rumours....

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
there are rumours flying about dundee of a bomb threat 2mo in the overgate(shopping centre) now i know its probably a heap of rubbish but even still im avoiding the town 2mo!!!

has anyone else heard rumours round there bit as apptly there flying round scotland??

not heard any thing.

what kind of bomb romours? terrorists?

god things like that freak me out
if i hear a plan fly above i always wait to hear a bomb drop :lol: think im watching to many movies :oops:

OMG :shock: that would terrify me! i havnt heard anything though....

There is a rumour and element of truth here too-2 weeks ago a girl was walking behind two "foreign" looking gentlemen in the Almondvale Shopping Centre when they dropped a wallet. She picked the wallet up and gave it to them, they said "thankyou you done me a great honour, now I will do you one, stay out of the centre on the 16th december!" :shock:

Now these threats/rumours have been happening all over the country, but this incident did actually occurr in our shopping centre, and the police are taking it seriously.

I too will be avoiding the centre, I am scared of the day i never seen :oops:

god thats terrible i really dont understand the way some people think!!!

god i would not go near that centre i hope no one does. xmas shopping can wait!

I really wouldn't worry about it. There was one about Birmingham a few years ago and nothing came of it. Its an urban myth

https://www.snopes.com/rumors/warning.asp

I for one would do my shopping there, especially if everyone else was keeping away as think of how empty it would be :D

Good point beanie! :wink:

But you know you'd miss me if I was blown to smitherines :rofl:

The forum would be too quiet without you hun :wink:

There's one going around about Braehead shopping centre in Glasgow as well so I wouldn't worry...the same story that circulated after 9/11 about London...

guy drops his wallet, girl picks it up for him and he says "for your kindess don't be in Brahead/London/Dundee/McDonalds/KFC etc on such and such a date"

I work there so I'm not concerned

we had it on our local radio this afternoon, said there was a threat in inverness tomorrow. radio actually said it was an urban myth......doesnt stop you worrying though!

k tht was teh exact rumour i heard whole wallet thing blah blah!!! good im not gunna b blown up!! sick buggers starting things like this tho!!! :evil:

the overegate is surrounded by soldiers :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->