Running?

crusherwife44

Reaction score
If you ran before or were just starting out are you still going? Im a little nervous. I wasnt running as much as i used to but just picking it back up. I know its safe. I did it in the army with my second until my boobs got to annoying but ... Idk. Silly worries?

I don't run but I do aerobic workouts, I'm under the impression that whatever your body was used to is still ok during. For me I've been feeling tired this week so haven't been exerting myself but still doing my workouts, I say, just listen to your body. This is my 3rd pregnancy xx

:wave: Another runner here. I've been a distance runner for over half of my life. I ran during my third pregnancy and am also still going for my fourth. The only time I've ever stopped was when I had a subchorionic hematoma around 10 weeks with my third and was put on moderate bedrest until it resolved itself (couple weeks later). When I resumed my running, I slowed my pace so as not to over exert myself as much.

This pregnancy has been a breeze and I'm still going at my usual pace and distance and will try to do so until I become too large and uncomfortable.

I had just started running in September 2017 and was up to 3 miles a day/every other day when I got pregnant at the end of November. I did stop running when I got pregnant, but it was more because of 1st trimester fatigue than because I couldn't. I plan to start back up again as soon as I get the all clear from my doctor...which will probably be in September of this year lol.

I believe the doctors say as long as you aren't doing anything new to your body (like starting to lift or something) then you're fine to keep doing it when you get pregnant. Your body is already used to it. But you shouldn't start a new workout routine WHILE pregnant, if that makes sense.

I don't run as my sports bras are just too small and uncomfortable for bf my other little ones, but I do HIIT regularly still. I've been doing this for years through my last two pregnancies as well and will continue for this one. I think it's fine! (Also makes labor and recovery so much easier)

I havent been running as much as i used to last year. I ran 3 miles after that post and kinda freaked myself out and might not run anymore

I havent been running as much as i used to last year. I ran 3 miles after that post and kinda freaked myself out and might not run anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->