Royal Mail seriously need to pull their socks up.....UPDATE first page!

CormacksGirl

Mum to Adam & #2 on the w
Reaction score
I am so mad right now at Royal Mail it is unbelievable.:growlmad:

OH ordered some items from the USA and they were sent on the 31st July and arrived in our local sorting office on the 12th August.:happydance: Only we were never told they had arrived:growlmad: Because there was customs charges applied, the items were held at the sorting office and we should have had a grey card through our door telling us to go and pay the charges and collect the Parcels, fair enough , only we never received the card:nope:

The parcel was held for 21 days and then sent back to sender on the 4th september. Get this though OH has emailed the sender and he hasn't received anything back either. Now OH has to contact the seller and ask him to subject a claim through the U.S postal service ( since the parcel had originated in the U.S):shrug: Then they will have to chase up / work with Royal Mail to find out what's happened to the parcel.

Seriously How hard is it to deliver a parcel. Has anybody had anything similar happen and was it ever resolved?

If you got this far then thanks for reading!!:flower:

Update.

OH has received an email from the guy that sent him the parcel saying he has received the parcel back. He will be reposting the parcel again but this time the guy will be keeping a track on the parcel and he will be sending OH the USPS tracking codes as well so he can keep track this end.

Hopefully we receive the parcel this time!!!

never happened, but the royal mail fuck up all the time :dohh: I hope you get this sorted out. have you phoned the royal mail customer services or anything?

My postie doesnt leave a red card if we already have something waiting at the sorting office which is very annoying as I can only collect sat morning and dont have a car so sometimes I go to pick up 1 item and theres that plus 2 for oh but they wont give me the other 2 because I dont have permission from OH! How are we meant to know?

I hate royal mail. My mum sent me a package which cost nearly £30 to send and I never received it. It had about £70 worth of food and stuff in it :growlmad: it was later found and it never left the country.

Whenever I get post here they always leave a card. We have things here called pack stations where they leave things if a neighbour can't take it or whatever and they leave a card so you can go pick it up any time you want. Never ever had problems with Deutsche Post and I've had a lot of stuff delivered by them.

my usual postman is great but the one we get when hes on holiday is an idiot!
he left me a red card saying he had been at 11.45am (i was home, he didnt knock).. anyway i found the card at 11am... so he lied! (this is the 2nd time hes done this) on the card it said he had left the parcel in a safe place.. ive still yet to find it & this was 3 weeks ago!!

Ha yep sounds about right. DH order a extra charge for his second hand I pod that was at the end of aug we emailed the seller after a few days and got told to wait 10 working days nothing arrived he emailed again nothing arrived, I went to pick up a parcel I had missed a few days later and walked out with 2 parcel, the charger as well, with the stamp date from aug! We never have got the second charger so who knows where that ended up! Xxx

never happened, but the royal mail fuck up all the time :dohh: I hope you get this sorted out. have you phoned the royal mail customer services or anything?

Yeah hun, I've phoned them 3 times and been to the sorting office once, OH is wanting to go in tomorrow again. Just hope we get this sorted.

The parcel is worth £100 will we be able to claim back with the credit card if this doesn't get resolved?

That's a nightmare.
At my old house, they used to leave my parcels with neighbours without leaving a card to tell me, my neighbours must of thought I was to lazy to go and get them. :(

I won't get started on Royal Mail, I've had three parcels supposed to be sent to me that I've never received. I've had stuff sent through the post from Australia and the US with absolutely no issue but when Royal Mail gets involved well I never see the item!

our postman is a complete and utter plonker!

i live on the end of the street, and the postman delivers anyones mail to us! the amount of times i have posted it back only to get it delivered right back to us is stupid! i am guessing the stupid postman has realised he hasent posted all the letters so throws them all into our letter box!

USPS mess up all the time and lose things or deliver to the wrong address as well. They've even found drivers throwing mail away so they don't have to deliver it!

I hate Royal Mail. We had a red card come through last week saying that the parcel had been left in our bin. It was on the end of our drive, full of rubbish and got emptied before we got home so the parcel is long gone. How can anyone be that thick??

I hate Royal Mail. We had a red card come through last week saying that the parcel had been left in our bin. It was on the end of our drive, full of rubbish and got emptied before we got home so the parcel is long gone. How can anyone be that thick??

That is shocking:wacko:

Hopefully you will receive it soon. Your not being charged extra for postage are you? X

I hope you aren't being charged again for postage! I don't have that many problems with royal mail. Just miss our old postman. His family lived in the street so any parcels he'd be kind enough to reattempt delivery later that day before red carding and taking them down to the main branch. I'm always nearly home in the mornings and all the couriers know that and leave the neighbours parcels with me :rofl:

Just asked OH about the postage he isn't sure and not too fussed if he's charged again, he just wants his parcel:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->