Royal Icing/Fondant Icing?

billy2mm

Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys!!
Reaction score
are they the same thing?

i have royal icing for icing my sons bday cake. its mickey mouse :thumbup: but ive no idea how im meant to colour it and how to use it lol.

i normally go to the bakers for a cake beautifully iced but seeing as kai is now allergic to dairy and gluten and im looking at over 30 quid for a cake which i have to drive about 80 miles round trip to collect i cant afford thast!

help please!!!!!

im gonna bake the cake this pm then try icing it etc tonight.

No they are different.

Fondant icing doesnt set hard whereas Royal Icing does, so if your looking for a soft icing go for fondant if you want a hard icing (like christmas cake) then its royal

Hope the cake comes out nice. Show us some piccies.

well this is going to be interesting! lol.

how do you make fondant icing?

I dont make it I buy it lol.. But you can buy fondant icing from the supermarket and it has a recipe on it.. I have a couple of these at home but havent ever found the time to try and make one.
If I am right I think its whisked egg whites.. If you havent found one I will get you the recipe when I get home.

I have never made it myself but it doesn't sound too tricky https://www.decoratingcakes.org.uk/fondant_cake_icing.htm
x

I was wondering the same thing. I am planning on making OH some cute little cupcakes for val day and I wanted to make some cute little hearts and bumble bees to go on them. Now going down the shop to get some royal icing =) Apparently it needs a while to set so if I make them now they should be nice and hard by valentines day =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->