safe remedies for heartburn

xLottiex

Reaction score
Im 10+4 and experiencing heartburn/acid reflux every evening from about 6-7pm, since I was around 9w. It makes me feel like im going to be sick, as if there's food half way up my gullet, ew! I tried sticking my head down the toilet a few times when it got really bad but i didnt throw up so i obviously didnt need to!

I think ive only recently realised that its heartburn as i previously put it off as nausea(which ive had 24/7 since 6w)

I read that the hormones relax a lot of muscles (so the uterus can stretch) including the sphincter from the oesophagus to the stomach, causing acid to 'come back up' slightly.. so there's not alot we can do about those hormones!

I think its worse in the evenings as thats when i tend to slouch lower and lower on the sofa as the night goes on! And its SO bad when I lie down when I go to bed.

I havent found and triggers (apart from lying down but a pregnant girl's gotta sleep!!) So i was wondering if you guys know any safe medicine to take to ease the heartburn.. Or even any home remedies or tips!

Im in the UK, too.

TIA! xx

In the uk your doctor will prescribe gaviscon x

1 tsp each Apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of water daily. If it's around the same time each evening you might drink a glass of milk or eat some yogurt prior to the problem arising.

I take tums but have heard of milk with a little bit of honey in it will help a lot ;) I have it every night too or if I eat anything greasy/fatty

I remember taking Rennies when I was pg with DD. you'd need to double check they're safe as that was 6 years ago but I'm sure they're fine during pregnancy.

I take Rolaids, but I'm in the US I don't know if you have them there.

Gaviscon are fine to take, I'm taking one right now, woken up with it ugh!
Doctor will prescribe it so you can get it free :)

I'm going through Rennie's like they're sweets- try the Orange ones. They're perfectly safe to take during pregnancy x

Milk or cheese or both to give the acid something to work on. Try not to let your stomach get completely empty. I found liquid antacids heaps more effective than the chewy ones - the type you keep in the fridge worked really fast for me.

I pretty much drank gaviscon by thr bottle last pregnancy 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->