Safe pain relief ?

Mummyjohnson

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just wondered if someone could help. I often have back problems (work related) but today the back pain has been to the extreme. I really need some pain relief. Is there anything thats pregnancy safe I can take? Hubby has been giving me back massages to help ease it, and I've got a hot water bottle on my back but I really need something that will actually do something. I am really worried, this could be start of another misscarriage, because it's so bad -much more than normal. Can anyone help please?

Thanks x x

hi, my gp says paracetamol is ok to take in moderation as i suffer bad headaches . also backache is very normal i have had it on and off during this preg like u i worried i was having another mc . but its totaly normal as its ur body preparing for baby :flower:

Thank you susan, mine is permanently with me, but is getting to be much worse than normal, to the point where I've been doubled over. I don't see how it can be so bad and still be considered a normal pregnancy symptom. :( I can't help feeling worried. I'm going to have a low dose of pracetamol to take the edge off though. x x

supprises you whats normal in pregnancy . i told my midwife today i felt like my ovary was goni burst sometimes with pain she told totaly normal . hope the pain eases soon :hugs:

If you are doubled over with pain and paracetamol is not cutting it then that is not normal. I think you should see a doctor ASAP. At least they can give you proper pain relief and check it isn't anything serious :hugs:
As for the hot water bottle you might not want to use a really hot one as you are not supposed to raise your body temperature and your lower back isn't too far away from your uterus.
Wishing you all the best :hugs:

Thanks hun. I'll bear that in mind about the hot water bottle. I've not had any blood, unusual cm or cramping in the uterus area, but it's very worrying all the same. Hubby has been looking at my back and found the spot that causing the pain. He says it's the exact spot where I bend to lift and thinks it due to too much lifting. So hopefully if the back pain is from lifting, it won't affect the baby? I'll be going to doctors in morning if it doesn't ease. xx

Mummy, that sounds like a good idea. If it is from lifting your doc can put your mind at ease and hopefully will be able to give you stronger pain killers :hugs:

Thanks hun. I've got up this morning and it's eased off overnight. So I'll put off seeing the doctor till it returns, which hopefully it doesn't. xx

I'm almost 12 weeks now and off sick with an old back injury (work related) that has flared up again. What with the ms, the retching is murder on my back and the GP has at last prescribed me cyclizine. The GP the other day prescribed me diazepam (which im too scared to take coz of the addiction risks) and co-codamol 8/500mg. The GP today has increased it to 50/500mg and put me on ant acid tablets to protect my stomach. I really dont want to be taking all these tablets when i promised myself i wouldnt even take paracetamol. Im a right old mess at the moment, all i want to do is get back to feeling well again!

Oh and heat isnt good for pregnancy. Ice is better for back injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->