Rudeness and assumptions of others

LucyFur

Reaction score
I'm 32 years old, nearly 33 in fact, but I look young for my age. A friend of a friend found out that I thought I may be pregnant. We were all talking together and my friend said I was very careful, I forgot what the conversation was about but then this lady said " well you can't be that careful, if you're pregnant". TBH I was a little taken aback. My husband and I have been together 11 years and married 3 years, we chose to ttc. I was upset at her assumption, but I let it pass.

Then yesterday I went to superdrug to buy some ginger pastilles, I've been feeling a little queezy and wanted to see if they worked. The picture on the box was of a heavily pregnant woman. When I got to the till the woman serving me looked me up and down, with a filthy look, taking time to gawp at my tummy. I'd only just had the conversation with my friend about worrying that others may judge me, believing me to be a very young mum. It seems I may have been right. I felt so happy and optimistic before that happened. Why do people have to be so damn rude and judgmental?

Wait util baby arrives and you get on the topic of feeding, or where the baby sleeps, or how the baby travels, or what is on its butt. Mommy wars!!!

I'm just hoping the mother in law isn't going to be too interfering! Eek.

Yes you get judged for everythihngn! At the moment half the world thinks my DD should already be potty trained and half think i'm practically a child abuser for trying so young! I'm surprised though because i had my DD at 31 and we're not married and i didn't feel judged, or maybe i just blocked it all out because i was so happy!

Yeah people are so judgemental. I've lost count of the number of times my friend told me when she was pregnant that she was stupid and wouldn't cope because they'd see her with a 9/10 month old baby when she was really far along and also that she was too young to have two kids (she was 26 at the time).

The 9 month old baby was actually one she was fostering so its not as though she planned to have two that close in age but even so- what business is it of theirs?

I've also noticed checkout people check my ring finger when I've bought pregnancy tests before- just plain rude!

Try ginger nut biscuits might be more palatable

I had my first son at 16 years old and surprisingly, not very many people gave me 'the look'. Only twice I can remember, which was a lady at the zoo who looked at me like I had just killed a puppy and an older woman who stopped me and said "aren't you a little young for that?" (I just smiled and kept walking). I'm 23 now and I don't notice people giving me looks when I take my kids out. Maybe it's just the area you live in? Do you live in a conservative town? You'll learn to give a mental middle finger to people - it only gets worse after you have a baby! Lol

I had my first son at 16 years old and surprisingly, not very many people gave me 'the look'. Only twice I can remember, which was a lady at the zoo who looked at me like I had just killed a puppy and an older woman who stopped me and said "aren't you a little young for that?" (I just smiled and kept walking). I'm 23 now and I don't notice people giving me looks when I take my kids out. Maybe it's just the area you live in? Do you live in a conservative town? You'll learn to give a mental middle finger to people - it only gets worse after you have a baby! Lol

I was visiting a nearby town so I'm not sure. In my own city though there are so many young mothers no one bats an eye anymore. Not that I'm young anymore, but I look it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->