same with baby clothes! I really wanted a couple of little rock onesies for my daughter last time but couldn't really find anything. I also said that new look do some alright maternity wear, they do some nice skinny over the bump jeans. I don't really dress overly alternative, I just wear whatever really but I do have pink hair.

I've had my hair every colour under the sun since 13. I also used to have a lot of peircings( lip peircing x3 middle, both sides. Septum peircing, nose peircing, upper lip Monroe peircing, tongue peircing, eyebrow peircing and belly peircing) although I haven't worn any of them in for a long while now apart from my tongue bar.

I think this dress is pretty cool but I don't know how well it'd work maternity wise, unless you got it a few sizes bigger.

https://www.attitudeclothing.co.uk/product_31708-64-2278_Banned-Owl-Slash-Sleeve-Dress.htm

My friend also told me of a t-shrt if you're expecting twins that says "I'm either having twins or a time lord" which I thought was funny :D

I love attitude clothing! Found a nice skulls dress which I might have to treat myself to ;)
I used to have lots of piercings in my teens...28 including a surface one on my throat. Those were the days ey....
Only got a couple left now due to work and just got bored of some of them.

Ok, here's a plea for help: What new music should I be listening to? Has there been any released recently that are actually worth bothering with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->